2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Best push carts?

You won't go wrong with the Clicgear 3.5, however if you want to save some serious $ check out the CaddyTek at Costco. Very similar design, at a very high quality. Comes standard with drink holder handle net storage pocket , umbrella holder and cooler pocket. It's compact when folded for easy storage.

Its push for me

I have a 3.5+. It’s nice.

I heard about Big Max carts on here. Golf Galaxy has them in stock. I thought, “How good can they be? They’re $300!”

After messing around for about 45 minutes in store, OMG, I’d get one instantly. If money is no object, those Big Max carts are the greatest I’ve seen.

I’m too cheap to pay that much, but if I can find a sale or find a cart on EBay for 1/2 that, I’m getting one.

I couldn’t decide which I liked better, the 3-wheel or 4-wheel. If I was paying retail, I guess I’d go with the cart that folds up smallest.

If you have a golf galaxy around, or maybe even Dicks, you owe it to yourself to take a look at them.

Big Max will be my next push cart purchase. I may even pay retail. Life is too short to worry about an extra $100 on a cart I’ll have for 500-1000 rounds. It really is that good. Better than a 3.5+ in every single way.

Just my opinion of course.

Not a fan of Caddytek, though they do get good reviews. Mine lasted about 2-3 years. On a few occasions the brake would lock and I couldn't get to release. I would have to readjust when I got home. And then one day the handle just collapsed down and would not stay upright. I contacted customer service about replacement parts and got this message from them :

"Unfortunately we don't carry the lock piece for replacement. Best choice is to recycle / throw out the cart."

So I tossed it and bought the Clicgear 3.5 (was not about to get a caddytek) and so far the Clicgear is going strong after almost two years - knock on wood.

I also have heard good things about Sun Mountain as well.

All push carts are bad now that pneumatic tires are no longer used. Everyone else seems to love Clicgear, but I've bought 3 and they have been nothing but rubbish. I yearn for the early Sun Mountain days, when manufacturers actually knew how to produce a quality push cart.

This!! Get a rubber tire Sun Mountain from ebay

• Like 1

I have a 3.5+. It's nice.

I heard about Big Max carts on here. Golf Galaxy has them in stock. I thought, "How good can they be? They're $300!"

After messing around for about 45 minutes in store, OMG, I'd get one instantly. If money is no object, those Big Max carts are the greatest I've seen.

I'm too cheap to pay that much, but if I can find a sale or find a cart on EBay for 1/2 that, I'm getting one.

I couldn't decide which I liked better, the 3-wheel or 4-wheel. If I was paying retail, I guess I'd go with the cart that folds up smallest.

If you have a golf galaxy around, or maybe even Dicks, you owe it to yourself to take a look at them.

Big Max will be my next push cart purchase. I may even pay retail. Life is too short to worry about an extra $100 on a cart I'll have for 500-1000 rounds. It really is that good. Better than a 3.5+ in every single way.

What makes them so great and better than others??

I heard about Big Max carts on here. Golf Galaxy has them in stock. I thought, "How good can they be? They're $300!"

After messing around for about 45 minutes in store, OMG, I'd get one instantly. If money is no object, those Big Max carts are the greatest I've seen.

I'm too cheap to pay that much, but if I can find a sale or find a cart on EBay for 1/2 that, I'm getting one.

I couldn't decide which I liked better, the 3-wheel or 4-wheel. If I was paying retail, I guess I'd go with the cart that folds up smallest.

Big Max will be my next push cart purchase. I may even pay retail. Life is too short to worry about an extra $100 on a cart I'll have for 500-1000 rounds. It really is that good. Better than a 3.5+ in every single way.

What makes them so great and better than others??

Easy fold. Folds up small. The bag is more vertical and easier to get clubs in and out. It weighs less. A real cup holder.

I'm a couple of rounds in with my Bag Boy Quad XL. So far I absolutely love it. Easy to push and made with quality components. It also folds up extremely small. I have a small sports car and it fits in my trunk with my clubs and all my other golf "stuff" with absolutely no issues.

I have the original Bag Boy Quad. It's great. I'd buy another one.

• 3 months later...

I'm curious. I bought a Bagboy Lite pull cart at Costco over 10 years ago for around $80 and have been using it ever since, averaging around 40 rounds/year, so maybe 400 rounds on a pretty hilly course. There are probably less than 2% of these that have survived what mine has suffered. I say this because I've had to make repairs on it (using my own tools, spare parts and considerable ingenuity) about 1/2 dozen times. The last time was around 6 weeks ago when the aluminum spine snapped in two. I made a surgical repair like an orthopedic surgeon might if your femur snapped in two, using a steel rod and perpendicular bolts and nuts. All for the love of golf because I didn't want to trek over to a store or wait for an order to ship. Also, just plain pride in fixing things motivates me to do that when I can.

