(NO BuySellTrade POSTS) (NO POLITICS!) PXG for Heros - special offering to military/active duty/reti

Comments

• jhesterjhester Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited Jun 7, 2018 #62
    Shipwreck wrote:

jhester wrote:

jhester wrote:

Originally ordered when the program first started. Now the prices are lower. Also when I originally ordered 0311t wedges were an option. Now they are gone.

****So I followed up with PXG. They would not match the new price online. Only option was to cancel my order. I was told that any new order would be flagged. Kinda disappointed***

Wow really?? That's complete BS in my opinion.

I submitted screenshots and everything. I couldn't believe it. I understood that they made a mistake having the 0311t wedges on the site at first. But to not match a price when my original order has not even shipped seems wrong. I was really looking forward to having this set.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • justincredible04justincredible04 Justincase1004 Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    That sucks. Maybe they did you a favor. I was mulling over these or P790s. Prob just gonna go with the P790s. Even tho I bought an M3 today lol
    *Update* PXG called today and made it right. So I’m happy about that.

• Go_TimeGo_Time _ Members Posts: 2,321 ✭✭
    edited Jun 7, 2018 #65
    Still dont think this is a good idea to be discussing out in the open. Seen far too many sweet deals go away because of things like this....I'm also VERY confident the do not like people disclosing the costs associated with their program.
    Cost of the program was released to the public. I removed the pics
    jhester wrote:

Cost of the program was released to the public. I removed the pics

Where was it released? Not saying it wasn't, just haven't seen it.
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,096 ✭✭
    I don't remember it being there before or anyone mentioning it - but I might have missed it.

But the program "For Heros" is not just for the military and veterans. It includes Police, Fire, and EMS first responders as well.

BZ Bob.
    Everything is 50 off retail according to the press release. Seems the prices may become cheaper according to PXG and it’s supply.

Other clubs will be available at a later date.
    jhester wrote:

Everything is 50 off retail according to the press release. Seems the prices may become cheaper according to PXG and it’s supply.

Other clubs will be available at a later date.

This one? https://www.pxg.com/en-us/about/news/pxg-for-heroes
    that's not a press release.
  • balladmballadm Augusta, GAMembers Posts: 684 ✭✭
    edited Jun 8, 2018 #74
    Well, to be honest I have never considered pxg before. In fact at my last fitting I requested to not hit them due to price. Funny. Now i want to try them
  • 3wood3wood Members Posts: 406 ✭✭
    So the milled wedges were available? Wow
  • bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Members Posts: 1,067 ✭✭
    edited Jun 8, 2018 #76
    jhester wrote:

jhester wrote:

Originally ordered when the program first started. Now the prices are lower. Also when I originally ordered 0311t wedges were an option. Now they are gone.

****So I followed up with PXG. They would not match the new price online. Only option was to cancel my order. I was told that any new order would be flagged. Kinda disappointed***

Glad they made it right but I’m confused. I get the irons were discounted but not at the current rate when you ordered but the 0311t wedges is where I’m confused. Did you purchase them at discount and they declined to sell them to you or they wouldn’t discount them more?

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
    G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
    G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • jgonz69jgonz69 Members Posts: 752 ✭✭
    These are great prices. I can sell my old sets and easily pay for the PXG’s. Thanks Bob.
    PING G400 Max Ping Tour 65
    PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
    PING G400 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
    PING i500 3, 5-U
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 58
    Cameron MilSpec 350g
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • casey_0507casey_0507 Members Posts: 1,629 ✭✭
    I have no clue how people can wait weeks for a club(s) to be delivered. They said 4 weeks and that seems like an eternity
    Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x
    Cobra F7 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra King Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
  • bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Members Posts: 1,067 ✭✭
    Anyone get any updates with their order?
    G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
    G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
    G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto

nope
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
  • tanker44tanker44 Mid-AtlanticMembers Posts: 280 ✭✭
    casey_0507 wrote:

nope

Friend of mine who ordered 4-PW Black 0311T's (not sure shafts) and black wedges on May 31st got notification his order shipped this past Wednesday June 13th. I ordered mine June 4th and haven't heard anything. I called them and they are shipping in about 12 business days from order.
    TM M2 - Fuji 53
    Epic Flash SZ 13.5* 
    Apex HY 20*
    Callaway Apex 2019 4/PW
    Titleist SM7 48/56/60
    TM Spider Tour 
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,938 ✭✭
    Any talk about gen 2 black finish? Do they hold up well? Or is the satin the way to go?
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
    tanker44 wrote:
    casey_0507 wrote:

nope

Friend of mine who ordered 4-PW Black 0311T's (not sure shafts) and black wedges on May 31st got notification his order shipped this past Wednesday June 13th. I ordered mine June 4th and haven't heard anything. I called them and they are shipping in about 12 business days from order.

