Eaglemans WITB updated 11-25-18

EaglemanEagleman Posts: 136 ✭✭
So I’ve been lacking on an update, back in August I did a complete bag fitting at my club, Mistwood Golf Club. I worked with Eric Russell and I must say, he is awesome!!! I tried a lot of different head and shaft combos for driver fairways and irons but this is what gave me the best feel, distance and dispersion.

Taylormade M3 440 9° w/ Tensei blue stiff

I love this driver, I’m not sure if TwistFace works but I hit it a heck of a lot better then my 917 D3. I am playing around with the Tensei white, so that may change but I love the head

Taylormade M3 15° fairway with HZRDOUS Yellow stiff

I have always hated hitting a 3 wood. Between this and the Callaway Rogue it was a hard decision. Eric went and got his own shaft out of his 3 wood and I fell in love with the M3. It’s either straight or a little fade but I can actually hit it!!! Haha

Taylormade P790 2 UDI with HZRDOUS black S

I tried this up against the Gapr low and the 790 was better for me no questions asked. I’ve never been big on a “wood” style hybrid so the 790 is great. Either off a tee or the deck I love this club. Great for the par 4s that I can’t hit driver on

Taylormade P750 4-PW with KBS C-Taper 120g stiff

I tried Mizuno, Ping, Callaway, Srixon, p790 irons, p770 irons and the 750s. After roughly 3 or 4 hours it was between the p770s and p750s. After going back and forth with different shafts we came up with the C-tapers and 750s I love these irons. It was close between the two but my dispersion was better with these. The only iron I really didn’t like was the Pings. Just wasn’t a fan.

Taylormade MG 52 and 56, Hi-toe 60

I’ve always played Vokeys and these are **** close for me. The Hi-Toe’s grind is very versatile and I love that the grooves go all the way across the face because my miss is towards the toe with my pitches. And I love the MG raw finish.

Bettinardi BB0

Same putter that I posted below. I might actually try to find a BB0 with a flow neck and I’d switch between the two.
Post edited by Unknown User on
Taylormade tour issue M3 440 9* w/ Tensei white
Taylormade M3 15* w/ HZRDUS Yellow S
Taylormade P790 2 iron w/ HZRDUS Black S
Taylormade P750 4-PW w/ KBS C-Taper 120g S
Taylormade MG Raw 52* and 56* Hi Toe 60*
Bettinardi BB0 DASS T-HIVE BLACK
Bettinardi JAM mallet
TP5X

Comments

• dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    I might be a tad biased but...nice bag :-)
  • That Newport 2 tho.. ����
    Taylormade M1 440 Tour Issue 9.5 Matrix Ozik Black Tie 7m3 x-flex 44.50
    Taylormade Jetspeed Tour Issue 3HL 17 Aldila Ripd NV 85 Tour X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron Kuro Kage Tour Proto 100x
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-9 iron bent 2 up and 1 degree weak Project X 6.5 plus 5 gram lead tape on back of shaft
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46F and 50F bent 2 up and 1 degree weak Project X 6.5 plus 5 gram lead tape on back of shaft
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54S and 58L bent 2.5 up and 1 degree weak Project X 7.0 8 iron shaft tipped 3/8th
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 33in
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,151 ✭✭
    Nice sticks all the way around but that bag is really sharp
    Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stock Regular shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
    Irons 3 thru 9 KZG Kyoei Forged CB 1st generation Swing Science 400 Graphite Senior flex
    PW Cleveland Special 588 45* bent to 47* Stock Cleveland Steel Shaft
    SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S-300 ( old dependable)
    Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft rusty and lead taped as heck named "Rusty"
    Bag-- Jones Classic non stand
    Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want **** the USGA & R&A
    Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
    Vintage
    Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
    3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
    Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green or 1980 Macgregor VIP 3 thru PW Hogan Apex #2 shafts " The famous Bastardized Macs"
    PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special-- Will rotate out when old dependable does not behave
    Putter ( subject to change) Lil David 8802
    Bag Old School Power Bilt orange mini staff
  • EaglemanEagleman Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Thank you guys. I’m going to get outside in the next 10 minutes and get some better pictures
    Bettinardi JAM mallet
    TP5X
    Here are some (hopefully) better pics of the sticks. The only club that I think is on the chopping block is the 3 wood. I just can’t hit it consistently. I love the Cameron and Crown Newport 2. Played my first round with it yesterday and despite not playing my best I only three putted once. Also played my first round with the wedges and I’m very happy with them. The biggest thing for me was the vokey wedge selector said I needed low bounce wedges, but I went to a local club that had demos and I hit a bunch of different grind and bounce options and the grinds/bounce I hit the best we’re all higher bounce options. I play a 52.12F, 56.14F and a 60.12D. Definitely recommend people to go out and hit all the options you can before buying them.
    Bettinardi JAM mallet
    TP5X
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,151 ✭✭
    Eagleman wrote:

