Newbie Rangefinder Question

robp11robp11 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
I don't see very well without my glasses, but I can't play with them on (progressive lenses). So, if I get a rangefinder, will I have to put my glasses back on to get a distance with the rangefinder?

Thanks!

Comments

• SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,380 ClubWRX
    edited Jun 8, 2018 #2
    No. Most good range finders have an adjustable diopter so you can read the numbers. Unless your eyes are really bad you should have no problem.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    Ping Forged 52°

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,815 ClubWRX
    Diopter adjustment on Bushnell Tour V4

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", KBS CT Tour Putter Matte Black, SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,079 ✭✭
    You'll be able to read them without glasses.

You can also very easily operate the rangefinder with glasses on, no problem. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I play with glasses more often than wearing contacts, and I never take them off to get distances.
  • robp11robp11 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses!
  • larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 594 ✭✭
    As a side note, I talked to my eye dr about lenses for golf and he worked with me for a set of contacts that gets my distance vision equal in both eyes. As a note I’m far sighted in 1 eye and near in the other one. The new contacts have improved things on the course for me greatly. Especially reading greens.
    TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-gw
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
  • Duke of HazardsDuke of Hazards Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    So I am moderately near sighted. Can't see details at distance. I wear glasses during play and don't take them off and also use a Leupold GX-4i2. I tested using my rangefinder with glasses on and with glasses off and found no difference.

I think because the lens (of the rangefinder) is so close to your eye, that it assists with magnification, similar to my eyeglasses.

Long story short, you'll be able to use the rangefinder just fine with or without your glasses on.