Cobra King Black wedges

Golfingdawg19 ·  
Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  459WRX Points: 174Posts: 459 Greens
I’m in the market for some new wedges and have a buddy who can get me a deal on the Cobra black wedges. Just curious if anybody has them or has hit them.
Posted:

Comments

• russian7russian7 Members  2628WRX Points: 115Posts: 2,628 Titanium Tees
    Just got mine, great so far, not as much spin as my rtx 2.0s, the only drawback for me is coming from my Cleveland ones the head is Tiny so not as forgiving
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  459WRX Points: 174Posts: 459 Greens
    Thanks for the input
    Posted:
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members  9291WRX Points: 1,461Posts: 9,291 Titanium Tees
    I have the Tour Trusty which I am assume is the same type of finish. Have hit plenty of balls with them, so far so good.
    Posted:
    Epic SZ 9* set to 10* | Tour Z Xtreme 465
    16* M1 | Tour Z Xtreme 475
    19.75* M1 | Diamana B70
    818H1 23* | Tensei CK White 90
    5-PW P760 | Modus 120
    Glide 3.0 50/12, 54/12, 58/10 | S400 Ti
    Directed Force 2.1 or Custom EVNROLL ER5
    Tour BXS "TIGER"
  • jdailey03jdailey03 JD03 Members  341WRX Points: 63Posts: 341 Bunkers
    Playing the 52 and 58 in the King Blacks. Loving them so far. The 52 is a very traditional looking wedge head. The 58 is a smidge larger with the toe seeming to be enlarged a bit. Not a “high toe” style like Cally and TM has, but it’s noticeable. I have KBS 610 S+ in them and the spin is perfect for me. I’m a digger with high spin, and they’ve been drop and stop so far for me. Great feel, great looks, they’re winners for me.
    Posted:
    Jeremiah 29:11
    KCCO
  • IsleOfManIsleOfMan Members  2309WRX Points: 40Handicap: 10Posts: 2,309 Platinum Tees
    Anyone know if these are more like the PUR or more like the previous model King wedges in terms of base material construction (raw stainless vs chromed carbon)?

EDIT: Looks like they're DBM over Carbon, so probably more similar to the previous King than the PUR.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
    Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font] 4h 22* | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
    Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw | TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
    Cobra King WideLow 56* & 60* | TT Dynamic Gold S200
    Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter | 35" Counterbalance
    Ogio OZone Cart | Ogio Shredder Stand | Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand
  • russian7russian7 Members  2628WRX Points: 115Posts: 2,628 Titanium Tees
    Although the grooves look small I seem to spin these just fine around the green so far, seem to be great so far, the head is just really small to me. the grinds are great from any lie but I seem to dig a little with mine I am use to more bounce and these seem to have low bounce and cut right under the ball easily. I need more time but so far I like them.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BigRedRVBigRedRV Members  104WRX Points: 69Posts: 104 Bunkers
    Any one compare these to Callaway md4 or forged? Thinking about switching
    Posted:
  • kyle316kyle316 Members  476WRX Points: 73Posts: 476 Greens
    Can any compare the wide low and versatile grinds?
    Posted:
  • RedWings1RedWings1 MichiganMembers  373WRX Points: 73Posts: 373 Greens
    I just added the Cobra Kings Blacks 54*/10* & 60*/8* in versatile bounce yesterday. So far I really like them. I wore out my Mizuno T7s last year and started looking for replacements that had the same feel & shape but were a bit heavier in swing weight. The T7s are had to find now and I don't like the ne S8s.

Anyway, after several hours of testing yesterday I'm sold on the King Blacks - These wedges are great and don't get their due from the golf magazines & web sites.

If you are looking for a alternative to the typical Titlist,TM & Cally wedges, Have confidence in the Cobra's!
    Posted:

Bridgestone J715 / 10.5 / Graphite Design TourAD XC-6 X
    TaylorMade M1 5w /17.5 / Fujikura Pro83 TS s
    Mizuno MP18 FliHi 3i / Matrix Ozik Program F15 120x
    Bridgestone J15cb 4-pw / Matrix Ozik Program F15 120x
    Honma TW-W4 / 50,54,58 / Fujikura MCI Solid 125
    TaylorMade Spider X murdered out
    Srixon Z Star, Bridgestone_Tour B X, _TM TP5

Srixon Zu85 3i / Miyazaki Tour Issue 83 X (testing)
    09 Odyssey Black Series 1 (milled, Nickel Plated)

• Richiek8Richiek8 Members  11WRX Points: 30Posts: 11 Bunkers
    Just got the 54 and 58 degree cobra king black wedges to match cobra forged tec black irons I just ordered. Was playing Cleveland RT3 wedges. I like Cleveland but don't hit them very far. I like to hit full sand wedge and usually hit it 90-95 yards but only hit Cleveland sand wedge about 80 so there was a large gap between approach wedge and sand wedge. I only demoed the 54 degree cobra wedge but was very impressed. Very easy to hit , high loft and good spin and longer than my Cleveland wedge. I hit them better than the Callaway mack daddy 4 and Titleist Vockey wedges. I really liked the soft feel the cobras have. That was my experience but you need to try them out to see which is best for you. For me the cobras were best but it is all subjective
    Posted:
  • J_BirdieJ_Birdie LOFT Issue Members  1822WRX Points: 128Posts: 1,822 Platinum Tees
    I have these wedges and they are great. Versatile grind works great on all conditions I play on
    Posted:
    What's in my bag:
    Cobra F9 Avalance 9* w/ Fujikura ATMOS Black Tour Spec 6X 45"
    Cobra F9 Tour 3W w/ Fujikura ATMOS Black Tour Spec 7X 42.5"
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i / Diamana D+ 92HY X 1* Up 18* loft
    Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
    Cobra King Black Wedges 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Versatile Grind / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Callaway PM Grind 2 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"

Advertisement
  • tgolfer78tgolfer78 Members  170WRX Points: 33Posts: 170 Fairways
    what is the difference between the Versitle grind and the classic grind?
    Posted:
  • playmuchplaymuch Members  977WRX Points: 95Posts: 977 Golden Tee
    I have the 54 and 58 in versatile grind. The thing that stands out for me is how well they perform out of the bunkers. For me, they spin the same as my Vokeys and distance is about the same but for some reason they just glide through the sand. And thats out of different bunkers with different textured sand.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.