Sensicore vs Prosoft inserts

ccorradaccorrada Double CMembers Posts: 1,422 ✭✭
Hello friends,

I've been using Sensicore inserts for a while and it doesn't look like they are available anymore. Can anyone compare prosoft?

Thanks!
Titleist 917 D3 w/Diamana S+ 60S
Cally DET 15* w/Motore F3 80X
Titleist 816 H1 18* w/Diamana D+ 90X
Cally X-Forged 4-PW w/RIP Tour 115
Ping Glide Stealth 50-54-58 w/S400
Taylormade Ardmore CS

Comments

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 22,870 ✭✭
    Haven't done a comparison myself (I've only had experience with the Prosoft) - but I do remember reading an article that compared several of the shock absorption inserts - including Sensicore, Prosoft, Ping's cushion, even DIY hardware store foam, wooden dowels, (and maybe a few others I don't remember). It wasn't a very scientific approach and of course it was only the opinion of the few who participated in the testing, but the Prosofts had higher ratings compared to all the others. So if the Sensicores worked for you, then I wouldn't hesitate to try the Prosofts.
  • Albatross85Albatross85 Tiger is the GOAT St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    Can't compare, but i use prosofts in every iron/wedge. They work for me and are dirt cheap. Invest in the tool to install them. Around $20 if i recall correctly.
    Titleist TS3 8.5* ............................Tensei Pro White 70TX proto 44.5" D5
    Titleist TS2 15.75* .......................Tensei Pro White 80TX proto 42.5" D4
    Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi #2 17.5* Handcrafted HZRDUS 105 6.5 39.75" D2
    Titleist 712U 4 iron ....................C-taper S+ 125 D2
    Wilson FG Tour V6 5-P .............PX LZ 6.5 +3/8" D3.5 off 46* PW
    SM6 50.12F ...................................PX LZ 6.5 + 3/8"" D5
    Mizuno T7 55.09 .........................PX LZ 6.5 35.5" D6
    Mizuno T7 60.10 .........................Tour Issue Onyx S400 35.5" D6
    Odyssey Tour Only Jailbird Mini Versa BWB Plumbers Neck WHP insert
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,185 ✭✭
    edited Jun 4, 2018 #4
    Prosofts do work. I've been using them for a few years now and love them.

I can't directly compare them to Sensicore though since that would require a side by side test using the same base iron shaft.

Sensicore weighs about 4 grams and a Prosoft 1.4 grams. When True Temper designed their Sensicore version shafts (some of them anyway), Dynamic Gold for example, they thinned out the steel section to offset the added weight and because of that they feel softer.

Sorry for the diversionary response. I'd go Prosoft and get on with life. If you need more damping than these go graphite. Or install Prosofts inside graphite (that's what I did).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & Srizon U85 3U
    Ping G25, G410, or i200 irons (depending on mood)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges 
    Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"
  • OLD_BONESOLD_BONES PingMan Chico, CAClubWRX Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    I use Prosoft inserts and really like them. I have always had graphite shafts and when I went to steel I couldn't tell the difference on off center ball strikes. Buy the tool and watch the YouTube video.
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,844 ClubWRX
    I’ve used the Prosoft in the past and have been thinking about ordering more. I really liked them and I still have the insertion tool.
    PING G400 LS 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist T-MB 3 Iron - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour Spec
    Srixon 785 4-P - Nippon Pro Modus 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • ccorradaccorrada Double C Members Posts: 1,422 ✭✭
    I ordered some, going to be coming to see you soon with a few projects!
    Titleist 917 D3 w/Diamana S+ 60S
    Cally DET 15* w/Motore F3 80X
    Titleist 816 H1 18* w/Diamana D+ 90X
    Cally X-Forged 4-PW w/RIP Tour 115
    Ping Glide Stealth 50-54-58 w/S400
    Taylormade Ardmore CS
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,843 ✭✭
    I used pro soft inserts in all my irons. They really do reduce the vibration and pretty much eliminated any tendonitis issues I once had.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • CwebbCwebb Members Posts: 5,847 ClubWRX
    Prosofts are a no brainer in all steel shafts. They weigh about 1g and really do reduce vibration