I was paired with a guy yesterday who's using a Caddytek Caddylite EZ push cart and he said it was way easier on his body than the pull cart he used to use. He recommends it or a Clickgear. I have done some online research since. The downsides to these push carts, aside from the cost and risk of less than wonderful durability, construction issues and customer service (I've read of several for both brands in owner reviews) is that it's apparently necessary to remove your golf bag from a push cart when placing your equipment back in your car. My current pull cart easily collapses and folds with the bag/clubs attached when I put them in the trunk of my sedan. Ten seconds is all that's needed to do that or remove and uncollapse next time I play or go to the range. However, I'm curious if the ergonomics (ease of use) compared to my pull cart on the course would offset the inconvenience issue of having to separate the bag from the cart when removing or replacing my clubs in the trunk of my car.

Comments?

I'm a couple of rounds in with my Bag Boy Quad XL. So far I absolutely love it. Easy to push and made with quality components. It also folds up extremely small. I have a small sports car and it fits in my trunk with my clubs and all my other golf "stuff" with absolutely no issues.

I'm liking the look of this right now (not just the looks!). Cheaper than the clickgear 3.5+, and caddytek caddylite EZ, lighter, more upright (easier removal and insertion of clubs), has hand brake release (which caddytek does not), only have to attach at top, not two places, folds easy and fast. May be issue with umbrella holder not working for you unless you get attachment, not sure about that and may be hard to find umbrella that fits in it, according to a review I saw. However, it's got my top attention ATM.

Comments?

I'd rather carry than use a pull cart. I had a pull cart, pitched it, carried for a couple years, now use a clic gear 3.5.

I just ordered the Bag Boy Quad XL push cart off Ebay. Watched 3 videos. That thing opens and closes so much easier than the clickgear or caddytek caddylite EZ it isn't funny. Their open/close systems are absolutely nutty, watched some videos.

The company's spec on it is 14.2lb, which is more than 4lb lighter than those others. Velcro strap at top, no strapping needed at bottom. If you're nervous you could add strapping or bungee. I don't think I will miss the bag staying strapped to the cart all that much, partly because there's only one strap to deal with and it looks simple and fast to use. This is more vertical than most and that's a big plus.

Cheaper to boot. Aluminum construction and 4 tires should be more stable than the 3 tire ones. My home course requires stability. Gets very high ratings at Amazon. I anticipate being very happy I got it.

Take a look at a Stewart Golf Cart - have had one for almost a year - made in England.

https://www.stewartgolfusa.com

• Like 1

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

After purchasing a Big Max Blade IP push cart I can say that I really like it. It pushes well, stays straight, is lighter than my friend's Clic Gear 3.5+ and folds very small. I wanted the small folding size so it would easily fit in my midsize sedan trunk. I am currently using a stand bag and have had no issues with it securely holding the bag or experienced twisting issues. I have purchased the rangefinder holder and cooler bag and I like they can remain on the cart when folded. Also, they offer a large net that can hold other gear if necessary. It does have some drawbacks that may might be deal breakers for some. The compartment by the handle is a little small and will not fit a modern cell phone. They're saying it will fit iPhone 6 sized phone but my 8+ does not fit. It does however, hold my wallet and keys very easily with room to spare. Also, the GPS holder is too small to hold my phone as well so it has to go in the bag. Not a huge deal but my course has an app with GPS and a scoring feature so it is sometimes nice to have it easily accessible. Overall, I really like the cart and am happy with the purchase but if you require your cell phone on you or easily accessible you may be dissapointed. Additionally, I emailed their customer service prior to my order and they were very quick to respond and even offered a discount code which sealed my decision to order. Not the cheapest cart on the market but I am very happy with the purchase and it meets my needs well.

Titleist TSr3, 10, Fujikura Ventus Black 6x

Titleist TSi3, 15, Mitsubishi Chemical AV Raw Blue 75-TX

Titleist 915fD 18, Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 8.2X

Titleist T100 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM9 50F, 54F, 60D, Dynamic Gold S400
LAB Mezz.1 Max
Titleist ProV1x 

• 5 months later...

