2018 World Cup

2»

Comments

• scruffynickscruffynick Members Posts: 1,468 ✭✭
    edited Jul 2, 2018 #32
    This world cup keeps giving, absolutely brilliant! Best in my time since 86 for shear drama... Especially towards to end. And now tonight, Japan so close but good old big bird comes on and levels it!!! Love it.....I think I'm the only United supporter who's glad fellani has stayed, never let's us down and gives it his all...great bloke!

And it gets even better...what a finish 3-2! Stunning absolutely stunning!!!
  • 360_CS360_CS Members Posts: 4,256 ✭✭
    f*** Neymar is a little b****. Why can't refs start giving cards for that s***.

Go Belgium
  • moegolfer11moegolfer11 steal your face right off your head Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭
    Whew my brackets are safe! That Belgium Japan game had me sweating!

Agree about Neymar, really a stain on his legend. He's getting up there with Pepe (Portugal) for most annoying on field player.
    Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
    Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
    Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
    Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 52° 56° 60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp
  • HankshankHankshank Posts: 1,522 ✭✭
    edited Jul 3, 2018 #35
    And we're through to the quarters first time since ´94. Sometimes a Mannschaft does do better without the big celeb star. Not pretty but it's the goals that counts!
  • PrntscrnPrntscrn Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited Jul 3, 2018 #36
    Unreal! I want to enjoy a 1994 summer aswell! Playing for a medal would be insane
  • Pretty shocking to see England advance on penalties! I was certain they would blow it if they couldn't get one in Extra Time.

Just have to beat Sweden in the quarters and then the Croatia/Russia winner in the semis to make the final. Couldn't ask for a better draw!
    Get the sweet @:;# in!!!!!! Finally in 22 years England win a penalty shoot out.....only a shed load of gin got me through that. Mrs was out down the street, in fact the whole Street went bonkers! Glad I'm not in work tomorrow, the fact I'm bladdered and it's 11pm helps too...

Get in!!!!
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,816 ✭✭
    Drofdarb23 wrote:

Pretty shocking to see England advance on penalties! I was certain they would blow it if they couldn't get one in Extra Time.

Just have to beat Sweden in the quarters and then the Croatia/Russia winner in the semis to make the final. Couldn't ask for a better draw!

True, that side of the draw is the best possible setup for England, but don't sleep on Croatia -- at their best, they can win the entire thing IMO.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
    Belgium.... My goodness that was stunning. Best football played thus far
    It's coming home, it's coming home, footballs coming home!!!!! The dream lives on.....utterly fantastic bloody brilliant
  • mtgrizinmnmtgrizinmn Members Posts: 599
    What a game between Russia and Croatia! This has been one of the best World Cups in awhile, in my opinion. I can't wait for the Belgium vs. France game.
  • xxioxxio Members Posts: 5,659 ✭✭
    edited Jul 7, 2018 #43
    In my time zone the games are 10pm and 2am.

Can't stay up for the 2am games. They seem to be the better ones.
  • clichecliche Posts: 758 ✭✭
    mtgrizinmn wrote:

What a game between Russia and Croatia! This has been one of the best World Cups in awhile, in my opinion. I can't wait for the Belgium vs. France game.

excuse me?!? are you croatian or russian? that game was pretty boring.

but yes. can't wait for the belgium-france game. i guess thats where the world cup winner is coming from
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,207 ✭✭
    Le Francais. Whom will it be tomorrow.
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • i*windowsi*windows Posts: 2,134 ✭✭
    England_Badge_by_doctormo.png
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,024 ✭✭
    Quick word on Mbappé. This kid is unreal. He's only 19. Wouldn't surprise me if Florentino went in with a mega bid for Mbappé this summer to replace Cristiano.
    Callaway Gbb Epic Forged 9.5°
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Honma TW737 FWc 21° 
    TM RSI UDI 3 
    TM 2011 MC Onset 4-PW
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Great match right now!!
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Posts: 751 ✭✭
    It's still coming home.

The team bus, I mean...
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,024 ✭✭
    Southgate needs to be questioned imo. From a neutral perspective, there doesn’t seem to be a Plan B. It is pretty much set-pieces only. Additionally it seemed unreal to me how much fitter the Croatian players were, even after playing back to back to back games with ET now.
    Callaway Gbb Epic Forged 9.5°
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Honma TW737 FWc 21° 
    TM RSI UDI 3 
    TM 2011 MC Onset 4-PW
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore

Southgate needs to be questioned imo. From a neutral perspective, there doesn’t seem to be a Plan B. It is pretty much set-pieces only. Additionally it seemed unreal to me how much fitter the Croatian players were, even after playing back to back to back games with ET now.

They were fresher and it's the leagues they play in. All of Englands players play in the premier league which is the toughest to play in and each world cup euros we see this....winter break comes in next season so that will help. England were just beaten by a much better midfield simple as that, but christ they've done better than we all hoped. Semi finals from where they were 2 years ago is some achievement.....but euros in 2 years final at Wembley we can hope!
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,546 mod
    Come on now, it was just a great game, you cant blame it on the leagues they play in. Top to bottom the Croatia roster has guys playing all over Europe too, I'm not going to say the guys who play for Real or Barcelona should be noticeably "less tired" than the EPL guys.

Sometimes a great game is just a great game and there's no "blame" to go around.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
    dcmidnight wrote:

Come on now, it was just a great game, you cant blame it on the leagues they play in. Top to bottom the Croatia roster has guys playing all over Europe too, I'm not going to say the guys who play for Real or Barcelona should be noticeably "less tired" than the EPL guys.

Sometimes a great game is just a great game and there's no "blame" to go around.

It is a fact, even modric has said so. It's the winter break that's coming that's needed. No blame but it's always hindered England but next world cup it can't be an excuse as the winter break is there.
2»