Bobby Bowers Junior golf tournament

Golfingdawg19 ·  
Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  461WRX Points: 176Posts: 461 Greens
A buddy of mine told me about this tournament today and it is supposed to be a good one for juniors. The kids qualify on the first day to get into match play. That is a unique format for the younger juniors so I was just curious if anybody had any knowledge on this tournament.

https://www.bobbybowers.org
Posted:

Comments

• NolesNoles Members  1609WRX Points: 228Posts: 1,609 Platinum Tees
    Never heard of it but it seems like a cool tournament.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  461WRX Points: 176Posts: 461 Greens
    It does so that is why I was curious if anybody had any knowledge of it.
    Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1731WRX Points: 1,048Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,731 Platinum Tees

It does so that is why I was curious if anybody had any knowledge of it.

No knowledge of it either but I did pass the format and info to our local tour director and he's going to look into doing something like this on our side of the country.
    Posted:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• TripleBogeysrbetterTripleBogeysrbetter Members  303WRX Points: 212Handicap: 21Posts: 303 Greens

Son in the 13-15 division in summer of 2018. Played a practice round with the champion of that division. It was an eye opening experience for him.

Didnt do it last year, but he wants to do it again this summer. Its not JGS, but there is so many quality kids. Better bring your game day 1 or its an early exit.

Posted:
    Cobra F8+ - Fujikura Regular
    Taylormade M1 5 Wood - Kuro Kage Regular
    Cobra Tour Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 90 R
    Fourteen 52 (Bent to 50) - Nippon R
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Vokey SM7 60 - Dynamic Gold
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX
  • GolfCstyGolfCsty Members  33WRX Points: 31Posts: 33 Bunkers

I'm sure OP is well moved on from this thread but boy it takes me back. I played in this tournament back in my junior days. Never won but took home a trophy for medalist in the qualifying round one year. That's a memory that brings a smile to my face! Hopefully I can carry this nostalgia to my next round.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.