Haywood Wedges

124»

Comments

• sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

Hey all!

Just wanted to let everyone know that our wedges are officially NON-CONFORMING.

They were deemed to have too deep of milling on the face according the 2 different sections in the rules and regulations of the R&A.

It is unfortunate that competitive tournament playing individuals cannot use our clubs, but for everyone else, it is great for you to be able to know first hand that our wedges do in fact produce more spin because of the milling attribute we have added. You can feel more confident with your distance and spin control on chips and approaches and improve your scoring around the green image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If anyone has any additional questions, feel free to message me directly.

Cheers,

JH

They are suddenly even more attractive to me. MMMMMMMMM, Non-Conforming! image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • b.heltsb.helts Members Posts: 2,842 ✭✭
    I’ve had a chance to play a few rounds now. I have 52 - 56 - 60. As I said before, they are beautiful and feel great. Having used them though, I find the leading edge much too sharp and rounded. Doesn’t matter too much around the greens because opening the face a bit in effect softens the leading edge. But on square faced shots, particularly with the 60 it’s just too sharp.

Also, if I’m totally honest I’m disappointed that they are non conforming. Josh was honest with me up front so I gambled. But now that it’s official, I’m going to have to pull them from the bag.

It was a great experiment and a pleasure to work with Josh and I look forward to seeing what’s next.
    edited Aug 10, 2018 #94
    I just checked the website. $30 for shipping? Is that correct? I can ship a wedge across the USA using USPS for $15.
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • haywoodgolfhaywoodgolf Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2018 #95
    sdandrea wrote:

I just checked the website. $30 for shipping? Is that correct? I can ship a wedge across the USA using USPS for $15.

Hey Steve,

We would be happy to provide you our address (in Vancouver, Canada) and if you'd like to create your own shipping label, pay for it and then send it to us, we are more than happy to use it if you can find a cheaper alternative
    Post edited by Unknown User on

sdandrea wrote:

Hey Steve,

We would be happy to provide you our address (in Vancouver, Canada) and if you'd like to create your own shipping label, pay for it and then send it to us, we are more than happy to use it if you can find a cheaper alternative

Did NOT realize you were in Canada. $30 makes more sense now. ****.
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • Grover21Grover21 Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Josh,

Any possibility of changing the milling depths to make a conforming version?

Cheers!
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond PX Evenflow white T1100 6.5
    Taylormade M3 PX Evenflow Black 6.5
    Callaway Xforged 18 Tour DI 105
    Callaway Apex pro 19 3-4 Modus 120 TX
    Callaway Apex MB 5-9 Modus 120 TX
    Callaway MD4 46,50,54,58 Modus 120 TX/ DG TI S400
    or
    Callaway MD4 46, 52, 58 Modus 120 TX/ DG TI S400
    Toulon Atlanta /Bettinardi Studio Stock #3/ Scotty Cameron TEI Santa Fe Sole Stamp
    Had a question for everyone - would you be open to purchasing just heads, be it for wedges or irons, so you can then add in your own shafts, grips etc?
  • Brentwalker52Brentwalker52 Members Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hey all!

Would love feedback on a prototype we are testing.

Take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Our goal is to be able to have a base model set (4-PW) for $600 with options to upgrade shafts and grips of course.

Testing is being done this week but would love to get everyone’s thoughts on the look. We would be offering in black and silver (same finishes as the wedges) so people can have a complete set.

Appreciate any responses and feedback in advance!

Cheers,

JH

**** please make these for us lefty’s
    Taylormade 2017 M1 10.5
    Callway x hot 3w
    Taylormade 2016 M1 5w
    Wilson d100 4-Gw
    Nike Engage 52,56,60
    Odyssey Crimson Red Putter
    There definitely will be lefties image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Gilbertc13Gilbertc13 Mizuno Staff Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    If I was allowed to play the clubs, I’d try out the irons and the wedges. These things look sweet
  • blazman11blazman11 Members Posts: 453 ✭✭
    I would definitely be down with buying just wedge / iron heads and assembling myself or through a fitter.
  • RobS14526RobS14526 Members Posts: 1,127 ✭✭

Had a question for everyone - would you be open to purchasing just heads, be it for wedges or irons, so you can then add in your own shafts, grips etc?

Yes yes yes.