Gross. The g700 feel and sound like hybrids when hit them

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

You're probably a young and fit scratch golfer. I'm an aged hacker, 66 yrs and a 13 hi with a 90-92 swing speed. Hard to compare your experience and mine. I've played with Callaway Apex and and XXIO forged clubs, not the i200s. I'm not going to tell you that the G700s are going to feel as good, generally. They don't. But when I hit them well, they still feel pretty damn good. Had a lesson this evening and I nutted a couple 6 irons, and they felt great. Difference is, I hit a couple off the toe--they didn't feel good, but they still ended up pretty well. For me, these things are longer and very accurate. Since I've had knee problems and lost swing speed in the last year, I wanted some extra pop in irons without giving up accuracy. The G700s have done it and while the feeling isn't spectacular, I can tell bad shots from good, and the best ones feel really solid.

As for the sound, well, the sounds of my expressions of pleasure form many of my iron shots have been louder than my whining about the impact sound.

In the end, no reason not to try them but you may not like the feel at all and you may not need or like the distance. For an old geezer like me, the trade-offs are just fine.

Had them, hated them. Could not get past how long they were from heel to toe, the sound, even with a urethane ball, was really loud, and there is a distinct lack of feedback, especially with the short irons. Irons are the weakest part of my game and I was happy to get all the distance and forgiveness I could get, but throw in issues with the finish and they were a non-starter for me.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

I own i200s and have hit G700s twice outdoors at demo days. Was a rush hitting high booming shots. Just a guess - you might get past the feel/sound. Distance control could perhaps be an issue.

It's wet and soft here a lot, so didn't mind the wide sole really - but not the magical i200 turf interaction. Yeah they're big but I could probably adjust.

I'm not a club snob and will play anything. I grew up playing blades including founders club series 200s in my thirties...so I know about feel. But I'm older, injured and need help. I can ignore feel/sound but not unpredictable distance.

I sold a high cor iron set (jpx900 hm) after realizing I had no clue how far they were going. Was kind of intriguing being long more often than short for a change.

I'm a big fan of i200s.

I hope the i500s are mid sized g700s...could replace my 4 and 3 hybrids.

Yikes just saw i500 photos recently posted...bladier than expected! Maybe g700 4&5 with lofts tweaked up? Who knows.

I have the G700 and have played great feeling irons in the past (Adams CMB for example).

The G700 are by no means that soft, but they also don't punish you for off-center hits.

I've been tempted to fill them with foam like PXG/TM 790, but haven't yet.

They feel OK, and like the poster above the feeling from the numerous well hit shots overcomes a lot.

The ball makes a difference. I use Callaway Supersofts and they feel nicer with those than they do on my occasional excursions into Pro V1s etc.

Mavrik Fuji Pro

G410/Epic Flash/Fli Hi Hybrids/woods
PXG Gen3 irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey Rossie OG 

A softer tipped shaft makes a huge difference with these. I tried them with PX LZ, DG 120, and DG 105 and they felt like everyone has mentioned, very crisp and hollow. I put the Modus 105 in and they felt much, much better. Same with the graphite, the feel was markedly improved.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I get over what ever "sound" by the shots produced....

High, straight & majestic.....yeah, that'll do

Exactly. The G700's are really, really good. All the stuff about how they sound matters not at all to me.

As to "feedback", I've never really understood that anyway. If I hit the ball squarely, and it goes where I was aiming, that's the ultimate feedback. If I hit one that skitters along the ground, or is a hosel rocket to the right, or is fat or thin or whatever, I get feedback from what the BALL does. I suppose I could close my eyes or not look and guess from the feel of the shot, but why would I do that? Why would I need to?

I've played a few different spring face irons now and I strongly suggest a soft ball if you are one of those guys that objects to the "tink" sound at impact. This same thing holds true for many drivers on the market, including many Ping's. Use a Z Star or similar and the sound is much more muted than an "X" ball.

As for spring face irons for a scratch player, I'm not sure. Personally, I'm not that good so it's hard for me to provide feedback about exact distance control. I've been playing my Hot Metal irons for a while now and love them. Every once in a while I nut them and wind up over my intended landing spot though, and I'm not sure if it's me or the clubs. 90% of the time, when coming up short, it's me though, that I know.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I really don't have an issue with the G700s besides the hydropearl finish (they wear terribly compared to the G15s). You pair these heads with some recoil protos and they do not feel harsh at all. I'm a 3 handicap so I make decent center of the face contact so that might help. The sound is a bit different than I am use to so I'm toying with the idea of adding some of this or hotmelt to the heads.

https://www.golfworks.com/the-golfworks-head-tac-syringe/p/gw0035/

I've played a few different spring face irons now and I strongly suggest a soft ball if you are one of those guys that objects to the "tink" sound at impact. This same thing holds true for many drivers on the market, including many Ping's. Use a Z Star or similar and the sound is much more muted than an "X" ball.