> @Muse said:

> I'm curious. I bought a Bagboy Lite pull cart at Costco over 10 years ago for around $80 and have been using it ever since, averaging around 40 rounds/year, so maybe 400 rounds on a pretty hilly course. There are probably less than 2% of these that have survived what mine has suffered. I say this because I've had to make repairs on it (using my own tools, spare parts and considerable ingenuity) about 1/2 dozen times. The last time was around 6 weeks ago when the aluminum spine snapped in two. I made a surgical repair like an orthopedic surgeon might if your femur snapped in two, using a steel rod and perpendicular bolts and nuts. All for the love of golf because I didn't want to trek over to a store or wait for an order to ship. Also, just plain pride in fixing things motivates me to do that when I can.

>

>

>

> I was paired with a guy yesterday who's using a Caddytek Caddylite EZ push cart and he said it was way easier on his body than the pull cart he used to use. He recommends it or a Clickgear. I have done some online research since. The downsides to these push carts, aside from the cost and risk of less than wonderful durability, construction issues and customer service (I've read of several for both brands in owner reviews) is that it's apparently necessary to remove your golf bag from a push cart when placing your equipment back in your car. My current pull cart easily collapses and folds with the bag/clubs attached when I put them in the trunk of my sedan. Ten seconds is all that's needed to do that or remove and uncollapse next time I play or go to the range. However, I'm curious if the ergonomics (ease of use) compared to my pull cart on the course would offset the inconvenience issue of having to separate the bag from the cart when removing or replacing my clubs in the trunk of my car.

>

>

>

> Comments?

Love yr repair stories! Pushing still better. On top of that, mods you could make 2 Clicgear frame are mind boggling. Worth trying!

Ive had both Clicgear and Costco one. I sold the Clicgear and kept Costco. The differences are so small. Costco one maybe folds up faster/easier than Clicgear.

But I like to me a little more mobile and don't like having to carry the cart in my trunk so Im currently looking for lightest weight bag that still has some features to go back to carrying. Also I think its more work to push them up hills.

> @FlyingLaw1 said:

> I'm a couple of rounds in with my Bag Boy Quad XL. So far I absolutely love it. Easy to push and made with quality components. It also folds up extremely small. I have a small sports car and it fits in my trunk with my clubs and all my other golf "stuff" with absolutely no issues.

I've had my bag Boy Quad XL for over year and would recommend it to my own mother without hesitation.

> @aadadams said:

> > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > I'm a couple of rounds in with my Bag Boy Quad XL. So far I absolutely love it. Easy to push and made with quality components. It also folds up extremely small. I have a small sports car and it fits in my trunk with my clubs and all my other golf "stuff" with absolutely no issues.

>

> I've had my bag Boy Quad XL for over year and would recommend it to my own mother without hesitation.

Yup... I've had it since mid-last season. Still love it just as much as when it was new. My lower back loves it too!!

> @EddieEdwards said:

>

> I'd rather carry than use a pull cart. I had a pull cart, pitched it, carried for a couple years, now use a clic gear 3.5.

I started with a pull cart, and noticed that it was causing discomfort in my shoulder. Ergonomically, it's not good for the body. I suppose if you're always on a cart path, it wouldn't be as big a problem. Like having a push cart now.

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5 GD Tour AD Red 55 S
4W: Callaway Mavrik 16.5
Hyb: Wishon 2 & 3 (18*, 21*)
Redbird Avian Forged 5-GW
SW/LW: Miura 56*, 60* K grind

Putter: Miura KM008
Srixon Q Star soon to try Vice Pro Zero

• 4 months later...

> @ode1 said:

> Clic gear 3.0 going on 7 years, 150+ rounds per year....it's easily the best investment in golf I've ever made.

My Clicgear (either 1.0 or 2.0?) is now late in it's 10th year, with a similar number of yearly rounds. I'd sort of like to get a new one with fresh paint, but the damn thing is indestructible! It's the best engineered thing I've ever owned, and I'm including my Toyota pickup that I drove for 300k when I say that. My dollars/round cost now is less than $0.25.

Nothing else folds up smaller, or tips over less, or has better accessories, or lasts as long. Just a crazy good piece of golf equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a BagBoy Nitron push cart and used it for the first time yesterday. I love it! The obvious advantage it has is how easily and quickly it opens and closes. Literally just pull the handle and its open, then flip up the handle. Same thing to close it, it just closes like a book and is small when closed. It rolls VERY smoothly and straight. It has a great built-in cupholder. It has storage both on top in the glove box and the hanging net below the glove box. The brake works easily. Ive seen some people say that a big bag doesnt fit well, but I use a Cobra cart bag that is pretty big and heavy (I really need to remove some stuff) and it was fine. And its stable. I let it go down several hills ahead of me and it never acted like it wanted to flip over.

Time will tell about durability but so far I am quite stoked.