Callaway Epic 18* HZRDUS T800
    Ping G 22* Alta 70
    Ping G 26* Alta 70
    Ping G 6-UW SteelFiber i95
    Callaway MD3 54*
    Callaway MD PM 58*
    Ping Sigma G Tyne
  • lil'mikelil'mike Members Posts: 1,264 ✭✭
    The prior gen CS's are great golf balls and my go to ball. I haven't hit the 2018 model yet with the graphene but will soon since I have some here, just trying to get down stock wise on the older ones.

I have heard great things on the new one so you should grab a sleeve of them to try anyway and stock up on a few dozen or so of the prior gen ones! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Little NedLittle Ned Members Posts: 935 ✭✭
    lil wrote:
    The prior gen CS's are great golf balls and my go to ball. I haven't hit the 2018 model yet with the graphene but will soon since I have some here, just trying to get down stock wise on the older ones.

I have heard great things on the new one so you should grab a sleeve of them to try anyway and stock up on a few dozen or so of the prior gen ones! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I will but I’m gonna go through the 2 dozen Truvis pink I just bought. Plus, I may buy more at that price.
    Ping G 9* + 1* Tour 65
    Ping G 14.5* + 1* Alta 65
    Callaway Epic 18* HZRDUS T800
    Ping G 22* Alta 70
    Ping G 26* Alta 70
    Ping G 6-UW SteelFiber i95
    Callaway MD3 54*
    Callaway MD PM 58*
    Ping Sigma G Tyne
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 582 ✭✭
    lil wrote:

Thirty a dozen is a pretty good price on last year's model, which was my 'gamer' until new ones came out.

I find the new ones spin a little better, sound better (to me) off the putter and are longer off driver than previous model. Great balls IMO.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • SummaSumma Members Posts: 14
    I wanted to line these balls. I just can’t. I seem to really lose distance off the tee with them. Am I the only one?
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    I have 9 dozen 2016 version and it has become my gamer especially for tournaments.

Only thing it doesn't do well is it seems to lose distance hitting Driver or fairway metal into a headwind. Not a big deal I guess for how often it happens but twice this weekend once on Saturday and once on Sunday I hit great drives that came up 20 yards short of where my other game, 2017 Srixon XV would have been on a similar shot.

I may tinker with the CSX and see if it handles the wind a tad better. Or I might pick up some Chrome Speed that are currently available for $22 a dozen. I really like the Truvis style so I might start with the CSX.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow