Team vs Individual Sports

Golf seems like a great individual sport that can be played one's entire life

I have a lot of experience and knowledge in junior Tennis, another individual lifetime sport

My middle child played Lacrosse for awhile but stopped in middle school

It seemed like a great sport, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of opportunity for continuing beyond high school or college

What are the pros & cons of individual vs team sports?

Do you think it is important to play in both types?

If so until what age?

Comments

• kcapkcap Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    TigerMom wrote:

I have a lot of experience and knowledge in junior Tennis, another individual lifetime sport

It seemed like a great sport, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of opportunity for continuing beyond high school or college

If so until what age?

What does this have to do with junior golf? or trying to get into an Ivy League college?
  • TigerMomTigerMom Posts: 222 ✭✭
    kcap wrote:

TigerMom wrote:

If so until what age?

What does this have to do with junior golf? or trying to get into an Ivy League college?

I am trying to understand whether it is important to play team sports in order to be good at golf

There was an article on the main website titled “Is golf a team sport”

Why is everyone so cynical about everything I write?
  • leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    TigerMom wrote:
    kcap wrote:

TigerMom wrote:

If so until what age?

I am trying to understand whether it is important to play team sports in order to be good at golf

There was an article on the main website titled “Is golf a team sport”

Why is everyone so cynical about everything I write?

Nobody believes you are for real. You're going to need to prove that somehow.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.