Bushnell Tour V3 issue

Hi Everyone,



I've got a V3 (non-slope edition) that I've had a little over two years now. For a long time it worked flawlessly. Recently, however, its developed an issue where if there is anything behind the flag (ever 30-40 yards behind) it will not pick up the flag. I'll change angles, stand on a cart tire, everything I know to do to make it hit the flag, but nothing works.



Anyone have any idea? I really hope its not wearing out already. Battery is new.



Thanks!
GO DAWGS

Comments

  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    My v2 does that. I sometimes have to shoot it 5-6 times to get the flag. I've heard the V3 has had a lot of issues though so it may be a bigger problem than just missing the stick a few times.
  • FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 Members Posts: 779 ✭✭
    edited Jun 19, 2018 #3
    Rory4Pres wrote:


    My v2 does that. I sometimes have to shoot it 5-6 times to get the flag. I've heard the V3 has had a lot of issues though so it may be a bigger problem than just missing the stick a few times.




    Mines always done it a little bit... But its gotten worse. For example--playing yesterday. Par 3, trees at 208. I shot it no less than 10 times and never got the flag. One of my playing buddies used his rangefinder and shot it first time, 196.



    Sounds like I just need to upgrade? Really hate to do that since its not very old...
    GO DAWGS
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,296 ✭✭
    FlyingLaw1 wrote:

    Rory4Pres wrote:


    My v2 does that. I sometimes have to shoot it 5-6 times to get the flag. I've heard the V3 has had a lot of issues though so it may be a bigger problem than just missing the stick a few times.




    Mines always done it a little bit... But its gotten worse. For example--playing yesterday. Par 3, trees at 208. I shot it no less than 10 times and never got the flag. One of my playing buddies used his rangefinder and shot it first time, 196.



    Sounds like I just need to upgrade? Really hate to do that since its not very old...




    I would contact Bushnell. This sounds like a known problem. Maybe they will give you a liberal trade-in to upgrade. I have the V4 and it’s worked fine for two years - fast and accurate.
  • FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 Members Posts: 779 ✭✭
    cristphoto wrote:

    FlyingLaw1 wrote:

    Rory4Pres wrote:


    My v2 does that. I sometimes have to shoot it 5-6 times to get the flag. I've heard the V3 has had a lot of issues though so it may be a bigger problem than just missing the stick a few times.




    Mines always done it a little bit... But its gotten worse. For example--playing yesterday. Par 3, trees at 208. I shot it no less than 10 times and never got the flag. One of my playing buddies used his rangefinder and shot it first time, 196.



    Sounds like I just need to upgrade? Really hate to do that since its not very old...




    I would contact Bushnell. This sounds like a known problem. Maybe they will give you a liberal trade-in to upgrade. I have the V4 and it's worked fine for two years - fast and accurate.




    Thanks! I'll see about doing just that!
    GO DAWGS
  • FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 Members Posts: 779 ✭✭
    I called Bushnell this morning. He suggested I sweep from side to side, hitting both the flag and anything else behind it. According to the tech the range finder will only display the shortest of the yardages.



    If that doesn't work I can send it in for an evaluation. At least I'm getting somewhere! We will see how it works.
    GO DAWGS
Sign In or Register to comment.