Here are some (hopefully) better pics of the sticks. The only club that I think is on the chopping block is the 3 wood. I just can't hit it consistently. I love the Cameron and Crown Newport 2. Played my first round with it yesterday and despite not playing my best I only three putted once. Also played my first round with the wedges and I'm very happy with them. The biggest thing for me was the vokey wedge selector said I needed low bounce wedges, but I went to a local club that had demos and I hit a bunch of different grind and bounce options and the grinds/bounce I hit the best we're all higher bounce options. I play a 52.12F, 56.14F and a 60.12D. Definitely recommend people to go out and hit all the options you can before buying them.
    Yep that bag looks even sharper in the sun and that NAPA all I can say is Dammit Boy image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> BTW for those who do not know Dammit Boy is a Southern Redneck phrase for "Impressive" or I am impressed
    Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stock Regular shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
    Irons 3 thru 9 KZG Kyoei Forged CB 1st generation Swing Science 400 Graphite Senior flex
    PW Cleveland Special 588 45* bent to 47* Stock Cleveland Steel Shaft
    SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S-300 ( old dependable)
    Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft rusty and lead taped as heck named "Rusty"
    Bag-- Jones Classic non stand
    Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want **** the USGA & R&A
    Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
    Vintage
    Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
    3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
    Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green or 1980 Macgregor VIP 3 thru PW Hogan Apex #2 shafts " The famous Bastardized Macs"
    PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special-- Will rotate out when old dependable does not behave
    Putter ( subject to change) Lil David 8802
    Bag Old School Power Bilt orange mini staff
    Thank you Stu!!! And I work with a couple iron workers from South Carolina so I hear all sorts of new phrases! And the Napa is a sharp putter!!! But I do believe the Newport 2 has kicked the Napa out for now...
    Bettinardi JAM mallet
    TP5X
  • DreadzombieDreadzombie Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Love my C&C newport! What are your gaps between 3w and that 21 hybrid? Thinking of changing around my bag to have a 3w, 3h, 4h setup

Love my C&C newport! What are your gaps between 3w and that 21 hybrid? Thinking of changing around my bag to have a 3w, 3h, 4h setup

I am really liking the putter too!!! Great feeling. It’s actually the first “insert” putter that I’ve really liked. And for the gaps I have a 15 degree three wood and I have the 21* hybrid adjusted to 20* the big thing with me is I am not super confident with either club so I’m going to keep playing around with the bag set up. Might change the hubris out for a TMB 2 iron because I have more confidence in my irons then hybrid. I’m also gonna check out the other model of 818 hybrids the H1. Either way I am happy with switching because now I have a 52,56,60 wedge set up that I use a lot more then my hybrids and three wood.
    Bettinardi JAM mallet
    TP5X
    Well, I had a rain day so I was able to make an Appointment at Bettinardi Golf and was fitted for a putter. Anyone doubting getting fit for a putter, do it!!! I thought I had a straight back straight through stroke but looking at the camera I found out I am arched. Also had my length, loft, and lie adjusted accordingly. Awesome place!!! Super friendly people and Michael Biviano and Leonard were a lot of help!!
    Bettinardi JAM mallet
    TP5X
    Post updated 11-25-18 in the first post. Sorry about the sideways pictures and it’s currently freezing rain so inside pics will have to do for now.
    Bettinardi JAM mallet
    TP5X
  • LongballjockLongballjock Members Posts: 160
    Nice bag really like the look of those wedges , very classy 👌
    What's in the bag

Driver: Cobra F8 9*
    w/ UST elements Chrome
    4wood : Taylormade "07" Burner TP 17.5*
    W/ Fujikura Blur 75x
    Hyrbid: Adams super 9031 21.5*
    W/ Diamana D+ 82s
    Irons : Lynx Prowler VT 5-pw
    W/ Recoil 780 F5
    Wedges: Nike Forged 50* Engage 54*&60* (TS&DS)
    W/ Aldila Multicomp 105
    Putter: Nike Method 001 Flow neck (oven Proto)

Ball: Callaway Chromesoft X
    Thank you longball!! I stopped at the Bettinardi Hive yesterday and started designing a putter, but I also couldn’t leave empty handed haha
    Bettinardi JAM mallet
    TP5X