GD TOUR AD IZ in driver

2»

Comments

• ShaftShack.comShaftShack.com Unregistered Posts: 161
    edited Nov 9, 2018 #32
    IZ is definitely an awesome shaft with a tighter feel than the DI, due mostly to the higher modulus upgraded Torray T1100 graphite integrated into the shaft

We actually have these shafts available for demo, so check us out, we send demo shafts direct to your door for you to try first-hand!

If you have any questions along the way, just give us a call or send us an email!

Hope that helps!

Best,

ShaftShack.com

e-mail: [email protected]

Tele: 1-888-751-5127
  • uscgolfguyuscgolfguy Members Posts: 176

IZ is definitely an awesome shaft with a tighter feel than the DI, due mostly to the higher modulus upgraded Torray T1100 graphite integrated into the shaft

We actually have these shafts available for demo, so check us out, we send demo shafts direct to your door for you to try first-hand!

If you have any questions along the way, just give us a call or send us an email!

Hope that helps!

Best,

ShaftShack.com

Do you guys take trades on high-end shafts? Have a couple that I would like to swap/trade...
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    I think GD did a great job with the IZ. It fits a very wide spectrum of players and their quality and weight selection is really second to none.
  • MMB1500MMB1500 Members Posts: 6,322 ✭✭
    Just wondering if there are any more IZ users out there and whether there is any additional feedback from longer term users. I am seriously considering trying these shafts in my driver and 3 wood.
  • bobbyclampett!!bobbyclampett!! Members Posts: 663 ✭✭
    Anyone tried this compared to the AD GP?
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* (on 7.9* setting)- HZRDUS Black 6.5 65g Tipped 1", 45"
    Ping G400 3W
    Hogan 2 hybrid- GD Tour AD DI Hybrid X Stiff
    Ping i200 irons 4-PW- DG 120 X Stiff, Green Dot, 1/2" over standard
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges (50* (bent to 51*), 56*, 60*, Blue Dot
    Ping Sigma G Anser, 34.5"
  • richzubsrichzubs Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hope that helps!

Best,

ShaftShack.com

ShaftShack - what length would the demo come in. Interested in TS3 tip 60g
  • kiddockiddoc Members Posts: 608 ✭✭

Switched from GP to IZ both 60 TX now in M5

Higher Launch, more carry....not going back!
  • scottleoscottleo Members Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    I see Fowler using the IZ 7x in his driver now....
    Rogue 10.5* GD IZ 6s
    Rogue 17* GD IZ 7s
    Titleist H1 21* & 25* GDHY 85s
    Srixon 565/765 5-AW N.S. Pro Modus 105s
    Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M N.S.Pro Modus Wedge 115
    Bettinardi Queen B6/B8
    Taylormade TP5X
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭
    The IZ is a great shaft. Although it's supposed to be similar in profile to the DI, it doesnt have the same pronounced kick. It feels a tad more stable in the same flex and loads and releases more linearly from transition into impact, which in my view makes it easier to time. I also think it's a great choice for lower lofted drivers. I'm surprised it doesnt get more love here on GolfWRX, but that will likely change given Rickie and Jordan using it now.
    USGA Index: ~2

WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - stock shaft in S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • jjmurryjjmurry Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    In regards to the AD IZ - would this be a decent shaft for someone who plays a little laid off at the top, with a fairly aggressive transition? I'm looking for a shaft that's anti-left as I can sometimes release too early with my current Evenflow T1100. Additionally, for a SS between 108-112 would a 7X or 7TX be more consistent? Looking to pair with a TS3 if anyone has had any luck with that pairing. Thanks very much!
    Cobra F9 - 7.5* GD AD IZ 7X
    TS2 - 15* EvenFlow T1100 75S
    Cobra F9 Speedback 4i - 18.5* AD IZ 95X Hybrid shaft
    JPX 900 Tour PW-4i - C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM7 - 52*, 56*, 60*
    Ping Anser 2
    TP5X
  • dvrice1dvrice1 Members Posts: 12
    I'm a shaft junkie, especially Tour AD. My driver is about 103-105 with an average to slightly quick transition. I have probably 30 different high end shafts, and IZ is clearly my favorite shaft. Performance and feel are outstanding. I currently play the IZ6S with a G400max 9* head. My most recent shafts previously were a DI6S, BB7S, and TP6S. I absolutely love the feel of the IZ. I haven't been on a Trackman yet to check the numbers. Just got the shaft this past Fall.

