ACT/SAT Scores

kblakeney35 ·  
kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers  937WRX Points: 0Posts: 937
what have you guys gotten on your ACT's/SAT's?
Posted:

Comments

• Pinehurst1999Pinehurst1999 Members  2173WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,173
    Does that question belong here? Just wondering if you are wondering what type of score will get you into specific schools?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mroberts940mroberts940 Get out your brooms! Jr. Boomers  162WRX Points: 0Posts: 162
    NCNickentGuy wrote on May 11 2008, 03:50 PM:
    Does that question belong here? Just wondering if you are wondering what type of score will get you into specific schools?

Are you asking whether it belongs in the juniors forum? If so, I'd say it does. Either here or 19th hole, but I'd say its more of a junior specific question.

As for my score, I find out on May 22! I'll let you guys know when i find out. Keep your fingers crossed... image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:
    It really does not belong here, unless it is in reference to getting to specific colleges. Otherwise, please tell me what that question has to do with golf. Maybe I should post a new topic on this golf forum asking people their IQ.
    Posted:
  • gboldman23gboldman23 Jr. Boomers  1113WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,113
    31 on the act. with my writing i think it stays the same.

I'm retaking the act in june, shooting for a 32 or 33 and the sat subject tests in june as well.
    Posted:
  • jcrewjcrew Members  457WRX Points: 0Posts: 457
    I don't know what this has to do with golf? I would expect this more on collegeconfidential.com's forum

740cr, 780m, 800w

and I have yet to get my SAT II scores back for Math II and chem. I'm expecting about 780-800 and 740 respectively.
    Posted:
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers  937WRX Points: 0Posts: 937
    NCNickentGuy wrote on May 11 2008, 02:58 PM:
    It really does not belong here, unless it is in reference to getting to specific colleges. Otherwise, please tell me what that question has to do with golf. Maybe I should post a new topic on this golf forum asking people their IQ.

pm sent

edit: in addition, I do believe there is a 4 page thread about what car you drive, I think this thread is just fine
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mul1ganmul1gan Members  760WRX Points: 87Posts: 760 Golden Tee
    man am I getting old. those numbers mean nothing to me.

what happen to the good ole days with just math and verbal? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:
  • slpgolf08slpgolf08 Members  92WRX Points: 0Posts: 92
    Wow i feel dumb, i only got a 23 on the ACT.
    Posted:
    34 science, 32 math, 30 english, 27 reading for a 31 composite
    Posted:
  • mhinderakermhinderaker Members  80WRX Points: 0Posts: 80
    30 composite act with a 24 on math. durrr durrrrr.

2110 on SAT. 730 crit reading, 690 math, 690 english.
    Posted:
    kblakeney35 wrote on May 11 2008, 11:28 PM:

So obviously you just put this on here to brag...I agree with JCrew that this has NOTHING to do with golf in the slightest. If it was a thread on what kind of car you drive it could involve golf with keeping your clubs there as storage...or for how many bags you can fit in your car for a trip with the guys. Oh well...continue your bragging.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    dang some of you guys are pretty smart.

where are you looking to go kyle?
    Posted:
    NCNickentGuy wrote on May 12 2008, 08:02 AM:

So obviously you just put this on here to brag...I agree with JCrew that this has NOTHING to do with golf in the slightest. If it was a thread on what kind of car you drive it could involve golf with keeping your clubs there as storage...or for how many bags you can fit in your car for a trip with the guys. Oh well...continue your bragging.
    I don't understand why you're getting so incensed over this thread? I stated it for what is is; this thread doesn't have much to do with golf but I just posted my response and moved on with life. It didn't seem like he was trying to hard to brag? Care to participate in the thread?
    Posted:
    jcrew wrote on May 12 2008, 09:15 PM:

I don't understand why you're getting so incensed over this thread? I stated it for what is is; this thread doesn't have much to do with golf but I just posted my response and moved on with life. It didn't seem like he was trying to hard to brag? Care to participate in the thread?

My last reply was in respone to a PM that he sent me, I was just wondering what he was looking to find with his question, or was he trying to validate his own score by hearing others with lower scores. Either way, sorry for asking what he was shooting for with this thread. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
    Posted:
    NCNickentGuy wrote on May 12 2008, 09:24 PM:

My last reply was in respone to a PM that he sent me, I was just wondering what he was looking to find with his question, or was he trying to validate his own score by hearing others with lower scores. Either way, sorry for asking what he was shooting for with this thread. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />

No worries man, I just thought it would be interesting to see what people have gotten and maybe share some tips and tricks on how to score well. Please don't take me for some insecure kid, this just happens to be a very important topic for high schoolers that many can relate to.
    Posted:
    kblakeney35 wrote on May 12 2008, 10:38 PM:

No worries man, I just thought it would be interesting to see what people have gotten and maybe share some tips and tricks on how to score well. Please don't take me for some insecure kid, this just happens to be a very important topic for high schoolers that many can relate to.

Now that makes great sense to me and I hope you can find some tricks on here. Unfortunately I went to HS in NJ and the ACT was not really important in the northeast in the mid 90's. And like many other on here the SAT was out of 1600 when I took it 13-14 years ago. I heard they redesigned the test which probably needed to be done...good luck when you take it again.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • deRaiLeDdeRaiLeD "You miss 100% of putts that dont make it to the hole" Jr. Boomers  86WRX Points: 0Posts: 86
    NCNickentGuy wrote on May 12 2008, 10:00 PM:
    kblakeney35 wrote on May 12 2008, 10:38 PM:

Now that makes great sense to me and I hope you can find some tricks on here. Unfortunately I went to HS in NJ and the ACT was not really important in the northeast in the mid 90's. And like many other on here the SAT was out of 1600 when I took it 13-14 years ago. I heard they redesigned the test which probably needed to be done...good luck when you take it again.

