Odyssey Microhinge - O-Works vs EXO

2»

Comments

• NorthMNgolferNorthMNgolfer ClubWRX Posts: 301
    I had a chance to putt with the EXO Rossie S last night VS my O-Works #1 Wide Red S on the course. Those two faces are really close as far as firmness but a different sound for sure I thought which might play into how people perceive the firmness on them. But you can put me in the EXO feels a bot softer crowd I really liked the Rossie as a Mid Mallet (large side of that group) and might pick one up just in case I want to try out a mallet again for a bit. I thought it rolled the ball just as well as my O-Works does. But for now the O-works is working so it's staying in the bag.
    My Current Bag.

Callaway Rouge 9* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 65
    Taylormade M1 3 HL Wood - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 75
    Taylormade GAPR 2 - HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Taylormade M1 4h -
    Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
    Taylormade Hi Toe 50*
    Taylormade Hi Toe 56*
    Taylormade Hi Tow 60*
    Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S - Flat Cat Tak
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,299 ✭✭
    tim583 wrote:

MrShield wrote:

According to the EXO interview with Odyssey the EXO insert is firmer than O-Works. Not as an perception, but as an actual fact.

I thought that was in reference to the 2 Ball, which is a different construction. I may be wrong. It's a different color insert.

The 2 Ball microhinge putters that I've seen have exactly the same face as the other microhinges. Same color as well.

When discussing "feel" it really doesn't matter which really is firmer.

I went back to the o works but it was more about size of the head than the insert. Exo 7 just seems huge

EXO #7 is huge compared to the O-works #7

ANY SITE GUIDANCE I OFFER, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, IS REFERRING TO THE "DESKTOP/FULL" VERSION

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP-1, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64 DGS300

Taylormade Spidex-X Blue/single white line (Today - always subject to change)
    Titleist AVX
  • stoneydukesstoneydukes ClubWRX Posts: 294 ClubWRX

I had a chance to putt with the EXO Rossie S last night VS my O-Works #1 Wide Red S on the course. Those two faces are really close as far as firmness but a different sound for sure I thought which might play into how people perceive the firmness on them. But you can put me in the EXO feels a bot softer crowd I really liked the Rossie as a Mid Mallet (large side of that group) and might pick one up just in case I want to try out a mallet again for a bit. I thought it rolled the ball just as well as my O-Works does. But for now the O-works is working so it's staying in the bag.

I just bought a black version of the 1W S. Would you say you have a SBST, slight arc, or strong arc stroke? I think I'm mostly SBST and haven't hit the practice green yet. Hoping the slant neck works okay with my stroke.
    Cobra F9 10.5 Avalanche HZRDUS Smoke 60S
    Cobra F7 3-4 15.5* Fujikura Pro 65S
    Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 Recoil 95 F4
    Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-PW NS Pro 1150GH S
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54, 60
    EvnRoll ER2
  • NorthMNgolferNorthMNgolfer ClubWRX Posts: 301

I just bought a black version of the 1W S. Would you say you have a SBST, slight arc, or strong arc stroke? I think I'm mostly SBST and haven't hit the practice green yet. Hoping the slant neck works okay with my stroke.

I would say I have a very slight arc to my putting.
    My Current Bag.

Callaway Rouge 9* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 65
    Taylormade M1 3 HL Wood - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 75
    Taylormade GAPR 2 - HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Taylormade M1 4h -
    Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
    Taylormade Hi Toe 50*
    Taylormade Hi Toe 56*
    Taylormade Hi Tow 60*
    Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S - Flat Cat Tak
  • JDSPGAJDSPGA Members Posts: 404 ✭✭
    EXO is firmer for sure. I used the O works 2 ball all last season and switched to the Exo 7 on release. Firmer.
    Callaway Staff/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff

Callaway Epic Flash SZ - Helium Proto 4F5
    Callaway Epic Flash 3+ - Elements Gold 6F4
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W - Elements Gold 6F4
    Callaway Apex 4 Hybrid - Recoil Hybrid Prototype 85F4
    Callaway Apex Pro 19 5-PW - Recoil 80
    Callaway MD4 50, PM Grind 54, 58 - Recoil 95
    Directed Force - Stability Shaft
    Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow

rsz_1yoimy69p_400x400.jpg rsz_1rsz_2pgapro.jpg
  • ttm27ttm27 Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    Like the o-works line much better. Absolutely hated the feel of the Exo’s.
  • doglover72doglover72 Members Posts: 1,062 ✭✭

To me the o-works feels mushy off the face where as the exo still feels soft but solid. I much prefer the feel of the new exo in my 7s.

This
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,178 ClubWRX
    I think a lot of these comparisons only show what people like, not that one insert is better or worse. I have been rolling both of these and while they are different, I don’t really feel like OWorks is mushy. I am sure it performs really well. It definitely gets the ball rolling. I like the Jailbird Mini feel and it only comes in microhinge (maybe EXO someday?) The EXO is a little livelier for sure, which does not mean it puts a better roll on the ball.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • tim583tim583 Posts: 334 ✭✭
    nsxguy wrote:

tim583 wrote:

MrShield wrote:

According to the EXO interview with Odyssey the EXO insert is firmer than O-Works. Not as an perception, but as an actual fact.

I thought that was in reference to the 2 Ball, which is a different construction. I may be wrong. It's a different color insert.

The 2 Ball microhinge putters that I've seen have exactly the same face as the other microhinges. Same color as well.

I went back to the o works but it was more about size of the head than the insert. Exo 7 just seems huge

I was talking about the 2 ball exo vs other exo. Seems to be a different construction.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,299 ✭✭
    tim583 wrote:

nsxguy wrote:

tim583 wrote:

MrShield wrote:

I was talking about the 2 ball exo vs other exo. Seems to be a different construction.

I know. That's why I quoted and responded to Rodrigo.

ANY SITE GUIDANCE I OFFER, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, IS REFERRING TO THE "DESKTOP/FULL" VERSION

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP-1, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64 DGS300

Taylormade Spidex-X Blue/single white line (Today - always subject to change)
    Titleist AVX
  • RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    I just like the smaller version of the 7s
2»