XCON 5

What current driver shaft is most similar to the old Matrix Ozik XCON 5? I have that in an old Callaway and I still love it.

Comments

• bluedotbluedot Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭

What current driver shaft is most similar to the old Matrix Ozik XCON 5? I have that in an old Callaway and I still love it.

I can't answer your question, but I think a club guy could quite easily pull the Xcon from your Callaway and retrofit it with pretty much any adapter that you want/need. I did that with my Xcon 5 and still have it, though I'm not using it and haven't for some time. In it's day, it was the finest shaft on the market for most amateurs.
  • asw7576asw7576 Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    edited Jun 13, 2018 #3
    Ebay .... find the pull out from rbz or search xcon 5 . You will find it for sure.
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Drivers : Taylormade RBZ S2, JetSpeed, SLDR S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Fairways : Taylormade SLDR S, Callaway X2 Hot[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hybrids : Taylormade RBZ S2, SLDRS S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Irons : Mizuno JPX 800 HD, Yamaha Inpres X Z Cavity 2013 & Z 2016, Maruman Titus & X1 [/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Wedges : Mizuno T4[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Putters : Oddyssey Tank 2 balls, Works 2 fangs[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Shoes : Footjoy DNA[/font]
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Posts: 1,865 ClubWRX
    Xcon 5 matched the Diamana blue profile so shafts similar to the firmer butt, soft middle and stiffer tip section.
  • bluedotbluedot Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭
    03trdblack wrote:

Xcon 5 matched the Diamana blue profile so shafts similar to the firmer butt, soft middle and stiffer tip section.

Are you sure about this? The Xcon 5 was/is very much a high launch shaft with an active tip section, to me at least more like a Diamana Red. The Diamana Blue, one of the great shafts ever made, is a mid-launch shaft.