Right Hand in Downswing

white03white03 Members Posts: 695 ✭✭
Look at Tigers right hand in this picture. Doesn't he really really have to release it to square the face? Is this normal for pros's?

Comments

  • jekatojekato Members Posts: 90
    edited Jun 13, 2018 #2
    Going to be turned down from there in varying degrees. He's on top of the ball now and will soon cover it. Yes, normal.
    The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    IMO....Don't bother trying to emulate pro's....they're all different...each swing is ingrained based on their body makeup...and how their brain interprets the swing.
  • tyorke1tyorke1 Members Posts: 2,232 ✭✭
    sorry disagree. you may not be able to do what they are doing but by all means try . get into that position in slow motion and go from there.
    m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s ,
    m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x ,
    818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
    taylor p790 17 degree
    callaway apex pro c-taper stiff 
    vokey 52--56--60
    taylormade spider tour dj version
    epic green staff bag or titleist cart bag
  • lukerguylukerguy Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Check out how his forearm is facing upwards. That's the key.
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,351 ✭✭
    Malaska Move, over the top from the inside?
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD DI 7S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,349 ✭✭
    I doubt it’s something he thinks about. Actually I doubt any good golfer does. If you have a solid grip and swing you don’t think about the “release” it just happens. It’s not like the face rolls open and has to roll closed to hit a straight shot it should feel square through the swing. That feel will vary from golfer to golfer as they all have different grips and swings.
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:


    I doubt it’s something he thinks about. Actually I doubt any good golfer does. If you have a solid grip and swing you don’t think about the “release” it just happens. It’s not like the face rolls open and has to roll closed to hit a straight shot it should feel square through the swing. That feel will vary from golfer to golfer as they all have different grips and swings.




    Exactly. Guys WAY over-think this stuff. The swing happens in 1.4 seconds....there's no way to think about anything...and actually "thinking" is a bad thing...it's part of why folks hit better on the range than the course...believe me...I have much experience. I can't imagine in the 0.7 seconds of transition to the ball thinking "Ok...swing like Tiger HERE". Lol.
  • AmazinBlueAmazinBlue Members Posts: 1,106 ✭✭
    Look at his right thumb, it's on hius rt index finger, it's not touching the grip at all. I've seen this with Jordan Spieth and others. At what point should the rt thumb no longer be touching the grip?
    Ping G400 Max 9* - 8* Tour 65 S 44.5"
    Ping G400 14.5* Tour 75 Stiff
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* PX LZ 75g Stiff
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 23* Kuro Kage 80 Hy stiff
    Taylormade P770 5-PW Nippon Modus3 120 S
    Vokey SM6 48* F Grind Steel Gray
    Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
    Vokey SM7 58*/14* D Grind Tour Chrome
    TM Tour Spider Black 34.25" 2* flat 2x 14g weight
    Callaway ERC Soft
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,349 ✭✭
    AmazinBlue wrote:
    Look at his right thumb, it's on hius rt index finger, it's not touching the grip at all. I've seen this with Jordan Spieth and others. At what point should the rt thumb no longer be touching the grip?






    Again, you’re reading too much into it. You can look at a man’s swing but you don’t have a clue what he’s feeling. Tigers index and thumb will look different in his finish than it does in this frame.
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,771 ✭✭
    edited Jun 17, 2018 #11
    BiggErn wrote:

    AmazinBlue wrote:
    Look at his right thumb, it's on hius rt index finger, it's not touching the grip at all. I've seen this with Jordan Spieth and others. At what point should the rt thumb no longer be touching the grip?






    Again, you’re reading too much into it. You can look at a man’s swing but you don’t have a clue what he’s feeling. Tigers index and thumb will look different in his finish than it does in this frame.




    THIS!!!



    static pics are the worse to study... you see a hand position that the pro doesn't even know he does...it's the result of a lot of good things..before..however..you should look up lyn blake and right arm/hand on youtube... he has the best explanation via TGM method
    Cobra LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/F7M3/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ Fuji 661 III
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • p3gap3ga Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    edited Jun 17, 2018 #12
    AmazinBlue wrote:


    Look at his right thumb, it's on hius rt index finger, it's not touching the grip at all. I've seen this with Jordan Spieth and others. At what point should the rt thumb no longer be touching the grip?




    It's situation & technique dependent:



    https://youtu.be/f0Sbg3bToMo
    Phil

    I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

    - Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London



    All the clubs I've ever owned.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file