Best stand bag for a Clicgear 3.5+?

icec0ldicec0ld Members Posts: 1,742 ✭✭
edited Jul 1, 2018 in Golf Bags/Carts/Headcovers #1
Just like the title says.... what is the best stand bag for the Clicgear 3.5+? Thanks!

Oh, and definitely not interested in the Clicgear B3

Comments

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,731 ClubWRX
    edited Jul 2, 2018 #2
    IMHO, anything with a flat bottom, i.e., no foot to kick the legs out.

I currently use a Ogio Cirrus stand bag and it works great on the Clicgear.

I used to have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and it is great on the Clicgear. But I wanted a stand bag for use at the range. So I got a SM C130 stand. It was awful on the Clickgear. Im sure the SM stand bags are designed to work on SM push carts. I found that the foot, and the stand legs on the C130 stand simply didn't sit well on the 3.5.

So I went looking for a new bag. I tested a bunch of bags at the PGA SS and the ones with a flat bottom set on the CG the best. Like the Ping Hoffer, Ogio stand bags, Titleist stand bags, etc. But those with a foot, like the SM and UA, would not sit with the back flat and would ultimately twist with use.

I would look for a bag that has the leg kick integrated in the base (a hinged base).

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • rebbyrebby CNH 320 ClubWRX Posts: 2,178 ✭✭
    I’ve been using one of the new Ben Hogan stand bags in mine. It’s been a great combination. You can’t go wrong with the price either.
    G400, Atmos FOH 6x | TEE CB Pro F2, Atmos Red 7x
    TM P730 3-PW, KBS $-Taper 125 - Miura 1957 2/4-PW, KBS Tour-V 125
    Ben Hogan TK 52/56/60, KBS Tour-V 120
    Mann Mini - Cameron CT | TP5x | My WITB Thread
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,841 ClubWRX
    edited Jul 2, 2018 #4
    I've used various OGIO stand bags (Grom, etc.) and Sun Mountain 4.5 bags with the CFB...they both work really well.

Interesting note...my wife had been using a bigger cart bag and switched to a small standbag (mainly because I complain about how much trunk space her cart bag took up and how bulky it was to handle)...the straps on the ClicGear got stretched out from the cart bag...so it isn't a tight hold on her stand bag. Might need to buy some new ones from ClicGear.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,958 ClubWRX
    So far my favorite is my Srixon Z Four. None of the pockets are restricted with the way the Clicgear straps hold the bag in and the bottom design fits perfect. Clubs have little to no tangle and it's super light. Has more pockets than I know what to do with really. Great all around bag.
    Ping G400 9* Proforce V2 66s
    Taylormade M2 15* Proforce V2 66s
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Srixon Z745 4-P PX 5.5 Flighted
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • JDFishJDFish Pickerington, OhioMembers Posts: 817 ✭✭
    I used to use a SM 4.5 and it worked fine
    Callaway Epic 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6S
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Callaway XR 5 wood/Titleist 913H 21* hybrid
    Ping i200 Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105S - 4-UW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54* and 58* S200
    Evnroll ER5 32"
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,841 ClubWRX
    Nixhex524 wrote:

So far my favorite is my Srixon Z Four. None of the pockets are restricted with the way the Clicgear straps hold the bag in and the bottom design fits perfect. Clubs have little to no tangle and it's super light. Has more pockets than I know what to do with really. Great all around bag.

You know...the pockets getting blocked was an issue for some of my Ogio bags. I believe both Sun Mountain and Ogio began making a "cart strap" feature in their bags so a ClicGear or cart strap wouldn't completely block the valuables pocket.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,958 ClubWRX
    Skaffa77 wrote:

Nixhex524 wrote:

You know...the pockets getting blocked was an issue for some of my Ogio bags. I believe both Sun Mountain and Ogio began making a "cart strap" feature in their bags so a ClicGear or cart strap wouldn't completely block the valuables pocket.

Yeah, I heard about that.... I had a Sun Mountain Three5 once, too... great bag, but the leg mechanism being on the outside of the bag made for a bad fit on the Clicgear... I bought the adapter but it still wasn't as good of a fit as I hoped for. In the end, I just decided I wanted a bag that fit properly. I stumbled on the Z Four and it has been the best bag I've had for the Clicgear so far.
    Ping G400 9* Proforce V2 66s
    Taylormade M2 15* Proforce V2 66s
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Srixon Z745 4-P PX 5.5 Flighted
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX Posts: 2,913 ClubWRX
    Get the for bag kit and you can use whatever bag you want; I had this with a stand bag and it was awesome.
    10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X<br />15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X<br />19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S<br />4-6 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Oban CT-115 S-<br />7-9 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 46/50/54/58 Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day)
  • thedurtydurdenthedurtydurden Members Posts: 268 ✭✭
    I had an Ogio Ozone on mine and it worked well. I just got a Titleist Staff Stand and it would barely rub on the front wheel, so I ended up getting the adapter as well as the pads for the top part and couldn't be happier.
    Tour Issue M2 Speeder Evo 2.0 Tour Spec 661X
    Titleist 917 F2 15 Speeder 757X
    Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana S+ 90X
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI 22 TIX100 AMT
    Nike VR Pro 5-P X100
    Cobra PUR 50, 55, 60 Versatile
    Scotty Cameron
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,125 ✭✭
    AUDuffer wrote:

Get the for bag kit and you can use whatever bag you want; I had this with a stand bag and it was awesome.

Is this what you’re referring to?

https://www.clicgearusa.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=CGB001

Or is it something else.

I also have the twisting issues with my SM four5 on the 3.5+.
  • thedurtydurdenthedurtydurden Members Posts: 268 ✭✭
    th6252 wrote:

AUDuffer wrote:

Is this what you're referring to?

https://www.clicgear...ductCode=CGB001

Or is it something else.

That will lift the bag above the wheel. I have that and the Bag Cozy, which is velcro with some pads that go at the top and fit between the legs to prevent twisting.
    Tour Issue M2 Speeder Evo 2.0 Tour Spec 661X
    Titleist 917 F2 15 Speeder 757X
    Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana S+ 90X
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI 22 TIX100 AMT
    Nike VR Pro 5-P X100
    Cobra PUR 50, 55, 60 Versatile
    Scotty Cameron
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,125 ✭✭

th6252 wrote:

AUDuffer wrote:

Is this what you're referring to?

[url=&quot;https://www.clicgearusa.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=CGB001&quot;]https://www.clicgear...ductCode=CGB001[/url]

Or is it something else.

That will lift the bag above the wheel. I have that and the Bag Cozy, which is velcro with some pads that go at the top and fit between the legs to prevent twisting.

Yeah, just saw the cozy you were talking about. That looks like it should help solve my twisting problems, thanks!
  • AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX Posts: 2,913 ClubWRX
    th6252 wrote:

AUDuffer wrote:

Is this what you’re referring to?

https://www.clicgearusa.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=CGB001

Or is it something else.

This is the one and I don't remember twisting issues with it installed.

http://www.clicgear.com/accessories/tour-bag-kit.php
    10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X<br />15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X<br />19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S<br />4-6 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Oban CT-115 S-<br />7-9 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 46/50/54/58 Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day)
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,014 ClubWRX
    Currently I have a Sun Mountain Hybrid, but you can use most stand bags if you get this accessory:

http://www.clicgearusa.com/clicgear_accessories_p/cgbc02.htm
    Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • TheRavenTheRaven Members Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I recently purchased a Ping Pioneer and it has worked. Out very well. It sits well on the cart. It doesn't rub on the wheel. All the pockets are easy to access. Plenty of room and pretty light for all it offers. The cooler is great.
    Driver: Ping G25 10.5°
    4w: Ping G25 16.5°
    3h: Ping G20 20°
    4i-U: Ping i20
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56° & 60°
    Putter: Ping Scottsdale Anser Remake BeNi
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
    Ball: Bridgestone e6
  • C-radC-rad Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭
    So anyone tried the hoofer 2018 on the clicgear?

I have a 2016 sun mountain 3.5 and it just dont work on my clicgear. Does the hoofer is better?
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • Matt023Matt023 Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Sun mountain sync bag

• NeuroticaNeurotica Rush is a band! Members Posts: 760 ✭✭
    dbdors wrote:

IMHO, anything with a flat bottom, i.e., no foot to kick the legs out.

I currently use a Ogio Cirrus stand bag and it works great on the Clicgear.

I used to have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and it is great on the Clicgear. But I wanted a stand bag for use at the range. So I got a SM C130 stand. It was awful on the Clickgear. Im sure the SM stand bags are designed to work on SM push carts. I found that the foot, and the stand legs on the C130 stand simply didn't sit well on the 3.5.

So I went looking for a new bag. I tested a bunch of bags at the PGA SS and the ones with a flat bottom set on the CG the best. Like the Ping Hoffer, Ogio stand bags, Titleist stand bags, etc. But those with a foot, like the SM and UA, would not sit with the back flat and would ultimately twist with use.

I would look for a bag that has the leg kick integrated in the base (a hinged base).

I had the same problem with the C130S twisting. The bag has elastic holders for the leg ejection mechanism... if you use these (keeps the legs from kicking out) the bag does not twist. Best of both worlds!
    M4 HZRDUS BLACK 65 S Gripmaster wrap black perforated
    G400 3W Alta CB 65 S Gripmaster wrap blue cap
    G400 19* Hybrid Alta CB 70 S Gripmaster wrap blue cap
    G30 22* Hybrid TFC 419H S Gripmaster wrap black perforated
    i500 5-U Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 105 +1/2" green dot Gripmaster wrap blue cap
    Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges 54*/58* Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 105 S +1/2" blue dot Gripmaster wrap blue cap
    Vault Anser 2 Slate PP58 blackout - 35"
    ProV1X - cheapest used 5A I can find
    Sun Mountain C130S - 2019 USA version
    Clicgear 3.5
    MG Elite XL golf gloves
    Adidas Adicross Classic Golf Shoes - 2015
  • krisrodkrisrod Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    I have a Taylormade Staff Stand Bag which works very well.
    Driver: taylormade-small.jpg M2 10.5*
    3 Wood: taylormade-small.jpg M2 16.5*
    (Driving Iron: taylormade-small.jpg P790 UDI 17*)
    (Hybrid: taylormade-small.jpg R15 19*)
    Irons: taylormade-small.jpg PSi 3-PW
    Wedges: taylormade-small.jpg Tour Preferred EF ATV Grind 52* and 58*
    (Wedges: taylormade-small.jpg Hi-Toe 52* and 58*)
    Putter: [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]scotty-small.jpg [/font]2014 Newport
    Ball: titelist-small.jpg Pro V1
    Bag: taylormade-small.jpg 2015 Staff Stand Bag

Clubs in italics and brackets are currently being tested.
  • Joe V.Joe V. Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    My Sun Mountain 3.5LS works great on my Clicgear. I have the bag cozy installed, but it really isn't necessary.
  • C-radC-rad Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭
    Joe V. wrote:
    My Sun Mountain 3.5LS works great on my Clicgear. I have the bag cozy installed, but it really isn't necessary.
    i have one 3.5 and it is awful on my clicgear.
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • bluedotbluedot Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭
    Hoofer or Titleist 14 Stand bag, but anything without the foot mechanism for the legs. Like others, I'd highly recommend getting both of the ClicGear accessories to better adapt a stand bag to use on the cart.