Bushnell tour x stopped working?

Flames20Flames20 Members Posts: 373 ✭✭
My tour x just randomly stopped working yesterday. Worked half the round the out of the blue it flat out stopped working. (Not the battery)

Has anyone else had this happen? If so what did you do. I can send it into repair department, but this costs$ just to ship and have shipped back. No idea of repair cost. Not too happy with this situation right now as I’m out a rangefinder for what I assume will be minimum a month. It’s not like they are cheap to replace.
9*GBB 2016, GD tour AD-MT6s
16* Callaway 816 Ust Mamiya international series tour spx 7s
19* TEE CB Pro U Ust Mamiya international series tour spx 85s
4,5 iron Mizuno MP-18 FliHi Modus 3 tour 120s
6-pw Mizuno MP-18sc Modus tour 120s
52* Vokey SM6 F grind bent to 51
56* Callaway MD2 Tour grind bent to 55
60*-Callaway PM Grind
Sizemore xb-1 mid slant tour proto

Comments

• grochol17grochol17 Members Posts: 1,284 ✭✭
    I hate to ask the dumb question, but did you try a brand new battery (or even more than one just in case you got a bad battery)? The reason I ask is because the first time the battery went dead in my bushnell it gave no indication the battery was low, it just worked one hole and on the next it wouldn't even try and turn on. At first I assumed the rangefinder broke, but I talked to my buddy and he said he does that when the battery dies.
    Ping G400 LST, 8.5*, HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.0
    Titleist 915 F, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno MP H5, 1&3 iron, C Taper Lite X
    Mizuno MP 25, 4&5 iron, DG X100 SSx1
    Mizuno MP 5, 6-PW, DG X100 SSx1
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled CC, 53* & 58* (DG S300)
    Piretti Potenza II Rev 2.0, 375g, 34"
    Srixon Z Star / Z Star XV 5
  • Flames20Flames20 Members Posts: 373 ✭✭
    Tried a brand new battery and also the battery from my friends rangefinder so I was 100% sure it wasn’t the battery.
    9*GBB 2016, GD tour AD-MT6s
    16* Callaway 816 Ust Mamiya international series tour spx 7s
    19* TEE CB Pro U Ust Mamiya international series tour spx 85s
    4,5 iron Mizuno MP-18 FliHi Modus 3 tour 120s
    6-pw Mizuno MP-18sc Modus tour 120s
    52* Vokey SM6 F grind bent to 51
    56* Callaway MD2 Tour grind bent to 55
    60*-Callaway PM Grind
    Sizemore xb-1 mid slant tour proto
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX Posts: 3,218 ClubWRX
    Did you ever figure out what was wrong?

I have a Bushnell Tour X that I've used for over a year. Just recently, I've had problems locking onto targets. It takes several seconds to lock onto a flag instead of a split second. It doesn't lock into dark targets anymore. Just recently, my rangefinder went from full battery to not turning on. I grabbed a new battery, hoping it would fix it. It turned on, but it still doesn't want to lock on. There are times when it won't lock onto a prism flag, or shiny cart in the sun. It just shuts off.

I need to contact Bushnell, but last time I contacted them, they wanted money just to look at the rangefinder. I can't help but regret buying a Bushnell after hearing about how great Nikon and Leupold are in terms of customer service, especially compared to Bushnell.
    PXG Gen 2 0811XF - HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5 or Ping G400 Max - Diamana DF 60 TX
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    PXG Gen 2 - 0311X 2 Iron - HZRDUS 105 6.5
    PXG 0311X - 4 Iron - KBS C Taper 130 X
    PXG 0311T - 5 to PW - C Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58 Links K
    Taylormade Spider X Copper Slant Neck - TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck
  • larrybudlarrybud Members Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No power is probably a wire connected to the battery terminal which came unsoldered.

Easily fixable but those things are a pain to open.
  • sirvinimsirvinim Members Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    I have a Tour X and it's noticeably weaker at locking on after 1 year of use. Debating whether to trade it in for a Bushnell V4 or switch to another brand. I liked it when I first got it but now it's annoyingly slow to pick up yardages.
    Taylormade RBZ Tour Driver
    Taylormade SLDR 15 degree 3W
    Taylormade SLDR 18 degree 5W
    Mizuno MP-H5 21 degree 3 iron
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW
    Cleveland CG12 54 degree
    Cleveland CG12 58 degree
  • roll - gyberoll - gybe Members Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you open these things up?
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,467 ClubWRX

How do you open these things up?

Looking at my Tour X, it appears to be just like my V2 was. You need to peel off the rubber covering and then you will find the screws that let you open it up. A continuity tester will be your guide.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    Ping Forged 52°

• swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭
    sirvinim wrote:

I have a Tour X and it's noticeably weaker at locking on after 1 year of use. Debating whether to trade it in for a Bushnell V4 or switch to another brand. I liked it when I first got it but now it's annoyingly slow to pick up yardages.
    I would avoid the V4,I have had too many issues with the black spots on the LCD Screen and no help other than "not a warranty issue".
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received the Tour V4 w/Slope for my birthday in February. It went dead during the last few holes of my round about a month ago. I bought 2 brand new batteries for it. It worked for 9 holes and went dead again. I have since then put another brand new battery in and it now works periodically during my round. Very frustrated. Not sure I can send it in as it was a gift, I have no proof of purchase.
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Any one here who dealt with Bushnell Customer support, do they ask if you bought your range finder from a authorized dealer or not? I see a ton of bushnell on sale on the bay, just wondering if they are going to give you a hard time if it came from the bay. thanks
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • wccrowellwccrowell Members Posts: 1

This is my second 3v. Both are a pile of s_______t
    Company wants $270.00 to fix my last one. What a lousy company. Going to a different brand. LED went out. Battery is fine. I bought bushnell because they were a good company. There customer service sucks!!! If you pay $399.00 for a range finder it should last for several years not months!!!

Couldn't agree more, so many great choices now at $200 and down while Bushnell's quality is nothing like years ago and their prices go up and up, $349 for a V4 which is a plascticy shell? Take a look at PP, Golf Buddy or Nikon, all great Lasers at much less and great Customer Service. Off subject but it seems Bushnell is owned by a big group now called Vista Outdoor, take a look at their stock and that may explain why.

• Double DodgerDouble Dodger Members Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

I have had 4 Bushnells. Started with the original big ranger. They all die that kind of death within a year or two. I play a lot so it gets used a lot but yes, they do die a sudden death. Decided to try a Precision Pro this time. Will be interesting to see how long it last.

Check out the stock VSTO today, the parent Company of Bushnell, down another 23% on poor earnings, I'm sure every division including Bushnell is feeling pressure for profit.....interesting.

• Jtarno23Jtarno23 New JerseyMembers Posts: 27 ✭✭

How is the new bushnell?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file