As for spring face irons for a scratch player, I'm not sure. Personally, I'm not that good so it's hard for me to provide feedback about exact distance control. I've been playing my Hot Metal irons for a while now and love them. Every once in a while I nut them and wind up over my intended landing spot though, and I'm not sure if it's me or the clubs. 90% of the time, when coming up short, it's me though, that I know.

Agree on using a soft ball. It'll make tinky less tinky and clicky less clicky. A good cheapie option is Wilson 50 or Duo.

I have the I 200s with the nippon modus 105 shaft.I just received the g 700s in the 4,5, and 6 iron with the same shaft..It was one of the best moves I have done and will order the rest to have a full set..

IMO there not loud not harsh but easy to hit long and accurate.

I use the callaway chrome soft ball and the added distance I get from the 700s makes the game easier for me as my swing speed is around 93 with the driver.

I will keep the i200s as a backup set and will have a complete set of 700s.

Everyone is different and some clubs work for some and not so much for others.You just need to try them to see if you like them,in my case I like them.

I get over what ever "sound" by the shots produced....

High, straight & majestic.....yeah, that'll do

Exactly. The G700's are really, really good. All the stuff about how they sound matters not at all to me.

As to "feedback", I've never really understood that anyway. If I hit the ball squarely, and it goes where I was aiming, that's the ultimate feedback. If I hit one that skitters along the ground, or is a hosel rocket to the right, or is fat or thin or whatever, I get feedback from what the BALL does. I suppose I could close my eyes or not look and guess from the feel of the shot, but why would I do that? Why would I need to?

This.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

A softer tipped shaft makes a huge difference with these. I tried them with PX LZ, DG 120, and DG 105 and they felt like everyone has mentioned, very crisp and hollow. I put the Modus 105 in and they felt much, much better. Same with the graphite, the feel was markedly improved.

Same experience. The Nippon shaft made a huge difference in feel, huge. G700’s are the shiz...

Can anyone confirm "retro" lofts available on g700s i.e. +2*?

This would mean 25* 5 iron and 22* 4 iron which is ok blend with i200. Bounce would go to 7* and 8* respectively, high for long irons but maybe ok.

Or power spec i200s through 6i, in which case just go +1* on g700s?

I've grown to like the i200 5i. Hitting it 185-190 with nice control, which is all I can expect at 26*. Medium/low, but holds a green fine. No doubt a g700 5i would be a more comfortable ride.

Can anyone confirm "retro" lofts available on g700s i.e. +2*?

This would mean 25* 5 iron and 22* 4 iron which is ok blend with i200. Bounce would go to 7* and 8* respectively, high for long irons but maybe ok.

Or power spec i200s through 6i, in which case just go +1* on g700s?

I've grown to like the i200 5i. Hitting it 185-190 with nice control, which is all I can expect at 26*. Medium/low, but holds a green fine. No doubt a g700 5i would be a more comfortable ride.

The retro specs are still a bit of a mythical being. They aren't published on PING's site yet and it doesn't seem like they have any need too. Just bag whatever iron loft you need. So if you need something higher launching at 26*, you'll have to get the G700 6i; it should be comparable to maybe a few yards longer due to the unsupported, springier face.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Does anyone else find the G700 SW hard to control for SW? That's my one issue with the G700 as the sound is fine to my ear.

Can you please provide a little more detail. Distance control, digging, not enough bounce, chips poorly ???

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

Only having seen G700 n stores, not having played them, the wedge look ginormous to me. I've spent years playing with the W/U/S/L wedges in various earlier G-series irons but even I was taken aback by the bulk of those clubs in the G700 set.

Or maybe that's just optics and they don't play bulky.

Does anyone else find the G700 SW hard to control for SW? That's my one issue with the G700 as the sound is fine to my ear.

Can you please provide a little more detail. Distance control, digging, not enough bounce, chips poorly ???

I find it gets through the sand fine, but distance control is difficult. Maybe it’s me, as my bunker play isn’t great, but I’ve had quite a few flyers that have cleared the green (and in one case headed back down the fairway...). The upside is that a couple of really tricky plugged lies have got out when I didn’t expect them too.

Gross. The g700 feel and sound like hybrids when hit them

You know the G700s are hollow with no fillers, right? What feel/sound would you expect from a hollow iron?

And that begs the question of whether or not you have hybrids that you like...

I don’t have any hybrids in my bag...

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide