Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 - RAW

2»

Comments

• StetsonStetson  2645WRX Points: 159Members Posts: 2,645 Titanium Tees
    I love me some rusty clubs almost as much as I love clubs with no markings. I use lead tape to cover most markings and paint remover to get rid of paint fill on wedges and irons
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 (Tour AD IZ)
    3w: Ping G400 SFT (Tour AD DI)
    3H: Ping G400 (Tour AD DI)
    3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Accra)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SC 4621WRX Points: 233Handicap: 8Members Posts: 4,621 Titanium Tees
    Why are you guys saying the price matters? Do you actually feel Wilson is inferior? If not, then why wouldn’t you pay just as much as callaway? If you do feel they are inferior why? Have you tried them?

Not trying to sound like a Wilson fanboy. It’s just a real wonder of mine when they get tossed around.

Marketing is a strange strange thing in people’s head.
    Posted:
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SC 4621WRX Points: 233Handicap: 8Members Posts: 4,621 Titanium Tees
    Krt22 wrote:

I can maybe see $1100 if they offer any shaft/grip of your choice, but $272 for modus, $400+ for project X LZ, and $72 for MCCs??

Ok that is a bit pricey right? Not sure what others are charging for this kind of stuff but that does seem like a lot
    Posted:
  • bogey777bogey777  106WRX Points: 6Handicap: 7Members Posts: 106 Bunkers

Why are you guys saying the price matters? Do you actually feel Wilson is inferior? If not, then why wouldn't you pay just as much as callaway? If you do feel they are inferior why? Have you tried them?

Not trying to sound like a Wilson fanboy. It's just a real wonder of mine when they get tossed around.

Marketing is a strange strange thing in people's head.
    You are 100 percent correct im in the car business an marketing is a machine that effects people's buying habits ...people think a brand of car makes them a better person LOL in golf i play what works .Feel is a big reason an what looks good to my eye ....Not trying to push any brand just my opinion but Wilson makes some sweet feeling irons
    Posted:
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx  4649WRX Points: 247Members Posts: 4,649 Titanium Tees

Why are you guys saying the price matters? Do you actually feel Wilson is inferior? If not, then why wouldn’t you pay just as much as callaway? If you do feel they are inferior why? Have you tried them?

Not trying to sound like a Wilson fanboy. It’s just a real wonder of mine when they get tossed around.

Because you can get a set of MP-18 SC, Srixon 765, or X-Forged WITH upgraded shafts for $1000-$1200 vs Wilson Staff for $1400! They are very nice but no way should they be almost at PXG prices.
    Posted:
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
    jonn443 wrote:

Because you can get a set of MP-18 SC, Srixon 765, or X-Forged WITH upgraded shafts for $1000-$1200 vs Wilson Staff for $1400! They are very nice but no way should they be almost at PXG prices.

I can understand that. Didn’t know exactly how much other brands were at this point with upgrading shafts and what not.

I think maybe the reasoning is that these are supposed to be a limited offering. Maybe that should mean an included discount or ability to change shafts out without extra costs I don’t know, but some of the posts saying they need to be going for less than $900 to even think about them is a bit silly just because of the name.

I also tend to think that if say callaway or titleist were to bring out a raw version of their current players irons at this price point of around 1400 people would buy them without much complaint. Just look at the red epic that callaway brought out last fall ish.

I know they brought the apex mb out limitedly in raw right? Was there a price difference?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • daddy0neputtdaddy0neputt  92WRX Points: 40Members Posts: 92 Fairways
    Here's a little tidbit I got yesterday from our pro. He spoke with the Wilson Rep and they are only making 100 sets in the raw finish. They have sold 40 sets so far and they are $1099 for 4-G, no 3 iron available raw
    Posted:
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OH 7270WRX Points: 579Handicap: 1.8Members Posts: 7,270 Titanium Tees
    I swear to God, if any of you people actually think this is a good look you are crazier than a coot. Just hideous. Look like they’ve been sitting in a wet basement for 30 years. Yuck.

Posted:
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx  4649WRX Points: 247Members Posts: 4,649 Titanium Tees

I swear to God, if any of you people actually think this is a good look you are crazier than a coot. Just hideous. Look like they’ve been sitting in a wet basement for 30 years. Yuck.

I don't mind a rusting wedge, but I'm with you on this. Looks pretty bad.
    Posted:
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • ATXHornATXHorn  684WRX Points: 119Members Posts: 684 Golden Tee
    The badge is such a cheap looking addition to what should be a great iron set, V6 Raw should have created a lot of fans.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST w/Fuji 6.3X TS
    Ping FW 410 LST w/8.2X TS
    Titleist 816 H2 Hb 19* w/Fuji 8.8X TS
    4i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
    50SS w/steelfiber 110x & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
    Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
    Pro V1
  • venturagolfer87venturagolfer87 Golfing is harder with a fro.  1353WRX Points: 111Handicap: 5.9Members Posts: 1,353 Platinum Tees
    jonn443 wrote:

I swear to God, if any of you people actually think this is a good look you are crazier than a coot. Just hideous. Look like they've been sitting in a wet basement for 30 years. Yuck.

I don't mind a rusting wedge, but I'm with you on this. Looks pretty bad.

What's terrible is the photoshop job on these mockups, obviously an ACTUAL raw iron will patina and rust a little bit more flatterlingly(?) than this. What I would do is just coke them and speed up the process as much as possible so I don't have to play a few rounds with the irons in the "in between" phases that they illustrate in those mockups.
    Posted:
    WITB 2019
    - F8+ 10.5*, Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi 60
    -2017 M2 3HL, Rulz Type A 70
    -MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
    -F6+ Hybrid, S+ 80
    -Srixon z585 5, z785 6-7, z-Forged 8-PW, PX LZ 5.5
    -50/54/58 Cleveland RTX 4 Mid, PX 6.0
    -Cushman Custom Golf C&C #2
    -Srixon Z-Star XV

Advertisement
  • thevaporzthevaporz  3280WRX Points: 410Handicap: 13Members Posts: 3,280 Titanium Tees
    Always liked Adams MB2 with the black nickel shafts. Sleeper sticks.
    Posted:
  • JGallsJGalls  3535WRX Points: 139Members Posts: 3,535 Titanium Tees

Has anyone removed the badges on these? Any issues? Change in feel or anything?

Posted:
    Callaway EPIC SZ w/ Graphite Design TP 6
    Callaway EPIC SZ 3 w/ Graphite Design TP 7
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4 PX 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5-PW PX 6.0
    Callaway MD2 50*s, 56*c & 60*u w/ Project X 5.5 Pured
    Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck
  • DrewBallinDrewBallin  105WRX Points: 58Members Posts: 105 Fairways

I own a set of these, and honestly think the badges look sweet. Wouldn't think of taking them off. But that's just me.

Posted:
    In my Cobra King stand bag

driver-- Cobra King LTD with ust elements fire x-stiff shaft
    hybrids-- Cobra F6 2/3 & 3/4
    irons-- Cobra cb/mb 3-pw KBS c-taper 120 shafts
    wedge-- Cobra tour trusty 56*
    putter-- MLA tour mallet

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.