I'm quitting golf ...

Comments

• PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,658 ✭✭

Ferguson wrote:

Broad jumping can be fun. Good exercise.

Corn Hole requires less athleticism.

No clue what it is, but it sure sounds messy.
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,542 ClubWRX
    In my travels I came across the sport of Sepak Takraw. For a meager 25% fee I'll let you create speaktakrawWRX.com. In case you think this is mullarky, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dQkujdGwa0
  • CheckJVCheckJV Male Model Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭
    What about hookers or blow? I think you made a mistake asking for both. Suggest you go ask your wife again but for just one this time. I’m sure she will be reasonable. You are quitting golf after all.
  • GolfMonster09GolfMonster09 PING Staff 2019 Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭
    sprcoop wrote:

Photography. A good quality DLSR with various lenses will cost a pretty penny. Plus you've no doubt gotten up at 4:30 to make it to an early tee time, so getting up that early to get good sunrise shots won't be unreasonable. It can take hundreds of hours and thousands of shots to get the one shot you've been going after.

DSLR (Digital Single Lense Reflex)? I'm dyslexic also.

That sounds just like my golf game!

Thank you. Clearly I didn’t proofread my post. Ha! That’s funny
    PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
    PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro White TX 70
    PING i500 3 iron - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING Blueprint 4-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • BForresterBForrester Unregistered Posts: 1,261
    edited May 25, 2018 #66
    Skiing. The only hobby I've had that's as expensive and time consuming as golf.
    Taylormade M1 8.5o Aldila Tour Green 70x 44"
    Taylormade RBZ 3w 15o Aldila Tour Blue 70x
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19o R-Flex
    Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW DG S300
    Mizuno S5 (54, 58)
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #1
  • golfnmudd  golfnmudd golfnmudd Members Posts: 503 ✭✭
  • PsyberPsyber Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    Take up modding cars. That'll make you appreciate how inexpensive golf is unless your golf fees are ultra elite country clubs.
    Driver - Cobra F7+ w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70
    3 Wood - Nike Covert 2.0
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 20.5° w/ Aldila ATX Tour Blue 85
    Irons - W-4 Titleist 714 AP2 w/ SteelFiber i95
    Wedges - Vokey SM5 54° and 58° S Grinds
    Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R
  • NJpatbeeNJpatbee Members Posts: 1,516 ✭✭
    I have been fly fishing and tying flies for 45 years and playing golf for 25. I gave up golf for almost a year out of frustration and fell back to my fly fishing, which by the way can be as expensive as golf. I came back to golf and play it much more than I fly fish. I am a 17 Hcp but have taught fly fishing and fly tying, but the challenge and lure of golf keeps me working at it, and I enjoy every moment of it. Take a break and try something new, but odds are you will find yourself on a golf course wishing you had your clubs. Good luck!
  • HoosierHacker89HoosierHacker89 Members Posts: 2,653 ✭✭
    I got into fishing over the last 5 years since my grandpa passed away. Used to go with him as a kid, but found it again after his death. I fell in love with it, and the 3 or 4 year break away from golf has really helped me get back into it over the past 12 months. I don’t think the love for the game ever goes away but absence makes the heart miss something.
    Titleist 910 D3
    R7 steel 4 wood
    Cleveland Ta 5 3-P
    Cleveland 588 51/56
    Odyssey white hot 2 ball
  • St JimmySt Jimmy Members Posts: 423 ✭✭
    Start a saltwater reef tank.

It's just as expensive/time consuming/soul sucking as golf.
    Ping G400
    Ping G SFT 3W
    Mizuno HM 4 iron bent to 19 degrees
    Miura CB-57 3-PW
    Miura Y Grind 51
    Miura K Grind 56
    Scotty Golo 3
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,483 ✭✭
    tatertot wrote:
    It takes too long, there are too many cheaters, and I'm not smart enough to play.

Any suggestions on a new hobby to spend my newfound 16 hours a week and thousands of dollars of disposable income on?

P.S. Wife already said no to hookers and blow.

Is this Ron White or Larry the Cable Guy?
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
  • mjfornmjforn Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    dbleag wrote:

Run for a political office.

He seems like an honest guy. Why would he what to surround himself with those guys'.......

image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Matt

Callaway GBB Epic 9*

Callaway Rogue Graphite R-Flex 4-AW

Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
    K 3s
    Titleist Tour Soft
    Titliest NXT s
    K Sigs (in the shag bag)

• FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    tatertot wrote:

It takes too long, there are too many cheaters, and I'm not smart enough to play.

Any suggestions on a new hobby to spend my newfound 16 hours a week and thousands of dollars of disposable income on?

CRAP! Your wife has really limited your choices! I suggest guitar. Heck, a Gibson Les Paul Custom is only around $5,000, and at least it's still worth something later, and you can entertain folks with a different kind of bad play! Just KIDDING! I play the piano and never put golf ahead of the piano because sing alongs and "name that tune" nights are so much fun!
  • john myrbchjohn myrbch Members Posts: 150
    tatertot wrote:

Yawn... Another "I'm quitting thread"... You just realized golf takes up a lot of time and money? Wait let me guess. You're playing like crap, blaming it on your playing partners or the group in front of you. You're probably just looking for attention, or people to commiserate with about pace of play, but it would be nice if you stuck to your word, and convinced a lot of similar whiners to join you in quitting. It gets old listening to guys like you b**** about the same crap over and over. The internet ones are bad, but the guys who play 3-4 times a week yet never stop complaining to their foursome make it miserable for everyone. See ya...
    PING G400 max 9* TM M2 15* Callaway Steelhead XR 19*, 22* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-GW Callaway MD3 54* Callaway MD3 58** Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34"
  • Nard_SNard_S Members Posts: 3,277 ✭✭
    Pitmaster competitions! Keeps the beer flowing.
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NCMembers Posts: 5,235 ✭✭
    FWIW, I used to have a club in my hands 6 days per week. Now down to one and road cycling and classical guitar fill my time.

dave
  • Club GuruClub Guru Members Posts: 101 ✭✭
    Seems like Tennis could be a logical transition and it could help your golf game if you come back.
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Hit wrote:

Shooting sports can be a similar suck on your time and money. And easy to take part in during the winter months when golf shuts down if you're in the north.

My other hobby, a little recoil therapy once a week keeps me in balance. Doesn't take near as long as golf, can be as expensive, but doesn't have to be.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • Andrew MAndrew M Members Posts: 363 ✭✭
    Photography

We professional photographers say the fastest way to make money in photography is sell all your camera equipment.

Give it some thought. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    PING G Series Driver 9* -- Grafalloy Bimatrix Tour Prototype | 44.75"
    PING G Series 3w 14.5* -- Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1 | length -1"
    Srixon U45 Driving Iron 18*
    PING iBlades 4-PW
    Nippon Modus3 105 .75" upright "pink dot" | length +1/2"
    PING Glide 52* SS; 58* TS
    Callaway MD3 PM-Grind 64*

Directed Force Reno Mallet
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,288 ✭✭
    Who you kidding?

X________________________________
    Sign Here

• 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,009 ✭✭
    Go_Time wrote:

Can i have your adams drivers?
    I get dib's on the F 7's
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    BForrester wrote:

Skiing. The only hobby I've had that's as expensive and time consuming as golf.

Piano is worse...I've bought 9 Steinway grand pianos that promised "super play improvement".
  • FrohlichFrohlich Members Posts: 599 ✭✭
    Do you enjoy Gladiator movies??? Maybe start up a fight/wrestling club...just don't talk about it...since its the first rule and all. Make sure to buy a good singlet first.

BTW, I'm asking for a friend.
    People quit golf because they refuse to ask for help. Most of the time folks have maybe two swing flaws that are easy to fix....unless they don't ask for help. You know, the same guy who would rather drive 100 miles around town vs. simply asking for directions. .
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,957 ✭✭
    Oh well, I just might join the party of leaving the game ( temporarily, I hope ) !
  • GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members Posts: 653 ✭✭
    S M H at this talk.... if i go more than 3 days without walking down a fairway and hitting a golf ball. I feel like iʻm going thru withdrawl. This golf thing is a bad addiction. ; /

• GautamaGautama Members Posts: 770 ✭✭
    Really, three pages of responses and no one has suggested amateur ****? Good for the heart, great for your marriage, and really quite trendy. Not much in the way of initial investment needed either.
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,933 ✭✭
    you'll be back, hang on to your stuff.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • mjfornmjforn Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Gautama wrote:

Really, three pages of responses and no one has suggested amateur ****? Good for the heart, great for your marriage, and really quite trendy. Not much in the way of initial investment needed either.

image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' /> image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' /> image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' />

image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Matt

Callaway GBB Epic 9*

Callaway Rogue Graphite R-Flex 4-AW

Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
    K 3s
    Titleist Tour Soft
    Titliest NXT s
    K Sigs (in the shag bag)

• sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,709 ✭✭