Bushnell Pro X2 vs Leupold GX-5i3

onafridayonafriday Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
I’m in the market and keep coming back to these two. Both check all the boxes.

Any one willing to steer me one way or the other?

Thx!
TaylorMade M5 9* Diamana W 60x
Cobra King F9 Tour 14.5* Tensei CK Pro Blue 60tx
Titleist 818H1 19*, 818H2 23* Tour Spec 8.8x
Srixon z585 (5-P) Modus3 120x
Vokey SM7 (raw) 48F, 54S, 58M Modus3 120x
Bettinardi BBO DASS Proto RJBB716

Comments

• drmlumdrmlum Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    B

I've had my Leupold for 5 years with no problems...quailty company
  • lightthecandlelightthecandle Members Posts: 4
    Love the ProX2, but its my only experience with a laser rangefinder. I don't think you could go wrong with either though.
    WITB:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist[/font] 913 D3 9.5 C1 Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 76g
    TaylorMade M1 15 Mitsubishi KURO KAGE Silver FW 70g S
    Cobra King F6 16 Graphite Design Tour AD HY-95s
    Titleist 712 CB(3-6)/MB(7-PW) Forged True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (On the way from PGATSS to replace Below)
    TaylorMade Tour Preferred '14 CB 3-PW True Temper Dynalite Gold SL R300 (3) KBS Tour R (4-PW) (Soon to be replaced by^^^^)
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52-08 F Grind True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge (S200)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 60-04 L Grind True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge (S200)
    Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2 SuperStroke Fatso 5.0

Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag Red

Titleist ProV1/Titleist ProV1x/TaylorMade TP5/TaylorMade TP5x/Kirkland Signature
  • onafridayonafriday Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    edited Jun 6, 2018 #4
    drmlum wrote:

B

I've had my Leupold for 5 years with no problems...quailty company

Nice. I was handling Jon’s on Saturday and was really good!
    TaylorMade M5 9* Diamana W 60x
    Cobra King F9 Tour 14.5* Tensei CK Pro Blue 60tx
    Titleist 818H1 19*, 818H2 23* Tour Spec 8.8x
    Srixon z585 (5-P) Modus3 120x
    Vokey SM7 (raw) 48F, 54S, 58M Modus3 120x
    Bettinardi BBO DASS Proto RJBB716
  • mjbfybmjbfyb Members Posts: 264 ✭✭
    edited Jun 7, 2018 #5
    There are many stories on here of Leupold customer service going above and beyond. Some have had defective rangefinders that are outside of the warranty replaced with the latest model. Most of the Bushnell customer service stories are exactly the opposite.
  • Flames20Flames20 Members Posts: 373 ✭✭
    Bushnell customer service is terrible. Will never buy another one.
    9*GBB 2016, GD tour AD-MT6s
    16* Callaway 816 Ust Mamiya international series tour spx 7s
    19* TEE CB Pro U Ust Mamiya international series tour spx 85s
    4,5 iron Mizuno MP-18 FliHi Modus 3 tour 120s
    6-pw Mizuno MP-18sc Modus tour 120s
    52* Vokey SM6 F grind bent to 51
    56* Callaway MD2 Tour grind bent to 55
    60*-Callaway PM Grind
    Sizemore xb-1 mid slant tour proto
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭
    another happy Leupold fan. Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever changed the battery in this thing it's bullet proof.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • timbo08timbo08 Members Posts: 2,077 ✭✭
    mjbfyb wrote:

There are many stories on here of Leupold customer service going above and beyond. Some have had defective rangefinders that are outside of the warranty replaced with the latest model. Most of the Bushnell customer service stories are exactly the opposite.

Just an FYI this policy has changed per Leupold. I tried a few different customer service reps and got the same story. Basically you get the option to buy a new unit at 60% of MSRP if you are out of warranty. Still a great deal for sure but just figured I'd give folks the heads up that they aren't just replacing everything now with new units regardless of warranty.
  • OffTheDoleOffTheDole Florida golfer Members Posts: 343 ✭✭
    timbo08 wrote:

Just an FYI this policy has changed per Leupold. I tried a few different customer service reps and got the same story. Basically you get the option to buy a new unit at 60% of MSRP if you are out of warranty. Still a great deal for sure but just figured I'd give folks the heads up that they aren't just replacing everything now with new units regardless of warranty.

I just found out about that policy when my GX-4i2 started going dark. I probably used it for less than 200 rounds in 5 years. That's not a good look for a $500 rangefinder.

Now the question is whether I buy the Bushnell X2 or ship the Leupold back and take the 60% "deal".
  • rkrechrkrech Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    OffTheDole wrote:

timbo08 wrote:

I just found out about that policy when my GX-4i2 started going dark. I probably used it for less than 200 rounds in 5 years. That's not a good look for a $500 rangefinder.

Now the question is whether I buy the Bushnell X2 or ship the Leupold back and take the 60% "deal".

I’m in the same situation. LED displays started slowly fading away. Less than 200 rounds in it and I always baby it.

60% off is a pretty good deal. But I’m tempted to go with a Bushnell. Most of my buddies have them. They all use and abuse theirs without issue.

The days of lifetime warranty are gone for Leupold electronics.
    I ended up buying the Bushnell X2 Pro and I like it a lot better than the Leupold.
  • rkrechrkrech Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    OffTheDole wrote:

I ended up buying the Bushnell X2 Pro and I like it a lot better than the Leupold.

I’m leaning that way too. I’ve noticed when I play with friends they struggle to use the Leupold as easily as Bushnell.

I think the new Leupold still uses the same red LED display. I don’t want it to burn out again.
    rkrech wrote:

I'm leaning that way too. I've noticed when I play with friends they struggle to use the Leupold as easily as Bushnell.

I think the new Leupold still uses the same red LED display. I don't want it to burn out again.

I don't have a lot of faith in Leupold for that very reason. I'm on the fence about even sending in my failing rangefinder because then I'd end up spending another $250 on top of the $430 I paid for the Bushnell.
  • addageaddage Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Any recent reviews of these two? The LED in my GX-3 is closing in on all sides, cutting off the text and battery indicator, so I’m getting close to needing a replacement. Thanks.
  • taguilartaguilar Members Posts: 19
    Just got a X2 and can’t wait to get out and use it!
  • addageaddage Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Why did you pick the X2?
  • fawleyfawley Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    I’ve had the Bushnell X2, Bushenll v3 and Leupold GX 4i2. The V3 and GX 4i2 are gone - the X2 is significantly better in every way than both of them. It’s far and away the fastest to lock on to a target, optics are great, switchable LED display is excellent for changing light conditions, it feels better built than the other two, etc etc.

Buy the X2. You won’t regret it.
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,349 ✭✭
    intersting the came up, keep looking on eBay but there never seems a deal for the X2.
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
    I was going to get the V4 Shift, precision pro, or X2. I had a coupon at golf galaxy and some rewards money which brought the price down a lot. I just love the fact that it’s waterproof and well built.
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    Dicks had an email deal this weekend and everything was 20% off, so I grabbed a new V4. Everything being 20 off with NO exclusions from what I could find, is amazing and even better than the bay right now...Even Icon Blacks were 20% off
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,443 ✭✭
    fawley wrote:

I've had the Bushnell X2, Bushenll v3 and Leupold GX 4i2. The V3 and GX 4i2 are gone - the X2 is significantly better in every way than both of them. It's far and away the fastest to lock on to a target, optics are great, switchable LED display is excellent for changing light conditions, it feels better built than the other two, etc etc.

Buy the X2. You won't regret it.

agree +1 the X2 is very fast, has red/black reading displays and so well built - feels so good in the hands and very compact.
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
    Used my X2 and it is my first range finder I have owned. I don’t know how I survived without it all these years! It is so fast and accurate.
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,443 ✭✭
    taguilar wrote:

Used my X2 and it is my first range finder I have owned. I don't know how I survived without it all these years! It is so fast and accurate.

It's my second and that was a Bushnell Medalist which is still functioning since I got it about 2007 (it's in the backup/range back). After so many rounds, I have total confidence in the X2 - super fast, super easy to use and super easy to lock onto the flag. The slope is magic, luv I don't have to figure out the true yardage up or down the hill and it really helped me on some holes where the course is up and down, up and down the hills. Exceptional rage finder, well worth the price and mine was shop owned and mint & saved a ton of money.
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • PingKingPingKing Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Here’s a dumb question. For the X2, should the display and what I’m targeting be focused or is it one or the other? I don’t have this issue with my Leupold and precision pro range finders. Everything is focused. For the X2, if the display is focused then what I’m targeting is out of focus. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a defective unit?
  • pholwaypholway Members Posts: 441
    Bushnell and Luepold are both exactly the same in terms of accuracy. And with the exception of a few people , they last the same amount of time. I went leupold for customer service the size.
    TM M4 Oban Devotion 6 04
    Titleist TS2 13.5* Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Callaway Epic 5W set to 17* Project X Hzrdus Yellow (Handcrafted) or Ping G15 17* Aldila Serrano 75R (yep, Regular Flex Serrano)
    Titleist 915 HD 21.5* GD AD DI Hybrid 75s
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-AW KBS C-Taper Lite S
    Vokey SM6 KBS C-Taper R
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
  • orion1123orion1123 Members Posts: 109 ✭✭
    From my experience, Leupold has better customer service and are more willing to fix issues or replace your rangefinder if needed
  • AchampAchamp Members Posts: 9
    My

Leupold GX 3 led started failing after 7/8 years. 500-600 rounds . Still very accurate. Sent it to Leupold and was offered the 60 percent off.

Ordered the GX5i in December, they were waiting to receive a new shipment. The unit arrived this week, looks and feels incredible.

Well worth the investment!
  • bradleyguyebradleyguye Lefty Boomers Posts: 866 ✭✭
    With the $100 price drop is the Leupold worth $100 more?