2015 Low 2.6
2016 Low 2.1
2017 Target 1.4
2018 Target 0.4
2019 Target +15
Current 0.2

Comments

• ItsjustagameItsjustagame Members Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    Be careful- other people will want to use it.
    GBB Epic 10.5 Project X HZRDUS T800 55
    GBB Epic 5 wood
    XR 3/4/5 Hybrid
    Steelhead XR Pro 6-GW - Mamiya Recoil 95/110
    Mack Daddy 2 50,54,58
    Taylor Made 2 Ball Fang Slant
  • glkglk send it in jerome Members Posts: 3,392 ✭✭
    Orange whip can be good for sequence and path. It can work against low point control and face to path. And it is a nice warm up club.

My advice would be to not overdo swinging it without hitting balls and alternate swingintg it and hitting balls.
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    General comment from experience. If you have early extension this can make it worse because it will only further develop the "wrong" muscle actions..

For those with EI....I suggest focusing on rotation generated by the lower body....ground-up practice swings. Swing the whip like you're stuck in a barrel from the waist down. Make sure the left shoulder is not tilting up on the start of the down swing, but rotating left...then up.
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,199 ✭✭
    Not trying to thread jack, but for EI is holding the back swing, at transition point, and practicing clearing the hips and lower body only an effective motion to train better lower body engagement? I am and have always been pretty closed with lower body, an arm swinger that has gotten fairly decent despite the flaw.
    '16 M2 10.5*, Diamana Ltd. 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana Ltd. 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)
  • raholland71raholland71 Full cords, No gloves, Can't lose! Members Posts: 426 ✭✭
    I whipped mine into the TV in my living room last weekend
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5*
    Titleist TS3 15*
    Titleist 818 H2 19*
    Miura CB57 4-6
    Miura MB001 7-PW
    Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
    Vokey V Grind 56*
    Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T
  • dg_1983dg_1983 Members Posts: 1,284 ✭✭
    Thanks guys!

A point about focusing on driving it with body rotation. I think that's important and will be my focus, it feels like one could get very armsy with it
    2014 Low 2.9
    2015 Low 2.6
    2016 Low 2.1
    2017 Target 1.4
    2018 Target 0.4
    2019 Target +15
    Current 0.2
  • Cinnamon KidCinnamon Kid Members Posts: 31
    No great advice here, confusing aid to me. I feel it could help a complete beginner to understand the swing better, how the club should kind of feel and creating lag. It's hard explaining how a club should whip around to beginners. Helps your path out. Other than that, mine has become a stretching and warm up tool. Sometimes I even think it may hinder me - it can especially mess up your tempo, slow it down. Maybe I don't fully understand it, it's useful for me in ways, but I try to use it as a tool thats just better than swinging two clubs at the same time. For me, essentially a weighted club that helps my swing path, good for warm up or home fiddling. Not great for modeling actual swing and tempo after.
  • Cinnamon KidCinnamon Kid Members Posts: 31
    Before experts step in, I'll add. Also only great for the right elbow tucked keeping club inside type swing. If you take the club more outside on the backswing and then drop it into the slot at the top, this thing hates that. Just something to test and keep in mind.
  • DbogeyDbogey Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    love the orange whip.....swing it everyday. I use it as a warm up and if I get to the course and don't have time to run to the range.

Jim Hardy has some good youtube videos on using the orange whip

saw these yesterday:

Ping G400 Tour S
    Ping G400 14.5
    Ping G 19*
    Ping G 22*
    Ping I200 5-P (PXLZ 5.5)
    Power spec
    Vokey 50,54,58

Odyssey 3T P2 GP Tour Snsr Stright
  • Petunia SprinklePetunia Sprinkle Future King of France Unregistered Posts: 5,362 ✭✭
    I thought the instructions were pretty clear - “to whip it, whip it good.”
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    A.Princey wrote:

Not trying to thread jack, but for EI is holding the back swing, at transition point, and practicing clearing the hips and lower body only an effective motion to train better lower body engagement? I am and have always been pretty closed with lower body, an arm swinger that has gotten fairly decent despite the flaw.

The whip can help get rid of EI so I don't think you're jacking the thread. The idea...at least for me...is to rotate the hips all the way through the swing with the whip...not stop at the ball which is what happens with EI. The weight of the ball will feel like it's exiting lower and left vs. down the line release.
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    I whipped mine into the TV in my living room last weekend

Lol! Was Devo on?
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Members Posts: 1,729 ✭✭
    Great training aid for creating a smooth transition

I also use mine as a warm up club
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    Bought one recently because my tempo and rhythm have gone to crap. I grew up watching Freddy and Payne Stewart. I always had a slow, rhythmical swing. The last year or so I've gotten really technical and my tempo has suffered big time. I got into the vicious cycle of trying technical solutions for problems caused by bad tempo and a quick transition.

This aid really makes me slow down. It also seems to accentuate some release corrections I've been stuck on. With the ow I feel the hands and wrist start to release at the start of the transition. On camera my slight ott move has nearly gone away just from a better transition tempo and more wrist release from the top - note, I am not talking about casting.

Interestingly, I went back to old lesson notes from when I was a +2. That instructor had a note in a couple of lessons to "release the angles sooner". I guess I've always held the angles into impact too much. Probably one of the reasons I struggle with an open clubface.

So anyway, this ow thing may just be what the dr ordered.
  • GotbladesGotblades Clubmaker United StatesPosts: 1,220 ✭✭
    Just buy a grass whip. Some say it's the best training tool.
  • eagle1997eagle1997 Members Posts: 18,065 ✭✭

I thought the instructions were pretty clear - “to whip it, whip it good.”

Came here to make this comment.

#greatminds
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
  • Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett Members Posts: 3,460 ✭✭
    Dbogey wrote:

love the orange whip.....swing it everyday. I use it as a warm up and if I get to the course and don't have time to run to the range.

Jim Hardy has some good youtube videos on using the orange whip

saw these yesterday:

https://www.instagra...k9M9gOIt/?hl=en

https://www.instagra...trackmanmaestro
    "where did it go? nuked? love it."
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
    PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
    PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
    PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
    PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
    PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
    PING: Hoofer Bag
    TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

WITB photos: [/font]
    http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/
  • FireballerFireballer Members Posts: 398 ✭✭
    I dont own one, but picked one up and swung it in Dicks a couple years ago. After about 3 swings, I really knew what "gathering at the top" was. My swing was way different from that day forward.
  • dg_1983dg_1983 Members Posts: 1,284 ✭✭
    I really knew what "gathering at the top" was

^ I would agree with that - also highlights well when the transition gets out of whack.

I really have to make an effort to engage the body and not get carried about with an arms slash!
    2014 Low 2.9
    2015 Low 2.6
    2016 Low 2.1
    2017 Target 1.4
    2018 Target 0.4
    2019 Target +15
    Current 0.2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file