Dont take this the wrong way or anything, but if you graduated highschool in the mid 90's why are you saying stuff about this in the junior golf section. If im not mistaken your probably close to around 31 years of age or so. For us juniors, nowadays SAT/ACT scores are everything, and if you are looking to play golf in college and are not getting an academic scholarship, these scores determine alot. This is actually a good thread even though I think some people might exagerate a little. Its good to see where you are amongst the crowd sometimes, especially in this case because these are the people you are going up against
    Posted:
  • littleprov1xlittleprov1x Members  1053WRX Points: 93Posts: 1,053 Platinum Tees
    Damnnnn, people get so heated up about nothing. If you don't like the topic, don't post, but please spare us all the bloviating.
    Posted:
  • chris87chris87 Members  171WRX Points: 0Posts: 171
    deRaiLeD wrote on May 12 2008, 10:35 PM:
    For us juniors, nowadays SAT/ACT scores are everything

from someone who went through college admissions 3 and a half years ago, I can tell you that this is not true at all. the number of high school kids who score above 2100 on the SAT is huge, as is the number of kids coming from high school with a 4.0 or higher. Assuming you have decent scores and GPA, which it sounds like most of you do, making an impact with extracurriculars is by far the best way to stand out and get into your school of choice. And however touchy the subject is, if you want the truth, being a minority will top pretty much any extracurriculars you can do.
    Posted:
    chris87 wrote on May 13 2008, 05:08 AM:
    deRaiLeD wrote on May 12 2008, 10:35 PM:
    For us juniors, nowadays SAT/ACT scores are everything

from someone who went through college admissions 3 and a half years ago, I can tell you that this is not true at all. the number of high school kids who score above 2100 on the SAT is huge, as is the number of kids coming from high school with a 4.0 or higher. Assuming you have decent scores and GPA, which it sounds like most of you do, making an impact with extracurriculars is by far the best way to stand out and get into your school of choice. And however touchy the subject is, if you want the truth, being a minority will top pretty much any extracurriculars you can do.

gpa matters a big deal but it matters what your grading scale is like, how difficult your school is, and your course selection. someone taking 7 aps and a lot of tough courses with a 4.0 is immeasurably better than someone taking easy classes and over 4.0. extracurriculars will take you nowhere if you do not have a solid gpa and perhaps to a lesser extent sat score. I know that going to uva, sat score (at least from my school) has very little to do with acceptance (I have seen all the people that applied to uva listed with gpa and sat from my school), however it matters much more at other schools. Extracurriculars are good but it is better to have a few focused ones that you seem to care about, like a common thing for helping children (eg. tutoring kids, babysitting, camp counselour, etc) vs. a ragtag bunch of many activities. Obviously I'm not a college admissions officer so I can't say for sure but I don't think minority status will supercede extracurriculars. Maybe so. Also, it depends on specifically which minority. Asians don't get any help but it helps if you're Native American, Hispanic, etc. I believe.
    Posted:
  • SV GolferSV Golfer Big hitter the Lama. Long. Members  182WRX Points: 55Handicap: +2Posts: 182 Fairways
    33 on the ACT image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />

SATs pending until May 22

I really do hate those things though
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • SupermanSuperman Members  205WRX Points: 0Posts: 205
    1790 as a freshman with a 540 image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> writing.

But in response to the person who said that its all about extracirriculars, i say nay. The number might be huge of the people who get 2100+, but you have to look at it as a percentage, not a number. Also, colleges can usually tell if you are voluntaring wayyyyy too much, so too many community service hours hurt your chances. Biggest thing many schools look at, as deduced from talking to Duke U professors and admissions officers, is number of APs taken compared to # offered. And SAT score. HS prestige also matter, being the #2 school in NC, local schools see our GPA in a different light then say a school in the middle of Charlotte ranked 300.
    Posted:
  • TVQgolfTVQgolf Members  87WRX Points: 0Posts: 87
    I got a 36 three times in a row, i just can;t seem to do any better. Why?
    Posted:
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members  303WRX Points: 0Posts: 303
    TVQgolf wrote on Jul 31 2008, 03:14 PM:

That's a rather amusing comment. I truly hope you aren't serious.
    Posted:
    TVQgolf wrote on Jul 31 2008, 02:14 PM:

Haha. funny stuff.
    Posted:
    TVQgolf wrote on Jul 31 2008, 03:14 PM:

take act prep classes man. 36 is pretty weak. you can definitely improve on that.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • phsgolfguyphsgolfguy Members  174WRX Points: 55Posts: 174 Fairways
    took the SAT once as a junior the first time they offered the new test with writing and the new scoring range. scored a 2260. didn't really feel i needed to take it again
    Posted:
  • clothierclothier Members  272WRX Points: 0Posts: 272
    I used to be a college admissions officer, and if you guys really want to know what matters now, and all the answers to the rest of your college questions, you need to check out this blog . It's by the dean of admissions at George Mason. Some of it is commercials for Mason, but there's also some really good info on there about what schools are looking now.
    Posted:
  • woodmontwoodmont Marietta, GA 92WRX Points: 50Posts: 92 Bunkers
    Well I am only a sophomore in high school but I took the DUKE TIP SAT test in middle school and scored a 2000 out of 2400.
    Posted:
    9.5deg Titleist 913 D3/Tour AD DI 7X
    15 Titleist 906f2/MR Diamana Blue 103x
    21deg Adams A12 Pro black/Matrix Ozik
    4-PWCallaway RazrX MB/KBS C taper Xstiff
    Vokey SM4 51, 56, 60/DG X100
    Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.