Hoofer v Cirrus v 3.5LS

Looking at pulling the trigger on one of those ahead of a week at Bandon.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Cirrus v these other two. Sounds as though the Hoofer is a lot of people’s favourite but for the club tangle. And that the Sun Mountain is better from this perspective but some complain of the material.

Wondering where the Cirrus sits in the analysis.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• linkerpanlinkerpan ClubWRX Posts: 1,429 ✭✭
    I thought in Bandon they use their own bags
    Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow, Accra 300F
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Snell MTB balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
    UA Storm Stand bag

WITB Link
  • Edaw68Edaw68 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    linkerpan wrote:

I thought in Bandon they use their own bags

No, it's bring your own bag. They have some lightweight loaner bags that the caddies (if you use one) will strongly encourage you to use if you show up with a big ole cart bag or something. If you want to carry your own or use a push cart, you can use whatever bag you want.

At OP: I have no experience with the Cirrus, but I've had a SM 3.5LS for a couple years now and it's a solid bag. Lightweight, enough space to carry what you need (including wet weather gear for Bandon) and comfortable to carry. I think you'll be happy with it as a carry bag, and it works fine on a cart too.
  • Joe V.Joe V. Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    I just went from Hoofer (long term loyalist) to the 3.5LS and couldn't be more pleased. Noticeable weight difference, plenty of storage and the materials are quality rip-stop nylon. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
  • Ripken08Ripken08 Members Posts: 4,253 ✭✭
    All Ogios have horrible leg mechanisms. I gave them a try several times and always had leg droop after a few rounds. Stay away from the Cirrus.
  • ShootdogShootdog Members Posts: 14
    That’s helpful - thanks team. Looks like SM it is!!