Golf Resorts - Palm Springs

2»

Comments

• mikedejongmikedejong Members Posts: 627 ✭✭
    The best courses to me in Palm Springs are: both at Indian Wells (far and away my favorite), Desert Willow Firecliff (I don't care for Mountainview), and PGA West (Stadium, Nicklaus are awesome and Norman is ok too). I didn't love the other resort courses (La Quinta Resort, Marriott, etc.). The best hotel experiences, I can't really speak to as we always stay at a house on Indian Wells. They are all so close together too, so you can probably play a variety.
    Ping G400 Driver
    Ping G400 3 Wood
    Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
    Ping I200 4-9 Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
    Scotty Cameron GOLO
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭
    djhgolf wrote:

Was maybe looking to stay now at JW as it looks like the best accommodation with courses on site..

What are the practice facilities like? Probably look at uber to get to Desert willlow and Indian Wells..

Practice facility is wonderful at JW:
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • djhgolfdjhgolf Members Posts: 744 ✭✭
    sbjinx wrote:

JW is the best by far. The lobby and pool scene is top notch. The golf course is ok but desert willow is across the street and that is one of the top courses out there. The practice facility at the JW is ok. Grass range and free balls (included in the resort fee).

I was there last weekend and stayed & played Rancho Las Palmas. DO NOT PLAY THERE (see below lol)

Thanks for the feedback and pics! Not the best condition... Wow!
    Testing!
    PXG Gen2 0341X 15 - Tensei Pro White 70TX
    TM TOUR M3 18 - MC Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 - GD Tour AD DI 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 4 -DG TI 120 X100
    PXG 0311T Gen2 - 5-9 - DG TI 120 X100
    PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy" 46 - DG TI 120 X100
    PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy" 50 - DG TI S400
    TM Hi-Toe 56 - DG TI S400 Onyx
    TM Hi-Toe 60 - DG TI S400 Onyx
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat Mini DB 35"
    GFore Snow S/Bag
  • loudizzzleloudizzzle Members Posts: 137 ✭✭
    I have a Condo at Rancho, I think last summer they closed the course down for most of the summer. When Im out there in Nov and March the course seems like its in good condition. I usually just grab my cart and bounce around the different holes at night. I will say Desert Willow is my go to for playing. I also enjoy Classic Club as well .
  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiMembers Posts: 828 ✭✭
    edited Jun 20, 2018 #36
    Everything will be cheap that time of year. Stay somewhere nice with a nice pool for between round enjoyment. You will be able to Uber all over. Play super early, go back to your place and relax then play again at about 4. You’ll be able to finish your late rounds no problem as everybody in that area is hiding from the sun at that point.

Classic Club is a must.

Should also do PGA West (stadium coursenis the obvious choice)

I was also a big fan of Silver Rock

Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • rochestergolfer36rochestergolfer36 Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Classic club is great course. Played 4-5 day spring break trips there a few times