Club Fitter in Atlanta

Does anyone know a reliable and trust worthy club fitter in the Atlanta area? I may need to make some lie, length and weight adjustments to my irons. I had a “go to” guy in Chicago that I trusted and had tour experience but unfortunately I don’t live near him anymore.
Taylormade M3 Driver 9.5
Titleist 816 H1 17 2 hybrid
Titleist 716 Cb 3-PW
Vokey SM5 52 F, 56 S, 60 S
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comments

• bluedotbluedot Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭
    If you are just looking for work to be done, and you already know the specs you want at a reasonable price, take them to Wright North at the PGA Superstore in Roswell. He's been a club guy for 40 plus years; crusty, but really good at what he does.

If you're looking for input on the specs, try the Golf Doctor in Woodstock, who also will do repair to the specs you say you want.
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    I’m south of Atl but close enough that it’s not trouble to get to so I’m interested as well. I saw that there is a Club Champion in Atl, I’ve read mixed reviews on that company as a whole but haven’t heard nothing about the Atlanta location. Not sure if they do club work but it would seem like they would.?
  • tbrumbeloe13tbrumbeloe13 GeorgiaMembers Posts: 692 ✭✭
    The Golf Doctor in Woodstock is pretty good. Chad's a good guy that used to work at my course, and he's fit a lot of guys, even Dr. J. I go to him any time I need something done.
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    Another Golf Doctor vote...In Woodstock...
  • Weezer2Weezer2 Posts: 120 ✭✭
    If you need club work DO NOT go to PGATSS Roswell. The club techs there are old and grumpy and their work is shoddy at best. I bought a driver from them last month and asked for three things 1. Cut length to 44.5 inches 2. Change out the weights to adjust the swing weight back up to D3 and 3. When replacing the grip take the old tape off so there is just one layer of tape.

After one round I could tell things were way off. Took it to my tech, the length was 45 inches, the swing weight was D4 and there were two layers of tape underneath the grip.

If you just need club work and you can make it to Alpharetta go to Trader Golf. Their club tech is named Muncie and he is top notch.

If you need a fitting Club Champion in Sandy Springs or Golf Tech in Roswell are options. Not sure if they do the actual club work. PGATSS also has a tour van fitting but have not heard any reviews.
    Ping G400 Max 9* Alta CB
    Callaway X2 Hot 4 Wood 17* Aldila Tour Blue 60 Stiff
    TaylorMade Rescue Dual 19* Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Mizuno EZ Forged 4-GW XP 95 Stiff
    Cleveland CBX 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Odyssey #7 White Ice - 34 inches
    Srixon Q Star Tour
  • darkcm21darkcm21 Members Posts: 67
    Weezer2, the double tape pisses me off. Unless I ask for that, it needs to be removed. It just shows me how lazy they are. I regrip my own clubs now because of that.
    Taylormade M3 Driver 9.5
    Titleist 816 H1 17 2 hybrid
    Titleist 716 Cb 3-PW
    Vokey SM5 52 F, 56 S, 60 S
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • SixSixGolfSixSixGolf Posts: 383 ✭✭
    Weezer2 wrote:

If you need club work DO NOT go to PGATSS Roswell. The club techs there are old and grumpy and their work is shoddy at best. I bought a driver from them last month and asked for three things 1. Cut length to 44.5 inches 2. Change out the weights to adjust the swing weight back up to D3 and 3. When replacing the grip take the old tape off so there is just one layer of tape.

After one round I could tell things were way off.

This is my experience too. They cut corners and everything is close but not quite right. I build my own clubs now.
    You can go to PGASS in Kennesaw. Jack is my guy there and is the man for club building!
  • tbrumbeloe13tbrumbeloe13 GeorgiaMembers Posts: 692 ✭✭

You can go to PGASS in Kennesaw. Jack is my guy there and is the man for club building!
    I always go to Kennesaw over Roswell. People working there seem much nicer and willing to help versus Roswell just making money. I know Roswell is their HQ store, but Kennesaw is much better. John does a good job there with fittings.
  • SUMM1TSUMM1T Members Posts: 853 ✭✭
    If you ever feel like making the drive to Nashville, bring them to me and I would be happy to get you all set. My facility has 3 Trackman's, Gear's Golf, SAM Putt Lab and 5 different artificial turfs all indoors. I used to know a few guys in Atlanta that were great, but they have since moved to other cities.
    SUMM1T wrote:

If you ever feel like making the drive to Nashville, bring them to me and I would be happy to get you all set. My facility has 3 Trackman's, Gear's Golf, SAM Putt Lab and 5 different artificial turfs all indoors. I used to know a few guys in Atlanta that were great, but they have since moved to other cities.

Great to know man. Might take you up on that one of these days.
  • p3gap3ga Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    SUMM1T wrote:

* Perfect excuse to get in another round or seven at Sweetens Cove...
    Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London

All the clubs I've ever owned.
  • Look into Dana Upshaw or chip usher. Chip usher is phenominal
  • GehlyGehly ClubWRX Posts: 1,976 ClubWRX
    Chip is in Savannah

I live in Atl area and send him stuff when want it done right

also used PGASS in Cobb, or there's club builder now working at Fox Creek in Smyrna (also new fitting facility there)
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 669 ✭✭
    Anyone good on the southside? I live in Peachtree City, but if need be I can make the trip north
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • FunksterFunkster Members Posts: 1

@8iron175 said:
    Look into Dana Upshaw or chip usher. Chip usher is phenominal

I think Dana is retired I am looking for a good fitter here as well. I live in East Cobb. I had a friend who used to build my clubs but he passed away.