Titleist 910h 21º
    Srixon Z745 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey, 52.08, 56.14, 60v
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 11
    Srixon ZStar
    Hdcp 7
  • No, I am 44.
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭
    I don’t use them myself, but if you like them then use them.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,826 ✭✭
    I use two iron covers to stop the clanking in the row of irons, also have two driving irons at 21* and 25* which have wool covers on them.
  • BigBodBigBod Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    It's a no from me. Wet heads and iron covers don't mix if you leave em that way....
  • kiddockiddoc Members Posts: 607 ✭✭
    Only when we fly....
  • JayMattJayMatt Members Posts: 92
    Nope. Don’t like em. Plus I’m not concerned about trying to keep a set pristine for year and years. Most likely going to swap them out every 3-4 years anyways.
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members Posts: 378 ✭✭
    Not a chance I'd even consider using them.

I lose enough headcovers as it is - more junk to keep track of would not be good for me or my game.

I like the sound of clubs rattling around when I walk - it's part of the rhythm of the game to me.

I don't mind the little nicks and marks they get over time from banging against each other. It lets me know they're "my" clubs - sorta like a favorite pair of jeans or a baseball glove. I have no interest in reselling clubs or preserving their like-new condition. They're mine unless I decide to give them away to a friend or relative.
  • BenSeattleBenSeattle Members Posts: 531 ✭✭
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #40
    Covers for irons rank right up there with wristwatch score clickers, flaps on your golf shoes and knickers as though you're desperate to emulate Gene Sarazen or Payne Stewart. So why do I use them?

Some 15 years ago I thought of going to graphite shafts so I found a set of brand-new TaylorMade RAC LT's on Ebay. It was an experiment so rather than banging up a set of irons that I might turn around and sell in a few weeks, I slipped neoprene covers on every one. Today, 15 years later, the same irons are still in the bag and the covers are still on the irons. And they continue to look BRAND FREAKING NEW. While I had resale in mind, I haven't given a thought to selling because: 1) the irons work beautifully and 2) they look even better.

And after years of playing with both trash-talking friends and pickup games with strangers, NOT ONCE has anyone given me a hard time about the covers.... or asked why... or even noticed. For record, I've never lost a headcover. Of course, using slip-ons does add to the time it requires to hit a shot: two seconds to take it off and two seconds to put it back on.
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,190 ClubWRX
    I used to, but stopped a few years ago. Too much hassle and didn’t really improve resale. I take great care of my sticks, but they really just golf clubs that I use to hit the dirt with.
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Atmos Black TS 6x<br />Taylormade M6 Rocket 3 w/Atmos Black 7s<br />Taylormade p790 3-pw <br />Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 720 ✭✭
    BenSeattle wrote:

And after years of playing with both trash-talking friends and pickup games with strangers, NOT ONCE has anyone given me a hard time about the covers.... or asked why... or even noticed. For record, I've never lost a headcover. Of course, using slip-ons does add to the time it requires to hit a shot: two seconds to take it off and two seconds to put it back on.

Exactly. There's no way to know what people are thinking, but the only criticism of iron headcovers I've encountered has come from those protected by keyboard anonymity. In real life nobody gives a ****.
  • adizeroadizero Members Posts: 577
    Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

Pull the club. Remove cover. Slip in back pocket. Hit shot. Wipe club (optional), Put cover back on. Put club back in bag. I can do it in my sleep and as quick as my buddy who doesn't use them.

If you want to see what two sets of 20 year old clubs look like with using head covers send me a PM. I play about thirty to fifty rounds a year.
    Nike Covert 2.0 10.5*
    Callaway Fusion 13.5*
    KZG Forged II M CB 3-PW Rifle 5.5 +1"
    Cleveland T/A 900 Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
    Ping Anser 35" (2001)
    OGIO Sport "Stinger SKV" bag
    TaylorMade TPx, Callaway Chrome+, Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 580 ✭✭
    Adizero summed it up perfectly...no time lost, no bag chatter, higher resale value, and who GAF what other people think?
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,172 ClubWRX
    edited Apr 9, 2019 2:28pm #45

@WillyL said:
    Ive never used them before, but I just bought a new set of Mizzys and it kills me when I ride to hear the clubs clanking against each other. So yes, I now have them. I told myself I would take them off when I walk(95%of the time), but I haven't!! The guys call them Club Condoms!!/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    MCC Align Midsize
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    edited Apr 9, 2019 7:37pm #46

Hey Socrates. You forgot the sole tape😉.

Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
2»