Son, 11, consistently scores better in front 9 than back 9

2»

Comments

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,015 ✭✭

Fatigue is likely the answer.

Quick question: is he playing the same 18 hole course?

If so, is it possible that the back 9 is just more difficult?

OP already answered the question in the thread. It was mental fatigue due to nutrition.
  • joey2acesjoey2aces not as smart as most but not as gullible either Members Posts: 5,881 ✭✭
    cigar and a beer at the turn.
    Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
    2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
    M2 4h AD DI 8s
    Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
    718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
    Scratch 53 Modus 125
    Scratch 57 Modus 125
    PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

WITB Link
  • tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,015 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:

There was nothing in the OP's original post that mentioned nutrition. You are entitled to raise your children as you see fit. The question for a 11yr old child was why his score was off on the back nine, I'm saying he or she is 11 and why even care if he is enjoying the activity. Different perspectives my comment was a little harsh for that I apologize.

Not sure about you but at 11 is when you start to really notice these things because they start to play a lot more holes. Everyone struggles with fatigue and the kids need to learn to overcome it.

Pushing yourself to go father is not just golf but in every other sport and life. It also called learning to do hard work and that something that you have to learn in life those that don’t usually don’t do well in life.

When it comes to nutrition it is very important. Wonder why places like google offer free lunches and energy drinks for employees. They learned employees make better choices when they have good nutrition. Golf is no different and a tired and hungry player will make stupid mistakes.

2»