New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

Something something, 3 threads, something, your OP is useless w/o pics or info.

https://www.spargogo...eist-ts-drivers

I was being facetious.

That being said, the article you linked is also useless. It's a bunch of speculation. Oh they think it'll retail for the same price as all of it's competition?? How insightful!

I was being facetious.

That being said, the article you linked is also useless. It's a bunch of speculation. Oh they think it'll retail for the same price as all of it's competition?? How insightful!

Curious. Do you usually post in a bad mood? You’re coming across a bit grouchy.

I was being facetious.

The author of the article is one of the most renowned club fitters in New England and has an impeccable reputation.

Additional, the author has a personal relationship with the senior most personnel at Titleist.

So, the speculation comment is incorrect

Hope they shake up titleists wood image a bit! I'd love for a true M3 competitor

By looking like an R9 SuperTri?

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

I've thought about this for a while since the TS hit the board. My guess this has more to do with modern OEM marketing spin than performance. We all know drivers are maxed out been this way for sometime now. I think this has more to do with the emperors new cloths than actual performance. Trust me this is coming from a diehard Titleist fanboy. My guess the boys at Titleist are sick of watching the spin being played with perception being they have fallen behind. They decided to develop there own version of Jailbreak, Turbulators, etc etc. Screw it let's jump on the band wagon and claim higher ball speeds and lower spin. Give the people what they want! In reality (sorry WRX) it's all a bunch of horse crap, play what works for you and hit more fairways. The scorecard doesn't know your smash factor or ball speeds.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Dunno what people are on about with lacking "cutting edge technology" - it's a stick you use to smash a ball with and it's been at the limits of regulation for a while now. Any "technology" they implement is mostly marketing mumbo jumbo.

Really the only advantage of a driver newer than 12+ years now is if you hit it all over the face so you don't lose distance on mishits.

Dunno what people are on about with lacking "cutting edge technology" - it's a stick you use to smash a ball with and it's been at the limits of regulation for a while now. Any "technology" they implement is mostly marketing mumbo jumbo.

Really the only advantage of a driver newer than 12+ years now is if you hit it all over the face so you don't lose distance on mishits.

lol don't say that on here you will get slammed even though your right.

True to a tee....lol.

Forgiveness on off-centered hits... that's it.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Don't kill the messenger but these drivers aren't going to have a "super low spin" story. The marketing and tech for these drivers will revolve around ball speed. Generally speaking, higher ball speeds do not equate to lower spin. Can't talk about the tech until after the embargo date, however, Titleist is going to claim that these heads will have the fastest ball speeds of any driver from any OEM to date.

I don't blame them, it's about loosing the competitive high level amateur who traditionally enjoyed Titleist. When these Am's start leaving for the claims of others Titleist is forced to react. This market space supports long-term loyalty and it's the market Titleist has been loosing. Erode this and possibly loose ProV prestige. Thats the REAL business here after all...

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Hope they shake up titleists wood image a bit! I'd love for a true M3 competitor

By looking like an R9 SuperTri?

As a titleist wood player now we've seen it all but the hope is always great. I'm trying to hold onto hope but the M3 looks so beautiful it's hard to compare based on pure looks. It looks like the R9 SuperTri mixed with their JDM Titleist VG3s

imgrc0069639644.jpg

Dunno what people are on about with lacking "cutting edge technology" - it's a stick you use to smash a ball with and it's been at the limits of regulation for a while now. Any "technology" they implement is mostly marketing mumbo jumbo. Really the only advantage of a driver newer than 12+ years now is if you hit it all over the face so you don't lose distance on mishits.

Blasphemous! Every year the newest model of each company's driver is 17 yards longer than the last and is a "fairway finder". Most would benefit more by finding a head they like the shape and sound of (even if it's a couple of years old) and then getting fitted for the perfect shaft and spend their $$ on that part instead of the latest and greatest. UNless of course they get on an LM and test against their current gamer and find some significant statistical increase that's worth the $$.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Amazin,

Around 5 years ago i bought two Pings, the old G5 and newer I15. Both were good.

Fast ford a few years, got another G5 and I 15 and just got a G30LS, and the shaft tips are $18 at Golfworks !!

So i am confident i have enough Head combo's and Pro Launch Blue's to stay in the fairway!!

Great to see Titleist trying to bring out some BLING.. the VG3's look cool

The Yonex Ezone was an example of Bling... surely Titleist can engineer something that looks Trick ???

OR Ha Ha do a Classic Re Release 983E the big 350CC !!

Just make em look OLD.. worked for Mustang and Camaro !! So the 983E becomes a 355??

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

I was being facetious.

Curious. Do you usually post in a bad mood? You’re coming across a bit grouchy.

Always!

;)

lol don't say that on here you will get slammed even though your right.

True to a tee....lol.

Forgiveness on off-centered hits... that's it.

Not exactly. That IS the primary benefit, but one of the white whales currently being chased by some OEMs is the center of gravity location. Even the lowest COG drivers have still had a true center of gravity that is above the visual sweetspot and this is simply because it is inherently difficult to build a driver with a truly low CG due to how much mass needs to exist in the crown for structural integrity. It is much easier to build a driver with a higher COG but a high COG driver, all things being equal, will on average spin a good bit more then a lower COG driver.

With regards to the low spin distance race, my prediction is that OEMs will continue experimenting with lighter and stronger crown materials in a continuing effort to drop CG and if they can do so successfully we also may see on overall downward shift in the bulge and roll shape around this concept. If OEMs find a way to shift COG down 1/4" without any structural drawbacks then we will see drivers that launch higher and spin less than what we currently do.

Talyormade and Cobra have been at this for awhile with Callaway recently joining in as well. Titleist and Ping have pretty much stayed the course opting for forgiveness and accuracy over maximum spin reduction across the face (low spin is still just as possible here its just more dependent on specific strike location) and i'll be curious to see where the new TItleist TS drivers fit into this equation, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was more of the same.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Id like to see an info-graphic showing how different CG drivers on an upward AOA impart spin differently.

It's all about strike location and gear effect and has nothing to do with AoA in this case. Striking the face below its COG imparts a lower launch due to bulge and roll and a higher spin rate due to vertical gear effects. The opposite is true when striking above the COG and how much the spin increases/decreases is impacted by MOI. Higher MOI, less spin impact in either direction, Lower MOI vice versa. Now when you factor in the actual COG location, the lower the COG the more real estate there is on the face to strike above it, and vice versa for a higher COG.

Most all modern drivers of identical loft will perform very similarly if struck exactly on their respective COGs, but since that never happens it becomes about what happens when you miss a little bit in any direction. The low miss is probably the most common and a low miss is by definition worse with a high COG/Low MOI and better with a low COG/high MOI.

The point is that the location of COG matters quite a bit when it comes to performance up and down the face and the MOI determines how much impact those variations have on ballflight. An extremely low COG/extremely high MOI driver would be the best fit for most players as it would offer the highest probability of stronger launch conditions combined with forgiveness but that is extremely tough to build. This is one of the reasons the older Cobra King LTD driver is such a cult favorite as it has one of the lowest COGs and highest MOIs of most modern drivers.

With regards to AoA, all that impacts is dynamic loft and does not play a part in this equation.

post-100881-0-48318700-1498157928.png

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant