Walked off the first hole in shame today.

13»

Comments

• uitar9uitar9 Members  462WRX Points: 123Handicap: LOLPosts: 462 Greens
    When the going gets worse than bogey golf, I have to remember "enjoy the walk, nobody was killed"
    Posted:
    KZG OS11 12 degree driver
    Calloway 16 5-wood
    Calloway 20.5 heavenwood
    Cobra 24.5 9-wood
    KZG 5-PW irons
    KZG 52 and 56 and cobra 60 wedges
    TM Spider mallet
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers  1594WRX Points: 178Posts: 1,594 Platinum Tees
    In retrospect, a funny story. I had a physically laborious job on a Friday and woke up Saturday aching all over. It was very difficult to swing a golf club, and my Saturday set tee time was waiting for me. I get up to the first tee, unable to get loose, body still aching, and attempt to tee off with driver. I swung and hit the ball off the toe of the club and it went directly 90 degrees from the line of the fairway, popped up about 50 yards and landed on the practice putting green almost hitting somebody. Every golfer knows what it feels like, all eyes are on you when teeing off the first tee. I heard several muffled chuckles and of course was embarrassed. I'm usually pretty decent off the tee with the driver, but not that day. I completed the round although and never really loosened up as the body had enough. I'll never forget that tee shot
    Posted:
  • md1mmd1m Members  800WRX Points: 96Posts: 800 Golden Tee
    Never whiffed a shot, so I think if I ever did it on my first swing, I'd pick up the ball and leave. That would be an even better story for you and the other people image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Clubs are fluid
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Rapid City, SDMembers  913WRX Points: 177Handicap: 14.0Posts: 913 Golden Tee
    You gotta get back on that horse and ride. Honestly the best thing to do is crack a beer and relax a little bit. I've had starts like yours and 95% of the time it was because I was just too tensed up and hadn't swung a club in a long time. After the first couple bad shots you tense up even more. Just relax, realize your score is completely boned, and try to at least try to loosen up and get the feel of your swing back.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F8 Driver Aldila NV-2KXV Green 65 Stiff (9 degree setting, Draw Weight Placement, -3/4")
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood Aldila NV-2KXV Blue 70 Stiff (15.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Callaway Apex 19 3-4 Hybrids (Project X Catalyst 5.5 Flex, -1/2" for both)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - KBS Regular Flex Steel Shafts (I keep the 4 iron in the trunk and alternate it with the 4 hybrid depending on which course we are playing or weather conditions)
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM 19 Grind 54 & 58
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (35")
  • AtraynAtrayn ChicagoClubWRX  2197WRX Points: 206Posts: 2,197 Platinum Tees
    In 2008, I was playing in a Men's league. I developed the sh*nks on the first hole and finished shooting a 68 for 9 holes.

It was my "rock bottom" I would have walked off #3 had my playing partners not encouraged me to stay.

After that, I checked my ego and committed to make a complete swing change. I also educated myself on the golf swing, ball fight laws and a very good instructor.
    Posted:
    Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
    https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
    2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
    2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
    2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
    2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
    2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
    2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
    2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
    Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.