Koepka and DJ Swagger

Comments

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,694 ✭✭
    2 guys, 61 years between them

2 majors between them.

2 (two)

Guess benching 185lbs on a smith machine gives you the right to swagger these days on the pga tour.

Meantime,

; )

• EKELLYEKELLY Members Posts: 2,593 ✭✭
    If you've never hung out with any PGA Tour players, maybe you don't know! They ALL have an aura of swagger, some a high level of arrogance, as any successful professional athlete has a certain level. Some of them just can't help it, others exaggerate it. Trust me, they're all decent when the camera is on, some are total tools when no camera is in sight.....lol
  • Spongeb0bSpongeb0b Members Posts: 2,377 ✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018 #64

Kind of gets on my nerves. Looks like they both walk with an obvious swagger on purpose, like, "I'm a cool golfer". I know these two hang out together. They must practice their walks in front of each other.

If I had the time to practice enough, I'd get them on the course and feed them both a serving of humble pie.

Says the guy who puts his rank as his internet forum avatar/picture? Cmon bro!
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    It's almost like they're good at golf and enjoying themselves... holy s***.

Grow a bigger dick if you're worried.
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭
    Conrad1953 wrote:

KuroOuji54 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

They both strut by design, that much is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Gary Woodland probably has them both beat though.

Maybe its because they wear pants so tight we can see the expression on the head of their pe*is.

Y'all are weird

KuroOuji54 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

They both strut by design, that much is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Gary Woodland probably has them both beat though.

Maybe its because they wear pants so tight we can see the expression on the head of their pe*is.

Y'all are weird

Not all of us Kuro, just Dr. Block.

Comedy. You throw a bunch of $hit at the wall and hope something sticks. Although, to be fair, I borrowed that bit from stand up comedian Louie Katz. I believe in its proper context it was used to describe a vegan hipster. Quite a bit tighter pants
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,100 ✭✭
    Dr. Block wrote:

Conrad1953 wrote:

KuroOuji54 wrote:

Y'all are weird

KuroOuji54 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

Y'all are weird

Not all of us Kuro, just Dr. Block.

Comedy. You throw a bunch of $hit at the wall and hope something sticks. Although, to be fair, I borrowed that bit from stand up comedian Louie Katz. I believe in its proper context it was used to describe a vegan hipster. Quite a bit tighter pants

Vegan hipsters deserve it. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • fredstarfredstar Members Posts: 1,220 ✭✭
    I'd walk like that too if I was "built like a linebacker".
    Nike TW71 FF
    Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid
    Mizuno Wave GTX

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey RSX Milled Fang
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,694 ✭✭

Hal Roach: I went to Macy's, to the men's department. And I said, "Can you show me the cheapest suit in the store?" And he said, "You're wearing it."
  • jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,274 ✭✭
    Conrad1953 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

Vegan hipsters are redundant
    WITB:
    Titleist 910D3 9.5
    Titleist 917F2 15
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
  • Hit em goodHit em good Hit em good Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 #71
    rawdog wrote:

It's almost like they're good at golf and enjoying themselves... holy s***.

Grow a bigger dick if you're worried.

Hey, you don't know anything about the size of my weenie! image/offtopic.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':offtopic:' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver: 07 Burner TP
    4 wood: Ping G25
    7 wood: Ping G25
    23° hybrd:  Ping G25
    5i - pw: Mizuno MP64
    Wedges 50° / 54° / 58°: Cleveland Rotex 2.0 (2 dot , 3 dot , 2 dot)
    Putter: Ping Redwood Anser
    Ball: Titleist Pro v1x / Pro v1
    Bag: Titlest Stand Bag / 4 way top
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭
    jonsnow wrote:

Conrad1953 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

Vegan hipsters are redundant

Vegan hipsters smell of boiled cabbage.
  • nixnix Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    I find koepka and DJ to be the most boring golfers on tour right now.
  • handicap122003handicap122003 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Why not show MORE Dustin. Power. Second on the world. Beautiful wife. Instead I see fat Phil and +2 Speith. Horrible network broadcast.
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,361 ✭✭
    Anyone read that article about these two in Golf Magazine by Shipnuck?

It was weird, like their in a romantic relationship on the down low. I couldn't finish it.
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD DI 7S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • s1mZs1mZ Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Before this thread gets locked...let me add I absolutely love the swag!

DJ especially. Smash 350 yard drive...win a major..kiss your hot wife..You have to switch on the swag!

Bossy
  • Bluefan75Bluefan75 Members Posts: 3,919 ✭✭
    BottleCap wrote:

It was weird, like their in a romantic relationship on the down low. I couldn't finish it.

I can finish it for you. Brooks prepares the bubble bath while DJ lights the candles.... oops, wrong story.
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭
    Bluefan75 wrote:

BottleCap wrote:

I can finish it for you. Brooks prepares the bubble bath while DJ lights the candles.... oops, wrong story.

They make the perfect mouple.
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,100 ✭✭
    Getting kinky in here
  • Petunia SprinklePetunia Sprinkle Future King of France Unregistered Posts: 5,362 ✭✭
    smeal818 wrote:

scotee wrote:

Just a couple of linebackers with tour sause.

Except they weigh the same as punters haha

The only professional golfer built like a linebacker is Ariya Jutanugarn.
  • HankshankHankshank Members Posts: 1,614 ✭✭
    Ariya the Linebacker... image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

So ”swagger” is the word in americano... DJ the camel, Koepka the rubber man and Rose the pendulum
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,297 ✭✭
    With shot like that, DJ can do any sH*t and it'll be looked as cool
    OP here.

Yesterday's hole out on 18, is a perfect example. He holes out, doesn't even smile at first, no jumping, or other outward expression. Just starts the swagger walk, like he's walking with a 10 pound nut sack.

Sheesh.
  • c7015c7015 Members Posts: 2,133 ✭✭

OP here.

Yesterday's hole out on 18, is a perfect example. He holes out, doesn't even smile at first, no jumping, or other outward expression. Just starts the swagger walk, like he's walking with a 10 pound nut sack.

Sheesh.

that's just how to perfectly execute swag

but for real he even said he was not sure if it went in a first ...
    TS3 Smoke 70g (S Flex)
    913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
    915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
    712U 4 Iron
    715CB 5-6
    718MB 7-PW 
    Vokey SM7 50, 55, 60 
    SC Newport 2.5
  • PotatoheadPotatohead Members Posts: 2,920 ✭✭

OP here.

Sheesh.

Yeah yeah and if he had celebrated and jumped around like a buffoon, people would say he was being disrespectful to his playing partner. Can't win I guess.
  • RangeballzRangeballz Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭
    Wow, this thread, which admittedly had questionable value to start with, went downhill very quickly......
  • RangerVRangerV My ProV’s are frozen Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    If strutting down the fairway after a walkoff eagle to make a million + is unacceptable it’s a good thing I’ll never be on tv.... shirt off in the nearest bar tent doing shots until I can’t see if my scorecard says 67 or 87
    TM M3 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 73X
    TM M2 Tour 3HL w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X
    Mizuno Mp FliHi Cut Muscle w/ GD Tour AD 95X
    Mizuno Mp59 w/ TI DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Brushed Steel 50/55/60 w/ TI DG S400
    Ping Vault 2.0 Stealth Anser
  • Lagavulin62Lagavulin62 Members Posts: 2,149 ✭✭

OP here.

Sheesh.

The whole point of a swagger is to somehow show that what they do is just so routine it’s no longer of interest to them. Well obviously that is nothing but bs and anyone who carries on that way is purely a fool. So you really need to get over it and understand what it really says about that person. It’s DJ. What in heck do you expect? He is not you and that you can be proud of. I did not see it but I watched earlier and I don’t even give it much thought, neither shoukd anyone else.
  • randywildmanrandywildman Members Posts: 877 ✭✭
    Welcome to golf and guy's who look and act like athlete's. I doubt they are going away, get used to it.
  • andrieddleandrieddle Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭
    nicodywill wrote:

If I had the time to practice enough, I'd get them on the course and feed them both a serving of humble pie.

giphy.gif

Let the man dream big, come on now guys, can't knock it like that image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
    Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)
    TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
    FourteeN TC 606 (5-P/A)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
    Callaway MD2 (56/60)
    Odyssey EXO 7S
    [/font]

OP here.

Sheesh.

Like he's better than everyone else.