Ladies ball that spins

Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,241 ✭✭
edited Jun 8, 2018 in Golf Balls #1
My wife thought I was cheating when I was spinning the Project A's on the green. She tried it and found the ball too firm. Is there a ladies ball with green side action or is the closest thing Duo U or Volvik Vibe?

Comments

• ShortGameJunkieShortGameJunkie Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    edited Jun 8, 2018 #2
    I’d recommend the tour B RXS or better yet see if you can find last years B330RXS, it’ll be cheaper with the same performance. Pretty sure they are about 65 compression vs 70-80 some depending what version of the project a your referring to. These will prob be the highest spinning soft ball you’ll find other than the original chrome soft or the q star tour. I don’t think the duo spins quite as much but some others seem to think so. The vibe won’t offer greenside spin
    Driver: 2016 M2 10.5* Fukijura pro 60 S

3wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 15* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S

3 hybrid: Ping G 19* Alta 70 S

4i: Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal C-Taper Lite S

5-GW: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged C-Taper Lite S

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 54* & 60*

Putter: 2018 Newport 34”
  • wfwpwfwp ClubWRX Posts: 470 ClubWRX
    Srixon Q Star Tour
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,241 ✭✭

I'd recommend the tour B RXS or better yet see if you can find last years B330RXS, it'll be cheaper with the same performance. Pretty sure they are about 65 compression vs 70-80 some depending what version of the project a your referring to. These will prob be the highest spinning soft ball you'll find other than the original chrome soft or the q star tour. I don't think the duo spins quite as much but some others seem to think so. The vibe won't offer greenside spin

I'd recommend the tour B RXS or better yet see if you can find last years B330RXS, it'll be cheaper with the same performance. Pretty sure they are about 65 compression vs 70-80 some depending what version of the project a your referring to. These will prob be the highest spinning soft ball you'll find other than the original chrome soft or the q star tour. I don't think the duo spins quite as much but some others seem to think so. The vibe won't offer greenside spin

Good ideas, thx. Agreed, the Duo U doesn't spin much and the Vibe doesn't seem to spin at all. Kind of surprising since it is a urethane ball.
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    QST or RXS. QST are on sale at most places right now. They are 50% off here.
    All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw, gw Nippon 105R
    S18 54, 60
    Spider X putter
    TP5(2018)

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,548 ✭✭
    My wife plays bridgestone ladies and taylormade KALEA balls and has no issues. She hates multi layer balls off the tee and fairway due to them feeling hard off the club face with slower swings.

She has adapted her game to spin balls that dont traditionally spin, opening the club face, etc. I suggest your wife learns this as well if she wants to keep playing 2-piece or ladies balls with good feel - something has to give.
    Long Live Nike
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,633 ✭✭
    Snell MTB Red is supposed to be spinny ball but with hard feel.

For 2 piece ball, try ladies Pinnacle Soft. @ DSG, it is dirt cheap.
    WWG1 WGA