Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

Comments

• rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,704 ✭✭

Davo—I think the word on the street is the Tensei line.

I hope its the Tensei Pro White/Orange/Blue/Red, and not the reg Tensei line, but have a strong feeling it'll never be the Tensei Pro line.
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • DBillDBill Members Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    rymail00 wrote:

I hope its the Tensei Pro White/Orange/Blue/Red, and not the reg Tensei line, but have a strong feeling it'll never be the Tensei Pro line.

Only if the drivers will cost $649+ will it be the pro line.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,018 ClubWRX
    Simple, classic as usual... I don't like the sole design so much, but I do LOVE that they turned the alignment aid back around. I was going to pick up a 917 D3 but I may wait on these TS drivers and see where they come in price wise.... It's like they went back to what works in the D2, 910/913, and stuck with the 917 D3 design. I thought in both cases, they were some of Titleist's best drivers ever made.
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS yellow 76 6.0 
    Cobra F9 14.5* Atmos blue 7s
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB Nippon Modus 120s  4-P
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,704 ✭✭
    DBill wrote:

rymail00 wrote:

Only if the drivers will cost $649+ will it be the pro line.

Yeah do I realize that.
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • jpatt3387jpatt3387 Members Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited Jun 29, 2018 #426
    So, the TS2 is just a retread R9 SuperTri?
  • jlebeane13jlebeane13 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
    jpatt3387 wrote:

So, the TS2 is just a retread R9 SuperTri?

Little late to the game with that shot.
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
    Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
    Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
    Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
    Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
    Titleist Prov1 (2017)
  • Aces-6Aces-6 Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 3,030
    Anyone know when these will be available for fitting/demo? Specifically TPI facilities
    PXG 0811X 9* Tour AD GP 7s
    PXG 0341 15* Tour AD GT 8s
    PXG 0317 19* Tensei Pro Blue 80s
    PXG 0311XF 4 Steelfiber i110s
    PXG 0311 5-GW Steelfiber i110s
    PXG 0311 54/60 Steelfiber i110s
    PXG Dagger 34"
    TM TP 5x
  • HISPLHISPL Members Posts: 3,068

Anyone know when these will be available for fitting/demo? Specifically TPI facilities

I would say mid August for retail clients, now for Pro Tour players.

Call and ask, if it is being released in September then I would expect in the next 4-5 weeks you should be able to get fit there.
  • f18sumdayf18sumday ClubWRX Posts: 43
    Can’t wait to hit these.... fortunately I need a new driver
  • lefty74pghlefty74pgh Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,547 ✭✭
    I’ve been playing the 917 D3 for the past year and a half and had the 915 D3 before. I played the G30 with good results, but wanted to get back to a Titleist. I just like the look and consistency I get with the Titleist.

I played on Tuesday and only missed two fairways. One about 5 yds in the rough and the other went through the fairway into a bunker. I’m interested in the new lineup, but the 917 D3 is such a good driver.
  • minteqminteq Members Posts: 2,856 ✭✭
    lefty74pgh wrote:
    I’ve been playing the 917 D3 for the past year and a half and had the 915 D3 before. I played the G30 with good results, but wanted to get back to a Titleist. I just like the look and consistency I get with the Titleist.

I played on Tuesday and only missed two fairways. One about 5 yds in the rough and the other went through the fairway into a bunker. I’m interested in the new lineup, but the 917 D3 is such a good driver.

I agree completely, I keep coming back to my 917D3. As long as others, but for me, much more consistent and accurate.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Hzrdus T800
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Hzrdus Smoke 70s
    Nike VPC 4-Aw
    Callaway PM 56/60
    Nike 006 Proto
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • jtcookyjtcooky Members Posts: 99 ✭✭
    They are going to be way too expensive and not drop in price until about 5 years from now, so I will sadly end up passing on these just like every other Titleist driver. Oh well
  • JStangJStang Members Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    jtcooky wrote:

They are going to be way too expensive and not drop in price until about 5 years from now, so I will sadly end up passing on these just like every other Titleist driver. Oh well

They will be priced the same as other driver manufacturers and will drop in price when they are ready to introduce the next driver in 2 years. You seem very confused and/or misinformed.
    F9 Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 & 3 | 718 CBVokey SM6 52, 58Byron Morgan DH89
  • Harve10Harve10 ClubWRX Posts: 647 ClubWRX
    jtcooky wrote:

Why even post this nonsense?