So the GP launches low and has the stiffest tip section of any shaft on the market (low-launch / low spin). Overall it feels a little smoother than the IZ, but both are made of the 2nd gen T1100 Torray high modulus graphite. The GP is basically the old BB in steroids.

IZ feels a smidge tighter and launches higher (high-launch / low-spin). It's basically the old DI on steroids!

Rickie Fowler just won the Waste Management Open with the IZ in both his driver and driving iron!

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! We actually have and send the demos of these shafts direct to your door so you can try first hand! Also know that you can apply $100 of demo credit to most 1st tier shafts (some exceptions apply) and all new shaft purchases come with a FREE factory adapter and grip ($40 value) of your choice!

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

ShaftShack.com

Email: [email protected]
  • golfer55082golfer55082 Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    I currently play iz 6s with ping g400max 10.5 head. Love it too!! However would like to try the vr to see if the numbers are better. Since you obviously have tried many gd shafts, any experience with vr?

dvrice1 wrote:

I'm a shaft junkie, especially Tour AD. My driver is about 103-105 with an average to slightly quick transition. I have probably 30 different high end shafts, and IZ is clearly my favorite shaft. Performance and feel are outstanding. I currently play the IZ6S with a G400max 9* head. My most recent shafts previously were a DI6S, BB7S, and TP6S. I absolutely love the feel of the IZ. I haven't been on a Trackman yet to check the numbers. Just got the shaft this past Fall.
    jjmurry wrote:

In regards to the AD IZ - would this be a decent shaft for someone who plays a little laid off at the top, with a fairly aggressive transition? I'm looking for a shaft that's anti-left as I can sometimes release too early with my current Evenflow T1100. Additionally, for a SS between 108-112 would a 7X or 7TX be more consistent? Looking to pair with a TS3 if anyone has had any luck with that pairing. Thanks very much!

That's a tricky one. The difference between the 7x and 7TX is only 2g and the torque is the same. So the weight and torque won't play a factor in preventing a hook. The Evenflow T1000 plays a little stouter than the IZ, but is a totally different bend profile (high- vs low-launch). Are you playing the 65g or 75g Evenflow? Without seeing your swing, I think fighting the left side of the course might have more to do with how you release the club. How do you like the trajectory and spin characteristics the Evenflow is giving you? Send you a DM in a second...

FYI we actually have and send the demos of these shafts direct to your door so you can try first hand! Also know that you can apply $100 of demo credit to most 1st tier shafts (some exceptions apply) and all new shaft purchases come with a FREE factory adapter and grip ($40 value) of your choice!

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

ShaftShack.com

Email: [email protected]
  • BeeezBeeez Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
    How would the IZ compare to the Diamana BF in 60 stiff in a driver?
    richzubs wrote:

Hope that helps!

Best,

ShaftShack.com

ShaftShack - what length would the demo come in. Interested in TS3 tip 60g

Hi there, all our demos are cut to a playing length of 45 inches.
    Beeez wrote:

How would the IZ compare to the Diamana BF in 60 stiff in a driver?

IZ is a high-launch low-spin profile, awhile the BF is a mid-launch low-spin profile.

Still need to write an in-depth product review for the IZ, but click here for the BF product review we did.

Hope that helps! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

ShaftShack.com
  • s1tens1ten Members Posts: 155 ✭✭

intrigued about the IZ. With how much head adjustability there is in modern drivers, are high/mid/low profiles as important? I feel like if I found a shaft that I time perfectly I would hope there would be enough adjustability in the club head to optimize launch and spin?

TM M5 460 10.5* Set @ 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S 45"
    TM M3 HL 17* - Fuji Atmos Blue 7S TS 42.5"
    Titleist 816H2 21* - Fuji Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron, 919 Tour 5-PW Nippon Modus 120 S
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50*, TM High Toe 54*, 60*
    TM TP Red Ardmore 3