Honma TW737 / quickshipgolf / ksouth9

124»

Comments

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,532 ✭✭
    salmon2 wrote:

GoIrish17 wrote:

salmon2 wrote:

Check about halfway down this page and it highlights the differences within the model range.

[url="http://www.honmagolf.co.jp/en/item/club/iron_tw_737vn.html"]http://www.honmagolf...n_tw_737vn.html[/url]

You're talking about this?

You can also click on each variation on the lefthand side of the page and "specs" to get more of the numbers you are looking for. As far as forgiveness vs workability, VN should be most workable, VS most forgiving, and V in the middle.

Still not seeing anything on blade length/ height and bounce. I had been to the website previously, saw that graphic, and really couldn’t make out much of the information I was after. Your post stating VS -> V -> VN as most forgiving to least is the most informative thing in regards to comparison I’ve seen in two days of googling.
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • Boiler0007Boiler0007 Members Posts: 192 ✭✭
    I have a set of the Vs. They are supposed to be the most forgiving, but the head size is still a lot smaller than what I'm used to
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,207 ✭✭
    Boiler0007 wrote:

I have a set of the Vs. They are supposed to be the most forgiving, but the head size is still a lot smaller than what I'm used to

Frankly, not much difference btwn all V series. Significant thing is loft
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,532 ✭✭
    Boiler0007 wrote:

larciel wrote:

Boiler0007 wrote:

Frankly, not much difference btwn all V series. Significant thing is loft

I’m most interested in turf interaction and bounce. Which version has the most bounce/ sole camber? Or, is there even any difference in this aspect across the different models? I couldn’t find any bounce numbers anywhere.
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • Sparky14Sparky14 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    I got a set of the 737V from KSouth. Really nice. I've been playing graphite for 10 years, but got these with the Modus shafts to give steel one more shot, and I am shocked how soft these clubs feel.

And yes, as Honma states, I can find the easy to hit feel in the sharp shape. At least, I think I found it.
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 420 ✭✭

Yeah. They must just have a $hit ton load of them and are ditching them super cheap. I had no idea they could be sold for $300-400 a set and still make any worthwhile money for the shop. They must be well under $300 a set wholesale. That seems weird to me. I always thought they were expensive clubs.

Wholesale is a lot more than $300.

These are blow out prices that were probably offered for sellers who bought in large quantities.
  • TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    If anyone buys a set and wants to keep heads only I'm in for the 120 modus s
    Taylormade m5 9 ad gp 7x
    Epon af901 19 modus 120
    Nike vapor pro combo 3 iron
    Epon af 503 4-w modus 120s
    Epon tour 50 55 60 modus w
    Epon i33 rose gold putter
  • salmon2salmon2 Members Posts: 93 ✭✭
    I have 5-pw modus shaft pulls from my set in perfect condition. PM me if you’re interested.
  • GolfyGolfyGolfyGolfy Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #100

If anyone buys a set and wants to keep heads only I'm in for the 120 modus s

PM me if still interested
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,437 ✭✭
    Got my 737 13* 3 wood with the Vizard A 50 stiff shaft. This thing is unbelievably good, great sound - very much akin to the Callaway DET fairway woods and super forgiving. It has benched my M4 3 wood and has that nice low trajectory that I like but can't get off my 15* M4. Now the 50S shaft is surprisingly good, not whippy as I initially thought. You know for under $80 shipped, it was well worth the money. I also like the chrome on the sole, this should last better than the black soles in all my 3 woods. Ksouth is legit and I don't even want to go there with the 737 irons, since I want to keep my P790s image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,801 ✭✭
    ^You'd love the 737 Vs or P irons!
  • ratpackratpack Members Posts: 83
    I purchased as set of 737p from Ksouth9 and I am impressed with the clubs.

But I have a question for you who have bought a set of the 737 irons. Have you registered the clubs with Honma? I can’t see an easy way to do this. Also the serial number seems a little too simple. 2 letters plus a five digit number that starts 00_ _ _.

• SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,437 ✭✭
    Just received my next Honma from Ksouth - the 737 16c hybrid, can't wait to try it out....lets see if it can kick a 2 iron UDI out of my bag.

Head shape is very small, shaft feels good just doing air swings.

By the way, the Vizard 50S in my 13* Honma is pretty darn good, hit it really straight and the right trajectory. Never, ever would I figure a Vizard shaft to be so enjoyable. My M4 Kuro Kage is just sitting at home now.
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
124»