Is Anyone Gaming A PING Sigma G Tyne H?

13»

Comments

  • icecat88icecat88 Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭
    Just got off of the phone with PING checking on the status of my order still not arrived yet. but on another note they advised that they are no longer making the PING Tyne H Sigma G head anymore. You can only now get it second hand or if they were sent to an account of their's and hasnt sold yet. image/fie.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fie:' />
    looks like I’ll be hanging onto mine then
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,151 mod
    KaTooM wrote:



    Just got off of the phone with PING checking on the status of my order still not arrived yet. but on another note they advised that they are no longer making the PING Tyne H Sigma G head anymore. You can only now get it second hand or if they were sent to an account of their's and hasnt sold yet. image/fie.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fie:' />




    Oh wow! Not a good seller I guess?



    Thanks for the insider information!


    I found that out last week as well 😥
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • FAbbFAbb Members Posts: 15,901 ✭✭
    I think the putter would look even better if you could lop off a little bit of the fangs, like this.



    2kxtjx.jpg
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    FAbb wrote:


    I think the putter would look even better if you could lop off a little bit of the fangs, like this.



    2kxtjx.jpg




    Considering that I want this putter with a 20g lighter head, this would be perfect for me.

    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,367 ✭✭
    edited Oct 30, 2018 #66
    FAbb wrote:


    I think the putter would look even better if you could lop off a little bit of the fangs, like this.



    2kxtjx.jpg




    Looks like Cameron Champ's winning Ping PLD Mid Tyne Prototype is very, very similar to this concept!
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 633 ✭✭
    Welp the Tyne H came in the mail today going to give it ago Sunday we’ll see how this bad boy does
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • icecat88icecat88 Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭
    Love mine thought at first with 370g Head maybe too heavy but feels really nice and smooth very consistent
  • erwincherwinch Members Posts: 38
    I have a funny Tyne story. Dicks still has them in stock so I ordered one online and when it arrived I found it had a scratch on the top line. If it was anywhere else I would have ignored it. I returned it to the local Dick's and ordered a replacement. Well a few days later I received it and it was the same exact putter I had returned to the local Dick's and this time there was no head cover! I couldn't believe it. Went back to Dick's AGAIN to return it. I'm hesitant to order again because it sounds like the remaining stock is very limited and are likely beat up floor models.
    PING G25 9.5* Tour 65R
    Titleist 816 H2 2h, Motore Speeder
    Titleist 816 H2 3h, Motore Speeder
    Titleist 714 AP1 XP95 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
    Vokey SM6 54* S Grind
    Vokey SM6 58* M Grind
    PING Anser Milled 0 / Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Taylormade Project TP5x
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,601 ✭✭

    KaTooM wrote:



    Just got off of the phone with PING checking on the status of my order still not arrived yet. but on another note they advised that they are no longer making the PING Tyne H Sigma G head anymore. You can only now get it second hand or if they were sent to an account of their's and hasnt sold yet. image/fie.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fie:' />




    Oh wow! Not a good seller I guess?



    Thanks for the insider information!


    I found that out last week as well &#55357;&#56869;




    Why would this surprise anyone with the Sigma 2 line already announced (and out as of 2 days ago) ?



    Do putter manufacturers continue making the old line once the new one is out ?

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    erwinch wrote:


    I have a funny Tyne story. Dicks still has them in stock so I ordered one online and when it arrived I found it had a scratch on the top line. If it was anywhere else I would have ignored it. I returned it to the local Dick's and ordered a replacement. Well a few days later I received it and it was the same exact putter I had returned to the local Dick's and this time there was no head cover! I couldn't believe it. Went back to Dick's AGAIN to return it. I'm hesitant to order again because it sounds like the remaining stock is very limited and are likely beat up floor models.




    You can purchase these brand new on eBay from reputable sellers.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • FAbbFAbb Members Posts: 15,901 ✭✭
    I'm gonna move on from mine as well. I thought real hard about having the fangs shortened, but that would just mean dumping money into it, knowing full well I wouldn't stick with it long term anyway. To the bst!
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    Mine is solidly in the bag....for now. Lol



    Hoping it makes a 13 year run like my old newport beach
Sign In or Register to comment.