Anyone ever seen these vintage clubs?

Found an older set of irons. Took em home to test and they were great. But I would like some information on them and I cannot find anything online about them.

Anyone ever seen these?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mocokidmocokid Members Posts: 1,710 ✭✭
    looks like component clubs, not my style baby.....
  • dcopp7dcopp7 Members Posts: 932 ✭✭
    Look sort of like Pat Simmons clones
    Callaway Hyper X 9* what's the point?

Taylormade (original) RBZ 15* 3W

Cleveland Launcher 3W 15*

Synchron Vespa 19* hybrid

Orlimar 23* 7W

Dynacraft Prophet CB flexface 5i-PW

Acer XB 52* & 58* wedges

Orlimar putter
  • ShallowfaceShallowface Members Posts: 1,441 ✭✭

Found an older set of irons. Took em home to test and they were great. But I would like some information on them and I cannot find anything online about them.

Anyone ever seen these?

Not familiar with them, but the fact that you hit them well is the only thing that matters.

The ball has no idea what brand is stamped on the club, whether the head is forged or cast, component or OEM or what kind of pedigree the club has, if one can apply such a word as "pedigree" to a bludgeon.

There may be no greater joy in the game then to take a set such as you have there and go out and shoot low scores and beat your buddies and their big name gear. "Whatever Works" is the only thing that matters when it comes to golf equipment.
  • TimVTimV Members Posts: 1,484 ✭✭
    My favorite golf saying...

It's not how.

Just how many.
    All Forged, all the time.
    The Sets that see regular playing time...
    67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
    71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
    95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
    2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.
  • Thanks for the replies. I agree that branding doesn't matter. I golf with a guy who swears buying a new 700 dollar set of clubs from his son is going to transform my game lol.

Can't fix a broken swing with me clubs lol. Either way, these old irons are very consistent in distance and the balance feels great for me, so I'm going to play em up!
  • rex235rex235 ClubWRX Posts: 3,959 ClubWRX
    edited Jul 7, 2018 #7
    ballshank-

Custom Golf?

Agree with Dcopp- Seems like some Pat Simmons "Tiger Shark" design is lurking in there.

"Vintage"?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DavewnDavewn Members Posts: 579 ✭✭
    rex235 wrote:

ballshank-

Custom Golf?

Agree with Dcopp- Seems like some Pat Simmons "Tiger Shark" design is lurking in there.

Agree on the Simmons/Tiger Shark vibe to those and that sole looks to have some Wilson X31 baked into it. They look pretty easy to elevate.
    Callaway RAZR Fit 10.5* Matrix Radix HD 6S
    Golfsmith HiCor Plus 400cc 13.5* Matrix VLCT-SP 70S
    Innovex RLS 17* 4 wood ProLaunch Blue 65S
    Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4 Hybrid Litespeed R
    Adams A7 5-GW UST Proforce 85R
    Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In SW 55/12 Cleveland Action Lite S
    Copper Classic I BeCu 60* SW Kunnan K91 Boron or Cleveland TA 900 60* Nicklaus Driveshaft R
    Slotline Inertial 35"
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Nope. Kinda retro-cool looking tho. Nice!
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    The Perfect Club 21*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    PING Eye 2 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback