Who was in the wrong? Me or the "marshal"

135

Comments

  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,259 ClubWRX
    It’s an 80 year old woman



    Just let her be. Who knows how many years left.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭
    The marshal was wrong, but I'm not too sure I would have pulled out the "I'm a member card" A good marshal should be able to evaluate the situation, and handle it appropriately. That being said, I would say something to the pro. Regardless of being a member, she should wait for someone to walk off the green, and just say the course really doesn't want people practicing on the course, have a good day, and hope you enjoyed your round.
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,121 ✭✭
    I remember one time I was at a demo day and it was free tokens on balls to try clubs. I had tried a few different oems and the titleist one was full so asked if I could take the club a little further down on the range and was no problem. Went back a few times to switch out shafts. Anyway, I ran out of balls, was a small bucket they give you and went in to get another token. Was a grumpy old man running the counter, seen him in there many times. Told him I needed another token for demoing clubs, mind you there was a small line of people behind me and he gets very confrontational telling me I wasn’t demoing clubs because I was down the range. I tried telling him titleist guy was letting me try clubs a little further down since it was full. The manager came out and gave me the token, was crazy. I was kinda speech less when he got super confrontational, was just weird
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,356 ✭✭


    Lots of people saying they would get their feelings hurt by a big, bad, 80 year old granny??



    It isn't that I am looking to cause trouble here, but maybe it is time to man up rather than complain to management.




    And what, hit her?
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,356 ✭✭
    Kaysquare wrote:


    I've never seen a female marshal anywhere, but it sounds like she was just on a power trip...like so many elderly male marshals I've encountered.




    I have never seen a male go on a power trip. Doesn't happen.



    If you keep up that talk, I will have you banned from the internet and evicted from your house
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,888 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:



    Lots of people saying they would get their feelings hurt by a big, bad, 80 year old granny??



    It isn't that I am looking to cause trouble here, but maybe it is time to man up rather than complain to management.




    And what, hit her?




    Jeff, does that really sound like something I would advocate for? C'mon...



    What I would suggest is not getting so upset over being told to do something different. Maybe she came across as harsh...so what? She's an old woman. No need to get bunched up over something that trivial, in my opinion. Just acknowledge her and get on with the day.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5
    Callaway GBB Alpha 816 16
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Gw/Sw/Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Members Posts: 1,329 ✭✭
    edited Jun 12, 2018 #68
    I would bring it up 100%. If management is on her to rule the roost with an iron fist, they will slyly smile when you talk to them....but I bet she's just breaking balls....


    DON SVO wrote:


    ... like water off a duck's back, my friend. If she started riding your a** on hole 3 and kept popping up out of the bushes like 1960s Vietcong for the entire round, I would definitely say talk to management.




    A couple of years ago we were playing a course on a Wednesday....there were four of us and we were the only ones on the course as far as I could tell. Never saw anyone else. The "marshal" drove up to us on the third hole and told us we were a bit slow. He came again every few holes and said the same. At the turn he said..."You guys are doing better." We finished the front in a bit under 1.5hrs with two guys that rarely play. I politely mentioned that since we were doing "better" and we never saw anyone else playing that we didn't need any more updates...if someone complained about us please let us know... Never saw him again.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BNGLBNGL Members Posts: 1,598 ✭✭
    edited Jun 12, 2018 #69
    md1m wrote:


    Recently bought a membership to the muni close to my house. Played the 18th hole, where I finished with a delicate chip. After holing the putt, took out my putter to see how I would have done if I had putted it instead of chipping it. The 80 year old marshal walked over from the first hole (had to go way out of her way) to yell at me that "this is not a practice area. If you want to practice go to the practice green!!"



    It was 8:30 in the morning and it was the 18th hole. I was the only one on the back nine and was playing by myself. I have a membership, so it's not like I was getting "free" shots (I could have walked back and played the entire hole over, why should she care if hit the last putt over). I politely pointed out to her that no one was waiting and I was a member. She told me to "get off the green if I was done with the hole". Before I complain to management, I wanted to see if people agreed with me or the marshal. I almost never complain, and don't want to be "that guy", but don't want to have to deal with Barney Fife every time I play.



    And this is the first time I've ever been yelled at on a course. I'm very aware of course etiquette and don't think I deserve anything special.




    Regardless of member or not being a member, the power of her being a marshall has gotten to her head. I see this all the time when I play some public tracks on the east coast of florida during the winter. Its these old folks that have a "title" that means nothing to anyone, except them, and they feel the need to exert some power over other individuals because they know their last vestiges of youth are slowly slipping from their pale fingers into eternal oblivion.



    Kick the cane out from under her on your way to the golfshop, you have a legit gripe my friend. There is absolutely no reason for poor customer service in any industry, let alone one that I care about.
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,356 ✭✭

    MtlJeff wrote:



    Lots of people saying they would get their feelings hurt by a big, bad, 80 year old granny??



    It isn't that I am looking to cause trouble here, but maybe it is time to man up rather than complain to management.




    And what, hit her?




    Jeff, does that really sound like something I would advocate for? C'mon...



    What I would suggest is not getting so upset over being told to do something different. Maybe she came across as harsh...so what? She's an old woman. No need to get bunched up over something that trivial, in my opinion. Just acknowledge her and get on with the day.




    I was just kidding around homes image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    I wouldn't advocate getting mad, but i think as KevCarter said the best thing to do is just ask the club if they have a problem with this behavior because you don't agree with it and were surprised the marshall gave you grief over it
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
  • Gamble GambleGamble Gamble #TwistFaceExperience ClubWRX Posts: 3,561 ClubWRX
    When someone is going on a power trip and has ZERO power, i ignore them for 3 reasons:



    1. It infuriates them

    2. It makes me laugh

    3. To anyone watching THEY look like an @**hat.
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,888 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:


    MtlJeff wrote:



    Lots of people saying they would get their feelings hurt by a big, bad, 80 year old granny??



    It isn't that I am looking to cause trouble here, but maybe it is time to man up rather than complain to management.




    And what, hit her?




    Jeff, does that really sound like something I would advocate for? C'mon...



    What I would suggest is not getting so upset over being told to do something different. Maybe she came across as harsh...so what? She's an old woman. No need to get bunched up over something that trivial, in my opinion. Just acknowledge her and get on with the day.




    I was just kidding around homes image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    I wouldn't advocate getting mad, but i think as KevCarter said the best thing to do is just ask the club if they have a problem with this behavior because you don't agree with it and were surprised the marshall gave you grief over it




    Yeah, **** internet... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />



    I'm just surprised this is even a thing for some people. It would have gone out of my mind by the time I was putting my clubs in the car.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5
    Callaway GBB Alpha 816 16
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Gw/Sw/Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • md1mmd1m Members Posts: 791 ✭✭
    caniac6 wrote:


    The marshal was wrong, but I'm not too sure I would have pulled out the "I'm a member card" A good marshal should be able to evaluate the situation, and handle it appropriately. That being said, I would say something to the pro. Regardless of being a member, she should wait for someone to walk off the green, and just say the course really doesn't want people practicing on the course, have a good day, and hope you enjoyed your round.




    I mentioned that I was a member not in the "do you know who I am" sense, but because as a member, I can play as many holes as I would like (with permission and if space is available of course). So there's no reason I couldn't have gone back and played the entire hole again or anywhere on the back nine even. Therefore, why should she care if I wanted to hit one small shot over?



    And to all the "leave the old woman alone" people, she could of, and should have, left me alone and this is not an issue!
    Clubs are fluid
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,669 ClubWRX
    jerebear21 wrote:


    It’s an 80 year old woman



    Just let her be. Who knows how many years left.




    Maybe a lot. Those old German/Russian women are tough old birds.



    My wife's grandmother just turned 95 and she's still as mean as she was the day I met her almost 40 years ago. She would be the same way as this old gal.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • WoodersonWooderson Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    You could say "You're looking nice this morning Hilda. I'd say you've got a solid year or two left!"



    Just kidding. I've held jobs of enforcement before. It's not easy. I can say there are some people who do not possess the common sense or demeanor To be in these authoritative positions.
    Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
    Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
    Callaway Epic Flash 15°/18°
    Ping G410 22°
    Titleist 818 H1 25°
    G410 6-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth GW/SW
    Ping Eye2 LW
    Piretti Potenza
  • MedicMedic Members Posts: 9,421 ✭✭
    Easy situation to handle OP.



    1. Pull cell phone with video cam out, turn it on and start "news report". "I'm here finishing on 18 with NAME OF COURSE employee, Ethel. Ethel, I am video taping you now and wanted to ask - on this completely empty course with no one waiting behind me you are telling me that I, as a member, cannot hit an extra putt or two as I finish out, is this correct?"



    2. Continue video tape.



    3. Hit another putt while taping.



    4. If she goes off (probable) then head off with indisputable evidence to management and ask them if this is the sort of behavior you can be expecting from their staff as a new member?



    5. Go to parking area and watch as she leaves despondent over the fact that the one single meaningful portion of her life since her husband and all of her friends have now passed has now been taken away from her.



    Or, alternatively, you could ask another member what the deal is and act accordingly based on info provided.



    I'd personally go with the alternative. Fast. Simple. Effective. Yup - pretty sure I'd just ask another member what gives and take it from there only going to management if this who issue proves worthy.
    Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
    Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
    Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
    Titleist Vokey 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
    Tad Moore TM-1 35"
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,888 ✭✭
    Medic wrote:


    Easy situation to handle OP.



    1. Pull cell phone with video cam out, turn it on and start "news report". "I'm here finishing on 18 with NAME OF COURSE employee, Ethel. Ethel, I am video taping you now and wanted to ask - on this completely empty course with no one waiting behind me you are telling me that I, as a member, cannot hit an extra putt or two as I finish out, is this correct?"



    2. Continue video tape.



    3. Hit another putt while taping.



    4. If she goes off (probable) then head off with indisputable evidence to management and ask them if this is the sort of behavior you can be expecting from their staff as a new member?



    5. Go to parking area and watch as she leaves despondent over the fact that the one single meaningful portion of her life since her husband and all of her friends have now passed has now been taken away from her.



    Or, alternatively, you could ask another member what the deal is and act accordingly based on info provided.



    I'd personally go with the alternative. Fast. Simple. Effective. Yup - pretty sure I'd just ask another member what gives and take it from there only going to management if this who issue proves worthy.




    First suggestion is overkill on an 80 year old person, and would make the OP look bad really quick. Especially being a new member.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5
    Callaway GBB Alpha 816 16
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Gw/Sw/Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,582 ClubWRX
    Old people say what they want and how they want. If I am lucky enough to get old I plan to do the same.

    She was wrong if that's exactly how it happened but yelling back at an old lady just isn't right. You have to just take it.
  • KBongKBong Members Posts: 1,201 ✭✭
    Spooky67 wrote:


    A couple of years ago we were playing a course on a Wednesday....there were four of us and we were the only ones on the course as far as I could tell. Never saw anyone else. The "marshal" drove up to us on the third hole and told us we were a bit slow. He came again every few holes and said the same. At the turn he said..."You guys are doing better." We finished the front in a bit under 1.5hrs with two guys that rarely play. I politely mentioned that since we were doing "better" and we never saw anyone else playing that we didn't need any more updates...if someone complained about us please let us know... Never saw him again.


    95% of marshals are idiots and fools with no common sense.

    And when a 'real' issue exists.....they don't do anything because they don't want confrontation.
  • MedicMedic Members Posts: 9,421 ✭✭

    Medic wrote:


    Easy situation to handle OP.



    1. Pull cell phone with video cam out, turn it on and start "news report". "I'm here finishing on 18 with NAME OF COURSE employee, Ethel. Ethel, I am video taping you now and wanted to ask - on this completely empty course with no one waiting behind me you are telling me that I, as a member, cannot hit an extra putt or two as I finish out, is this correct?"



    2. Continue video tape.



    3. Hit another putt while taping.



    4. If she goes off (probable) then head off with indisputable evidence to management and ask them if this is the sort of behavior you can be expecting from their staff as a new member?



    5. Go to parking area and watch as she leaves despondent over the fact that the one single meaningful portion of her life since her husband and all of her friends have now passed has now been taken away from her.



    Or, alternatively, you could ask another member what the deal is and act accordingly based on info provided.



    I'd personally go with the alternative. Fast. Simple. Effective. Yup - pretty sure I'd just ask another member what gives and take it from there only going to management if this who issue proves worthy.




    First suggestion is overkill on an 80 year old person, and would make the OP look bad really quick. Especially being a new member.




    C-mon MG...



    First response was pure unadulterated sarcasm meant to point out how really trivial the issue is and how simple it will be to just ask another member what the rules are, who she is, what her deal is and how he should handle it.



    It's these really simple situations that amaze me.
    Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
    Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
    Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
    Titleist Vokey 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
    Tad Moore TM-1 35"
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • AugsterAugster Members Posts: 4,184 ✭✭
    Or just show her the rule, 7-2.



    “...he may practice putting or chipping on or near:



    a. the putting green of the hole last played,

    b. any practice putting green, or

    c. the teeing ground of the next hole to be played in the round,”



    Even if they have some sort of asinine “no practice” policy in place, have them look up 7-2 and tell them you’ll do what the rules allow. Because you’re at a golf course. Playing golf.
  • hls2k6hls2k6 Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Based on first report of this incident, report it to management & hope for redress. Based on the second, with reference to overall attitude towards kids & outsiders, not to mention treatment when of you & wife on walk, quit & demand your money back. “It’s close to my house” is one thing, but how can you possibly feel good supporting, let alone being associated with, such a deplorable community?
  • Skifly150Skifly150 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭

    jholz wrote:


    Lots of sensitive souls in this discussion, at least when it comes to how people treat you. The level of ugliness and vitriol focused on this poor woman during this discussion suggests that many of you could give a f*** about anyone else. The hypocrisy is astounding.



    Seriously, it's an 80 year old woman trying to do her job. Even if she's in the wrong, can't you laugh it off and move on with your life? Is your extra putt or two really worth getting this upset about?



    Let me tell you something, it's not.




    So you don’t care how people treat you? Yeah right.



    This “poor”woman brought it on herself. And if she’s “trying to do her job”, then management better up their training, because it’s a **** poor way to do a job.




    Here's the thing with these kinds of posts.... We the 'observers' only hear 1 perspective. The OP believed he was wronged in some way.... maybe. (Otherwise why is he asking for our approval or opinion).. We don't know what went down. It would be great to have this post followed by the marshal's post to this board about an arrogant jackhole taking loads of practice shots, not replacing or sanding divots and leaving the bunkers unraked from his 4 practice shots per hole....... and she let it slide because the course is empty, until she finally confronts him on the last green, informing him of the 'no practice policy.' There's a reason you hear from both plaintiff and defendant in court. Each story has two sides.



    I'm not saying the OP is wrong in any way..... I'm not saying he is absolutely right..... I don't know his (actual) intention for posting..... I don't know if his perspective on the incident is exactly the way it went down or not. He is portraying the woman in a certain way..... He may be exactly accurate.... he may be looking for justification (from us) to go to management and exaggerating..... We don't know and never will.



    Let's cool it on the lady. We all assume if it's written down. it must be the way it was..... it rarely is. We have little basis to judge here. And yet many of us do..... Often.
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 3,979 ✭✭
    Some people just can't handle a little authority. Goes right to their heads.
  • MrJonesMrJones Waiting for the weekend... Members Posts: 2,724 ✭✭
    edited Jun 13, 2018 #85
    Skifly150 wrote:


    jholz wrote:


    Lots of sensitive souls in this discussion, at least when it comes to how people treat you. The level of ugliness and vitriol focused on this poor woman during this discussion suggests that many of you could give a f*** about anyone else. The hypocrisy is astounding.



    Seriously, it's an 80 year old woman trying to do her job. Even if she's in the wrong, can't you laugh it off and move on with your life? Is your extra putt or two really worth getting this upset about?



    Let me tell you something, it's not.




    So you don’t care how people treat you? Yeah right.



    This “poor”woman brought it on herself. And if she’s “trying to do her job”, then management better up their training, because it’s a **** poor way to do a job.




    Here's the thing with these kinds of posts.... We the 'observers' only hear 1 perspective. The OP believed he was wronged in some way.... maybe. (Otherwise why is he asking for our approval or opinion).. We don't know what went down. It would be great to have this post followed by the marshal's post to this board about an arrogant jackhole taking loads of practice shots, not replacing or sanding divots and leaving the bunkers unraked from his 4 practice shots per hole....... and she let it slide because the course is empty, until she finally confronts him on the last green, informing him of the 'no practice policy.' There's a reason you hear from both plaintiff and defendant in court. Each story has two sides.



    I'm not saying the OP is wrong in any way..... I'm not saying he is absolutely right..... I don't know his (actual) intention for posting..... I don't know if his perspective on the incident is exactly the way it went down or not. He is portraying the woman in a certain way..... He may be exactly accurate.... he may be looking for justification (from us) to go to management and exaggerating..... We don't know and never will.



    Let's cool it on the lady. We all assume if it's written down. it must be the way it was..... it rarely is. We have little basis to judge here. And yet many of us do..... Often.




    You're justifying her reported poor attitude and job performance by creating your own narrative in your head in which the OP could be the one completely in the wrong?



    This is a chat forum. The OP presented a "what if". All we have to go by is his story so we'll answer the "what if" question. It's not like the OP has asked us to write a letter of complaint. He hasn't named this woman or the Club. He just asked our opinion. You could ask if we think you would look OK dying your hair pink while the entire time knowing you have no hair. We're just going to answer the question to the best of our ability with the information given.
    Cobra Bio Cell Pro
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
    TM RAC MB 3-PW
    Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
    Odyssey White Ice 1
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,669 ClubWRX
    Skifly150 wrote:


    jholz wrote:


    Lots of sensitive souls in this discussion, at least when it comes to how people treat you. The level of ugliness and vitriol focused on this poor woman during this discussion suggests that many of you could give a f*** about anyone else. The hypocrisy is astounding.



    Seriously, it's an 80 year old woman trying to do her job. Even if she's in the wrong, can't you laugh it off and move on with your life? Is your extra putt or two really worth getting this upset about?



    Let me tell you something, it's not.




    So you don’t care how people treat you? Yeah right.



    This “poor”woman brought it on herself. And if she’s “trying to do her job”, then management better up their training, because it’s a **** poor way to do a job.




    Here's the thing with these kinds of posts.... We the 'observers' only hear 1 perspective. The OP believed he was wronged in some way.... maybe. (Otherwise why is he asking for our approval or opinion).. We don't know what went down. It would be great to have this post followed by the marshal's post to this board about an arrogant jackhole taking loads of practice shots, not replacing or sanding divots and leaving the bunkers unraked from his 4 practice shots per hole....... and she let it slide because the course is empty, until she finally confronts him on the last green, informing him of the 'no practice policy.' There's a reason you hear from both plaintiff and defendant in court. Each story has two sides.



    I'm not saying the OP is wrong in any way..... I'm not saying he is absolutely right..... I don't know his (actual) intention for posting..... I don't know if his perspective on the incident is exactly the way it went down or not. He is portraying the woman in a certain way..... He may be exactly accurate.... he may be looking for justification (from us) to go to management and exaggerating..... We don't know and never will.



    Let's cool it on the lady. We all assume if it's written down. it must be the way it was..... it rarely is. We have little basis to judge here. And yet many of us do..... Often.




    You’re 100% correct, there are always two sides to every story. But unles we get a different version I have no reason to not believe the OP’s version. Wouldn’t make a lot of sense to come on here and post what he did if it wasn’t truthful. He’s looking for opinions, not statements for a court date.



    If the marshal had been a 50 year old man, tar and feathers wouldn’t be enough for him here. Why is it different because it’s an older lady. Rude is rude, no matter the age.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • jholzjholz Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭
    I know that I am in the minority here, but it is hard for me to see this situation in any other light than the OP creating his own problems.



    His various posts provide a history of negative experiences with this course/club, and he openly admits that he doesn't like the people there. Yet, he goes ahead and gets a membership anyway?



    It seems to me that the OP got exactly what was advertised.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
    Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj Members Posts: 15,216 ✭✭

    golfnhack wrote:


    Well... grammatically it would be you. Your post should read: "Who was in the wrong. The marshal, or I?"




    If you’re going to bring up grammar, it’s actually, “Who was in the wrong, the marshal or me?”
    Is it? For starters, I definitely wouldn't put a period after "wrong". That's just all kinds of nuts.



    I could see it both ways, but I lean towards (1).



    1) This is a "subject question". . ..Who was in the wrong? I was in the wrong. "The marshall and I" are the subjects of the verb "was". "In this scenario, I was in the wrong, or the marshal was in the wrong?" Or. . ..



    2) There's an implied preposition like "Who was in the wrong (between) the marshal and me?"



    Personal opinion : go with what sounds right to most people. "who was in the wrong. . .the marshall or me?"



    Big note : I don't actually care and would never initiate this discussion, but will participate in it if started. The point was communicated clearly and that's all we need out of language.
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Sauce : tour
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-PW

    Vokey 50º illegal grooves
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Bobby Grace Amazing Grace

    Oncore Elixir
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,669 ClubWRX
    jholz wrote:


    I know that I am in the minority here, but it is hard for me to see this situation in any other light than the OP creating his own problems.



    His various posts provide a history of negative experiences with this course/club, and he openly admits that he doesn't like the people there. Yet, he goes ahead and gets a membership anyway?



    It seems to me that the OP got exactly what was advertised.




    I haven’t seen or read any previous posts from him in regards to the course so I only have the OP to base off of.



    golfnhack wrote:


    Well... grammatically it would be you. Your post should read: "Who was in the wrong. The marshal, or I?"




    If you’re going to bring up grammar, it’s actually, “Who was in the wrong, the marshal or me?”
    Is it? For starters, I definitely wouldn't put a period after "wrong". That's just all kinds of nuts.



    I could see it both ways, but I lean towards (1).



    1) This is a "subject question". . ..Who was in the wrong? I was in the wrong. "The marshall and I" are the subjects of the verb "was". "In this scenario, I was in the wrong, or the marshal was in the wrong?" Or. . ..



    2) There's an implied preposition like "Who was in the wrong (between) the marshal and me?"



    Personal opinion : go with what sounds right to most people. "who was in the wrong. . .the marshall or me?"



    Big note : I don't actually care and would never initiate this discussion, but will participate in it if started. The point was communicated clearly and that's all we need out of language.




    Quit with all that, you’re making my head hurt!��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,552 ✭✭
    If the scenario was what was what you describe, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, I think she was definitely in the wrong. I probably would have fired back at her and told her to mind your own business. There was no point she needed to make in a situation like that except hello sir have a nice day.
  • Skifly150Skifly150 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭

    Skifly150 wrote:


    jholz wrote:


    Lots of sensitive souls in this discussion, at least when it comes to how people treat you. The level of ugliness and vitriol focused on this poor woman during this discussion suggests that many of you could give a f*** about anyone else. The hypocrisy is astounding.



    Seriously, it's an 80 year old woman trying to do her job. Even if she's in the wrong, can't you laugh it off and move on with your life? Is your extra putt or two really worth getting this upset about?



    Let me tell you something, it's not.




    So you don’t care how people treat you? Yeah right.



    This “poor”woman brought it on herself. And if she’s “trying to do her job”, then management better up their training, because it’s a **** poor way to do a job.




    Here's the thing with these kinds of posts.... We the 'observers' only hear 1 perspective. The OP believed he was wronged in some way.... maybe. (Otherwise why is he asking for our approval or opinion).. We don't know what went down. It would be great to have this post followed by the marshal's post to this board about an arrogant jackhole taking loads of practice shots, not replacing or sanding divots and leaving the bunkers unraked from his 4 practice shots per hole....... and she let it slide because the course is empty, until she finally confronts him on the last green, informing him of the 'no practice policy.' There's a reason you hear from both plaintiff and defendant in court. Each story has two sides.



    I'm not saying the OP is wrong in any way..... I'm not saying he is absolutely right..... I don't know his (actual) intention for posting..... I don't know if his perspective on the incident is exactly the way it went down or not. He is portraying the woman in a certain way..... He may be exactly accurate.... he may be looking for justification (from us) to go to management and exaggerating..... We don't know and never will.



    Let's cool it on the lady. We all assume if it's written down. it must be the way it was..... it rarely is. We have little basis to judge here. And yet many of us do..... Often.




    You’re 100% correct, there are always two sides to every story. But unles we get a different version I have no reason to not believe the OP’s version. Wouldn’t make a lot of sense to come on here and post what he did if it wasn’t truthful. He’s looking for opinions, not statements for a court date.



    If the marshal had been a 50 year old man, tar and feathers wouldn’t be enough for him here. Why is it different because it’s an older lady. Rude is rude, no matter the age.




    There is no difference if it's a 50 yo man (I don't believe I implied there was). I'd say the same thing if it was a man or woman.... We are only getting one side of the story.... When people are told they are in the wrong they tend to get defensive. An anonymous internet message board is a place to get affirmation. It's especially easy to find that affirmation since there is only one party with the opportunity of 'framing' the story. Such is the way of these boards- and there is no way to alter that fact. All I'm saying is it's on us, the observers here (not the OP), who don't have all the of the relevant facts to weigh this fact in our comments.



    Our (the observer's) harshest criticisms directed toward the marshal (in this case an 80ish year old woman) and formation of such awful opinions without regard to ALL the factors (which we will never get) is simple overreaction to an event I believe we're not informed enough to formulate complete opinions about.



    Clearly you've decided you know enough of the story to calculate 'Rude Marshall', and you may be absolutely correct. All I'm saying is the truth is rarely that simple.
Sign In or Register to comment.