Ordered 6/4, got ship confirmation today. Looks like they will be delivered Saturday.
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
    casey_0507 wrote:

tanker44 wrote:
    casey_0507 wrote:

Received my order on Monday. Swing weights were right where I ordered them.

Thanks,

Jason H.

nope

Ordered 6/4, got ship confirmation today. Looks like they will be delivered Saturday.
  • johngalt312johngalt312 Member ClubWRX Posts: 370 ClubWRX
    Have been playing tour issue P770s, JPX 900 Tours, and S55s. Never hit a PXG club. Worth ordering a set of 0311Ts or will I be disappointed based upon the aforementioned?
    G400 Max Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-P
    Glide 2.0 Wedges 52*, 58*
    Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
    Jani-King Towel
  • justincredible04justincredible04 Justincase1004 Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    Have been playing tour issue P770s, JPX 900 Tours, and S55s. Never hit a PXG club. Worth ordering a set of 0311Ts or will I be disappointed based upon the aforementioned?

Just go to a demo day. I was surprised they actually had one in my area
  • WindyCitySPNWindyCitySPN Members Posts: 945 ✭✭

I currently play the 770. I hit the 0311p at a demo day a few weeks ago and have been searching for a set of pxg since. I do not qualify for the discount so will probably end up purchasing a pre owned set. If you can hit a demo day that is probably your best route but if not I would order. Everyone has an opinion on if they are worth the money or not.
  • BigBodBigBod Operations Director, Diamond Golf International & Wishon Golf Littlehampton, UKMembers Posts: 62 ✭✭
    You do know how to look after your veterans that side of the pond. It is getting better here but we are a long way behind you. I have my veterans card but I feel embarrassed to ask for discounts, not worthy and all that. It's my wife who usually asks on my behalf...lol...

Just had 3 weeks in Florida and we (she) asked lots of times about discounts, gotta say I was well impressed with how I was treated as a UK Vet. We got discounts in shops, restaurants and theme parks.

Surprised how cynical some of you are towards PXG, I would take it for what it is and just say thank you if you can make use of it.
    Shradersr wrote:

I currently play the 770. I hit the 0311p at a demo day a few weeks ago and have been searching for a set of pxg since. I do not qualify for the discount so will probably end up purchasing a pre owned set. If you can hit a demo day that is probably your best route but if not I would order. Everyone has an opinion on if they are worth the money or not.

What were your thoughts between the 770 and 0311p? Obviously you liked the 0311p or wouldn't be looking for a set. I ordered some 0311p but the 770 are the other set that intrigues me. Have never hit either.
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
  • AC in TXAC in TX Members Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Do hope the deal continues and includes Gen 2 in the future ... 0311 SGI would replace my Ping G’s nicely!
    The Ping Hoofer 14 bag:
    Ping G-400 Max Tour 65
    Ping G-400 5W Alta CB 65
    Ping G-400 3H Alta CB 70
    Ping G-700 5 to UW Alta CB
    Ping Glide 2.0 54 Alta CB
    Ping Glide 2.0 SS Wedge
    Scotty Circa 62 no. 6 @ 33"
    And maybe room for one more?
  • WindyCitySPNWindyCitySPN Members Posts: 945 ✭✭
    casey_0507 wrote:
    Shradersr wrote:

What were your thoughts between the 770 and 0311p? Obviously you liked the 0311p or wouldn't be looking for a set. I ordered some 0311p but the 770 are the other set that intrigues me. Have never hit either.

I really like my 770s, they are excellent clubs. The pxg side by side were more forgiving and I liked the ball flight better. Any specific questions feel free to DM me.