Paintfill bottle maintenance

ebbowronebbowron Posts: 403 ✭✭
I recently got a few 2oz. paintfill bottles with needle tips. Can I just pour my desired paints into the bottles and leave them in it? After use, should I just unscrew the top, and clean thoroughly with paint thinner? Just want to know the basics, as I don't have much knowledge on this.

Thanks in advance for the advice?

Comments

• ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy SoDakClubWRX Posts: 1,436 ClubWRX
    In to follow along, last time I just dumped paint in and it didn't work out. I never cleaned out the needle but did put the cover back on.

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • PoolpartyPoolparty Members Posts: 170
    Also in to follow along, but I'm not going to leave paint in them. If it's not sealed it will eventually dry out. Without advice I was planing to rinse them out with hot water.
    Stiff
  • ebbowronebbowron Posts: 403 ✭✭
    Im sure someone has some expertise on this. I would think that pouring the paint in the bottle, using, and putting paint back in the original bottle, would be counterintuitive. I would think the paint, if sealed properly, since it is oil based, not water based, would remain good in the paintfill bottle. I would also think just currently cleaning the top and the needle at the end of each use, with mineral spirits or paint thinner, would also suffice to keep the applicant needle clean. Still, Id like to hear from those that do paintfill with one of these types of bottles.
  • PoolpartyPoolparty Members Posts: 170
    ebbowron wrote:

Im sure someone has some expertise on this. I would think that pouring the paint in the bottle, using, and putting paint back in the original bottle, would be counterintuitive. I would think the paint, if sealed properly, since it is oil based, not water based, would remain good in the paintfill bottle. I would also think just currently cleaning the top and the needle at the end of each use, with mineral spirits or paint thinner, would also suffice to keep the applicant needle clean. Still, Id like to hear from those that do paintfill with one of these types of bottles.

I don't know how well it's gonna seal. It's not the highest quality product I have, but I don't plan on using all the time so I'll clean it every time.

BTW what are you planning to use for paint?
    Stiff
  • PERFECTPINGSPERFECTPINGS Members Posts: 349 ✭✭
    I've been customizing golf equipment for years and I've found that putting the paint back in the original bottle is best for preservation,I then fill the paintfill bottle half way with acetone and shake the bottle well then flush the needle with the acetone into a old towel or into a different bottle, the next time you use it it should be good to go,if the needle is clogged just put it in a bottle filled with acetone and let if sit for a day or so or use a aircompressor to push the paint out of the needle, the quicker you do this the better , you do not want paint drying inside the needle.