Srixon's new Z785 driver

Comments

• johnnyprojohnnypro Members Posts: 1,850 ✭✭
    I see in the August Golf Digest that Matsuyama has a Z785 in his bag. He said it replaced his TM.

Any update on when these will hit retail?
  • ATAlxndrATAlxndr RHL Members Posts: 1,013 ✭✭
    johnnypro wrote:

I see in the August Golf Digest that Matsuyama has a Z785 in his bag. He said it replaced his TM.

Any update on when these will hit retail?

PreSale 8/27

Release 9/15
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Ping G410 Plus 10.5* - Matrix 6M3 X
    Ping G410 17.5* - MRC D+ LTD 80X
    Ping G410 20* - KBS Tour Hyb Proto 95X
    Ping i210 4-P - KBS Tour V 120 X
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth (Raw) 50/54/58 - KBS Tour V X
    Ping Redwood Anser
    [/font]
    Thanks!

That's not too far off.

Any news about stock shaft offerings? Or how many models?
  • ATAlxndrATAlxndr RHL Members Posts: 1,013 ✭✭
    johnnypro wrote:

Thanks!

That's not too far off.

Any news about stock shaft offerings? Or how many models?

Not much information out on these yet. 585 and 785 for sure. Haven't heard or seen anything about shaft options or additional heads.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Ping G410 Plus 10.5* - Matrix 6M3 X
    Ping G410 17.5* - MRC D+ LTD 80X
    Ping G410 20* - KBS Tour Hyb Proto 95X
    Ping i210 4-P - KBS Tour V 120 X
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth (Raw) 50/54/58 - KBS Tour V X
    Ping Redwood Anser
    [/font]
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    Srixon really starting to deliver when in comes to drivers and fairways.
  • byflow2byflow2 Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Might have to pair this with my 765 set.... looks amazing
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Fly Z 9.5 Stock Stiff Shaft[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway XR 15* Project X 6.0 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Utility 18* Aldia rouge 65g S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon 565 4,5 - Srixon 6-PW Dynamic Gold AMT S300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 52* [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 60*[/font]
    Bettinardi [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Queen Bee #9[/font]
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,965 ClubWRX
    Really digging this one. Saw Hideki's in GD, too, and swore it had a recoil channel... will have to look again. I like that it has an alignment aid too.
    Mizuno ST190G Atmos black TS 9*
    Mizuno ST180 Tensei blue 15*
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB X100
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,408 ✭✭
    I like the address look. Reminds me of the old CB4
  • 0psi0psi Members Posts: 72

I like the look from address and the deep face. Hopefully it has a bit of an open face as well.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I loved everything about the 765 except for the fact that it pointed at my left foot.

Could just be the pictures but it looks like the hosel is pointing quite a bit forward, much like the old 765.
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Ping G400. Ping Tour 65 X.[/font]
    Titleist 917 F3. Fujikura Pro 73 X.
    Mizuno MP H4 3 iron. DG X100
    Mizuno MP 53 4-PW. DG X100
    Mizuno T7. 50, 55, 60. DG X100
    Bettinardi Inovai
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    0psi wrote:

I like the look from address and the deep face. Hopefully it has a bit of an open face as well.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I loved everything about the 765 except for the fact that it pointed at my left foot.

Could just be the pictures but it looks like the hosel is pointing quite a bit forward, much like the old 765.

Booooooo!!!!!!
    Srixon customer service guy claimed he had no idea as to release date of the new drivers.

Do I believe him?
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,017 ✭✭
    edited Jul 25, 2018 #43
    johnnypro wrote:

That's interesting. Hideki was gaming a Ping G400 at The Open Championship during competition. Getty Images showed he was using a TM driver in a practice round.

• elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,076 ✭✭
    Defo hitting a Ping on the Monday. And nailing it. Srixon make awesome balls and irons but never found any of their woods perform that well.
    elwhippy wrote:

Srixon make awesome balls and irons but never found any of their woods perform that well.

The Z765 is one of the best drivers I've used recently and I'd still have it in my bag if it wasn't anti-right. Some of the previous models I've played were very average though and didn't stay in the bag very long.

It's slightly anecdotal but form what I've heard the 565 was better for slower swing speeds and the 765 needed a quicker swing to get the most out of it. If there's any truth to that it may explain why some people have mediocre results with the 765.
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Ping G400. Ping Tour 65 X.[/font]
    Bettinardi Inovai
  • splawskysplawsky Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    765 is one of the best drivers I've ever hit. It knocked the Epic Sub-Zero out of my bag. Maybe not the longest but very workable. I like hitting my seconds from the fairways!
  • matt70286matt70286 Members Posts: 361 ✭✭
    Looks like a 2017 M2 and a Nike VRS had a baby.
    Ping G400 Max 9 degree - Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi 60X
    Ping G400 3 wood - UST Mamiya VTS Silver SX
    TaylorMade UDI 3 iron - GD AD DI 95X
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52, 56, 60 - DG
    Evnroll ER2
  • even_steveneven_steven Members Posts: 247 ClubWRX
    More pics of the entire linup here: https://golf.dunlop.co.jp/products/srixon/club/z85/wood/z785.html

Looks great imo, especially the F85 (fairway wood) is an improvement looks wise.
  • sneaky_petesneaky_pete insufficiently adult Members Posts: 240 ✭✭
    reminds me of the Adams Speedline Tech with carbon fibre crown. (Speedline Tech was a very decent driver - shouldn't have sold mine....)

http://www.golfwrx.com/37461/adams-speedline-tech-driver-editor-review/
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Ping Tour 65 Stiff
    Fairway: Adams Speedline Super S Fairway 15* Matrix Ozik HD Radix S VI Shaft Stiff Flex
    Driving Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi II 18* Driving Iron Mizuno Exsar Shaft Stiff Flex
    Irons: Maltby DBM Forged Irons 3 - 9 True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300 Shafts
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 46*, 52* & 58* Wedges True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
    Putter: Cleveland TFI 2135 RHO fitted with Iomic Midsize Grip (Blue)
    Grips: Lamkin UTX Midsize (Black)
    Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour
    GPS: Sonocaddie V300
    Range Finder: Leupold GX-3i2
    Cart: Clicgear 3.0
  • nikeasian2010nikeasian2010 Lefty Boomers Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Good news for the lefties as it looks like drivers, fairways, hybrids, and irons will be available!!
    Driver – TaylorMade M3 Fujikura ATMOS Black 6 Tour Spec FW/HY – Callaway Epic Sub-Zero/TM 09 Rescue TP Irons – TM P770 Project X LZ 6.0 120 Wedges – TaylorMade Milled Grind Project X Putter – 08’ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2/TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
  • mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,160 ClubWRX

0psi wrote:

Booooooo!!!!!!

I saw them in person the other day. The 785 was square to open and the 585 was closed face.

The rep said the 785 drivers come stock with real deal PX Handcrafted black shafts as stock offering!
    TITLEIST 917 D2 10.5 Tour Issue - Atmos Tour Spec 6
    ADAMS Tight Lies TI 15 - Diamana D+ White 80
    SRIXON H85 19 - PX Hzrdus Black 80
    SRIXON Z745 - TT Elevate Tour
    COBRA Pur - 50V / 54V / 58V - KBS Hi Rev 2.0
    SCOTTY CAMERON Fastback 1.5 Custom / CARBON Holliday Flowneck Custom
  • even_steveneven_steven Members Posts: 247 ClubWRX
    mtex22 wrote:

0psi wrote:

Booooooo!!!!!!

I saw them in person the other day. The 785 was square to open and the 585 was closed face.

The rep said the 785 drivers come stock with real deal PX Handcrafted black shafts as stock offering!

Ohh, nice!
  • craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,032 ✭✭
    Colour me impressed!

That's a sweet looking big dog
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

= Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
    mtex22 wrote:

0psi wrote:

Booooooo!!!!!!

Sweeet!

Looking at the photos on the Srixon site the 785 looked slightly open.

If the TS driver doesn't work out for me I'll probably grab one of these. My 765 was amazing but I couldn't hit a fade with it.
    Bettinardi Inovai
  • shadygolfSBshadygolfSB Members Posts: 59
    mtex22 wrote:

0psi wrote:

Booooooo!!!!!!

My rep also said they are coming stock with the black Handcrafted shaft as well and the "demo" he had in his van had said shaft in it.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M3 440 Graphite Design Tour AD BB [/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade RBZ Tour Issue 14.5 Diamana White [/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive] [/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade P790 3-P Recoil 95 [/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist SM7 [/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive]50, 54, 60[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade HiToe 64[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade Spider Tour Black [/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade Ghost Spider S[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade TP 5X [/font]
  • pdaeropdaero Lefty Boomers Posts: 6,016 ✭✭

mtex22 wrote:

0psi wrote:

Booooooo!!!!!!

My rep also said they are coming stock with the black Handcrafted shaft as well and the "demo" he had in his van had said shaft in it.

HZRDUS or Even Flow Black?
    Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX; Titleist 915F 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X; Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90 X

Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd; Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400

PING Anser Milled 0 34"
    It was def a Handcrafted HZRdUs Black
  • sca4ausca4au Members Posts: 1
  • coreyhrcoreyhr Lafferty, Daniel Members Posts: 414 ✭✭
    Some bold claims on the ball speed numbers, but backing it up with a 60 day money back guarantee. Very cool. I'm a huge fan of Srixon irons, and I'm very intrigued by the 785 driver now. Can't wait to hit one.
    Callaway Epic TC...L  9* - Tour AD TP 6s 
    Callaway XR Pro TC 14* - Diamana D+ Limited 80s
    Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Srixon Z545 4 Iron - Steelfiber i110s
    Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
    Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom
    Odyssey O-Works Red V-Line Fang CH

The sea was angry that day, my friends.
    Wow this is cool!

The Z 585 comes standard with the standard HZRDUS Red, but you can get the handcrafted version with the 585 if you want. In fact, Handcrafted Black, Yellow or Red are all available at no upcharge. Srixon is the only OEM offering the HZRDUS Handcrafted as stock.

https://****.com/srixon-z-585-785-drivers/
  • Turmoil35xTurmoil35x ClubWRX Posts: 183 ClubWRX
    Very interesting... I loved the feel of the Srixon z745 driver, but never kept it in the bag. The z765 3 wood had a great ball flight, but sounded like hitting a metal trash can.

The new 785 line looks impressive. Great stock/custom shaft offerings (Pro orange/blue for $100 upcharge image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> ), and great looks. I'm definitely going to give these a try.
    WITB
    Taylormade M5 9*| Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Mizuno ST190 15* | Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80x
    Taylormade P790 UDI 17* | Project X PXI 6.5
    Taylormade  P750 3-PW | True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Cleveland RTX4 51*, 55* | True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60* | KBS Tour 120s
    Taylormade Soto Copper
    Taylormade Spider X Copper