Excited to test out the TS3 versus my D3. Like the changes in color & alignment. Hope it's a success.
    Titleist 917D3 / TS3
    TM M2 T13 DF
    Titleist 718 AP2s
    Titleist SM7 Slate Blue Vokeys: 50F/54M/58K
    TM Spider X
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭
    Do we have a release month yet?
  • texcromtexcrom ClubWRX Posts: 3,483 ClubWRX
    After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!
    Titleist TS3 10.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff 
    Titleist TS3 15 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron Project X PXi 6.0
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron Project X PXi 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2 5 - 9 irons AMT Tour White S-300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 48-10F
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52-08F
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56-10S
    Titleist Vokey SM7 60-10S
    Odyssey O-works 2 Ball Red
    Titleist Pro V1X
    Additional - Titleist TS3 16.5 degree fairway wood, Titleist Vokey 60.12D wedge, Titleist 905R 10.5 degree YS6+ Stiff, Titleist 718 AP2 4 iron and pitching wedge, Taylormade R7 425 TP, Taylormade R7 TP Titanium 3 wood, Scotty Cameron Select Newport, Ping Anser 35 inch, Cleveland Designed By blade putter.

GO VOLS!
  • dmarabella13dmarabella13 Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    texcrom wrote:

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!

nailed it!
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7X
    Titleist 917 F2 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Black 8X
    Titleist 816 H1 19* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95X
    Titleist 716 TMB 4 Iron - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-9 Irons - Dynamic Gold X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54S, 58M - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx S400
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    Titleist ProV1
  • ccgolfer37ccgolfer37 Members Posts: 620
    texcrom wrote:

Wise words from a Golfwrx OG.
    Titleist 917D2 10.5* w/ Project X EvenFlow Black 65-X
    Titleist 917F2 15* w/ Mitsu Diamana Blue 73-X
    Titleist 915F 18* w/ Mitsu Diamana 'Ilima 80-X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4i w/ HZRDUS HB 85-X
    Titliest AP2 718 w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Scotty Cameron Circle T R&D concept 1 Newport
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 50/54/58 w/ DG Tour Issue S400
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,036 ✭✭
    texcrom wrote:

They'll win tour events, maybe even a major. They'll pop up late in the FedEx Cup series. They'll get play in the Ryder Cup and on every major tour and every notable amateur event on the planet - and still, some numbskull WRX'er will dub them 'spinny' and complain about the lack of 'tech'. This place can be ridiculous...
    915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º C-Taper
    Mizzy S18 60-06º Blue Ion
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • RobS14526RobS14526 Members Posts: 1,127 ✭✭

texcrom wrote:

They'll win tour events, maybe even a major. They'll pop up late in the FedEx Cup series. They'll get play in the Ryder Cup and on every major tour and every notable amateur event on the planet - and still, some numbskull WRX'er will dub them 'spinny' and complain about the lack of 'tech'. This place can be ridiculous...

Don’t forget singling out every staffer that doesn’t switch immediately as proof of an inferior product.
  • Bdmac79Bdmac79 Members Posts: 907 ✭✭
    RobS14526 wrote:

texcrom wrote:

Don’t forget singling out every staffer that doesn’t switch immediately as proof of an inferior product.

Or the guys who put it in play for the first time and then miss the cut that week...
    TS3/9.5/Tensei Pro Blue 60
    TS2/15/Tour AD-DI 7
    913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
    MP-18 Fli Hi 3/Tour AD 95
    MP-18 4-PW/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 52.8F/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 58.8M/PX LZ
    SC Circle T NP2 Custom
    Pro V1
  • dmarabella13dmarabella13 Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Bdmac79 wrote:

RobS14526 wrote:

texcrom wrote:

Or the guys who put it in play for the first time and then miss the cut that week...

Yeah and most pro golfers aren't picky at all, they just throw whatever the tour rep gives them in the bag and call it good
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7X
    Titleist 917 F2 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Black 8X
    Titleist 816 H1 19* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95X
    Titleist 716 TMB 4 Iron - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-9 Irons - Dynamic Gold X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54S, 58M - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx S400
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    Titleist ProV1
  • jlebeane13jlebeane13 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭

Bdmac79 wrote:

RobS14526 wrote:

texcrom wrote:

Yeah and most pro golfers aren't picky at all, they just throw whatever the tour rep gives them in the bag and call it good

Crazy tour pros, if they were like us normal people they would spend months, weeks, and hours testing equipment before they just tossed it in the bag to compete for millions of dollars!
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
    Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
    Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
    Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
    Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
    Titleist Prov1 (2017)
  • IL2AZIL2AZ Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    davo32683 wrote:

Forgive me for not reading through everything, but any insight into the stock shaft offerings? Compatible with shafts from previous models?

I was told the Hzrdus Smoke will be a stock offering along with the Even Flow White. Admittedly, it sounds too good to be true.
    Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M2 8.5 Kuro Kage XT 60TX
    Ping G410 9 Hzrdus Smoke Black 60 6.5TX
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Diamana BF 60TX
    Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M2 3HL Diamana BF 70x
    Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X
    PXG 0311X 3-5 Project X HC Even Flow Blue 6.0
    Mizuno MP 18 SC Nippon Modus 120x
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 60S
    Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
    Ping Redwood Anser Black Satin
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2 350
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 750 ✭✭
    edited Jul 11, 2018 #446
    IL2AZ wrote:

davo32683 wrote:

Forgive me for not reading through everything, but any insight into the stock shaft offerings? Compatible with shafts from previous models?

I was told the Hzrdus Smoke will be a stock offering along with the Even Flow White. Admittedly, it sounds too good to be true.

Would have to be made-for versions obviously... Probly EF White T1099 (sarcastic font)
    Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
    TM '17 M2 Tour 15* HZRDUS Smoke 80 6.5
    TM 17' M1 Rescue 19* Aldila ATX Green 105 TX
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4-PW KBS Tour X
    Vokey SM7 Raw @ 51*, 55*, 59* KBS Tour Black Nickel
    Toulon Memphis H4
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,590 ✭✭
    Rig14Port wrote:
    IL2AZ wrote:
    davo32683 wrote:
    Would have to be made-for versions obviously... Probly EF White T1099 (sarcastic font)

why would that be obvious? the even flow blue and black and standard offerings for most so why not the white? No one know anything about the smoke, so that could be a made for version, maybe not.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • cavallothemancavallotheman Members Posts: 45
    this page is so money
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
    I remember Titleist releasing real-deal shafts starting with 913d and it was a major hit. Rest of the market followed.

Let's up the ante again.

$499 with Handcrafted Evenflow or HZDUS. and Rogue 130msi. Come on T !!!
  • Fairways_and_GreensFairways_and_Greens Members Posts: 760 ✭✭
    No more channel on the bottom. Will that make it's way to the fairways? Hopefully it sounds as good as the 905 or 909.
    Rogue Sub Zero 9° Kuro Kage Dual Core tx
    917 F2 15° Diamana S+ 80x
    917 F2 18° ATX Blue 85x
    915H.d 20.5° Modus3 105x
    Z765 Modus3 125x
    Z765 51° Modus3 125x
    Mack Daddy Forged 58° Super Peening Blue
    EvnRoll 8
    Z Star XV
  • pdaeropdaero Lefty Boomers Posts: 6,021 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

I remember Titleist releasing real-deal shafts starting with 913d and it was a major hit. Rest of the market followed.

Let's up the ante again.

$499 with Handcrafted Evenflow or HZDUS. and Rogue 130msi. Come on T !!!

If they did that with the EF Black, oh my goodness...
    Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX; Titleist 915F 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X; Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90 X

Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd; Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400

PING Anser Milled 0 34"