Phil using Truvis

2»

Comments

• BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,388 ✭✭
    I don't know what "Truvis" is. Is it the soccer ball golf ball shown above? Pretty cool looking.

Yes. They have a yellow with black pentagon. White with red, green, pink, and I think some others. Then they have the white with the US flag print links these. I also think you can do a custom design.
  • Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,111 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

I don't know what "Truvis" is. Is it the soccer ball golf ball shown above? Pretty cool looking.

Yes. They have a yellow with black pentagon. White with red, green, pink, and I think some others. Then they have the white with the US flag print links these. I also think you can do a custom design.

Thanks. I think that is pretty cool.
    8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,795 ✭✭
    Likely didnt have much choice if cally supplied all stars and stripes to the event, but might grow to like them for short game practice. Great visual aide for how the ball spins and checks around the greens
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,392 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

a picture is worth a thousand words ;-)

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1649304-chrome-soft-truvis/#entry17476950
  • sandysandy ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    edited Jun 13, 2018 #36
    How using these balls would tell him anything about spin is beyond me. He has a bionic eye that can differentiate between various spin rates. Doesn’t need some goofy colored ball, I’m sure he can afford a TrackMan 4 to check his spin rates and differences. Physics for dummies strikes again..
  • disco111disco111 Members Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    And I thought Duffy Waldorf was strange................. image/WTF.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':WTF:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • bladestrikerbladestriker No. Cal.Members Posts: 1,180 ✭✭
    sandy wrote:

How using these balls would tell him anything about spin is beyond me. He has a bionic eye that can differentiate between various spin rates. Doesn’t need some goofy colored ball, I’m sure he can afford a TrackMan 4 to check his spin rates and differences. Physics for dummies strikes again..

It’s not a “goofy colored ball”, there is actual science behind the pattern, so maybe you are right,...it is beyond you.

‘16 M2 10.5º AD-DI 75X
    M2 tour 3 wood Kuro Kage 70x
    JPX 900 tour 4-PW PX lz 6.5
    Vokey 52º 56º 60º-PX lz 6.0
    Scotty Cameron AoP Newport 2 
    "I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmean
  • moonshinemoonshine 64 @ Augusta? No problem! North Charleston, SCClubWRX Posts: 6,356 ✭✭
    I'm persuaded more by price...so unfortunately I will not partake in this cool design. Too many good balls out there on discount. See XV Amazon thread.
    "We have learned that we must
    live as men, not as ostriches, nor
    as dogs in the manger." FDR
  • Mikey5eMikey5e Members Posts: 841 ✭✭
    Just imagine how the sales of the Truvis golf ball would have fallen if Phil were using it this past weekend at the US Open!
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,388 ✭✭
    Mikey5e wrote:
    Just imagine how the sales of the Truvis golf ball would have fallen if Phil were using it this past weekend at the US Open!

Actually they might have increased.
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,933 ✭✭
    only ball you can hit on the run.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • gripandripgripandrip Members Posts: 984 ✭✭
    irvtrain wrote:

Rangeballz wrote:

Are those things approved for play?

BTW, is Phil still dressing like an accountant on casual day?

Yes, they're approved. Other pros have played them.

Z1ggy16 wrote:

He could be trying to focus on ball spin?? Highly doubt he's putting a new ball in play right before the Open.

It wouldn't be a new ball but I agree that he is just using it for practice to watch how it is spinning much better,

I beleive Tom Watson put them in play at one time.
  • ChazbChazb Members Posts: 917 ✭✭
    I have played the chrome soft truvis balls since since they came out with different combos of colors.I definitely am not looking for attention because all you have to do is watch my swing to know why.