Chrome Soft ++

mgrowc1mgrowc1 GrobagsMembers Posts: 172 ✭✭
Just got several dozen of these thinking they were like the normal chrome soft only tour version but now thinking they may be something different? From what I previously read the ++ should be the same as the normal but ++ marked them for tour version with extra quality control. Which now sounds dumb I guess.

Unable to find out anything about them and yet to play them. Any ideas?

Mark
M1 9.5 - Paderson
G400 FW 14.5 - Tour 75
G400 Hybrid 19 - OBAN i83
I200 4-U - 950GH
Glide 2.0 55ss 60ws - 950GH
Edel E3

Comments

• HercNavHercNav Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    I want to say the ++ is a tour only version which is softer+more spin. Fairly certain there was a YouTube tour of the Callaway truck where they briefly mentioned the tour versions (prior to chromesoft X coming out)
  • mgrowc1mgrowc1 Grobags Members Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Softer that the non x? I thought that it was the same as the chrome soft but now thinking it is the same as the X before the X came to general public?
    M1 9.5 - Paderson
    G400 FW 14.5 - Tour 75
    I200 4-U - 950GH
    Edel E3
  • HercNavHercNav Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    mgrowc1 wrote:

Softer that the non x? I thought that it was the same as the chrome soft but now thinking it is the same as the X before the X came to general public?

I apologize -- I actually just watched the video on youtube again. ChromeSoft ++ the guy on the video said was a bit firmer than the chromesoft. So potentially similar to a CS+?
  • double or triple?double or triple? Members Posts: 1,971 ✭✭
    from what i can remember they are definitely more spin than compared to retail model.
  • OcRockRollerOcRockRoller Humble Donkey Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Firmer than the 95 compression Csx and spins a bit more off the irons but somehow spins proper off a wood. It’s a great ball
  • mgrowc1mgrowc1 Grobags Members Posts: 172 ✭✭

Firmer than the 95 compression Csx and spins a bit more off the irons but somehow spins proper off a wood. It’s a great ball

Just shot one of my lowest rounds of the year (one over) with it so it isn’t making me worse at least.
    M1 9.5 - Paderson
    G400 FW 14.5 - Tour 75
    I200 4-U - 950GH
    Edel E3
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,738 ✭✭

Firmer than the 95 compression Csx and spins a bit more off the irons but somehow spins proper off a wood. It's a great ball

I have the ++ also and can confirm this in my testing. It seems though the cover may scuff more potentially.
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
    Is ++ same as ** ?
  • jedidanjedidan Lefty Boomers Posts: 341
    "chrome soft ++" was the 2016 tour ball that became the 2017 chrome soft X. I asked my rep to be sure and got confirmation
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,110 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

Chrome Soft ++
  • dgp17dgp17 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    So how is the Chrome++Soft X supposed to play compared to the Chrome Soft ++? I have a dozen of these and have never hit them--mainly because I do not like the regular Chrome Soft at all--I play TP5x.

[font=georgia,serif]Taylormade M3 460 10.5* - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Titleist 917F2 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD MT 8s[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Mizuno CLK Hybrid 19* - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95 S+[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Mizuno MP-18, 8-PW, MP-18 SC 4-7 - KBS Tour 130X ss[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Titleist Vokey SM7 58*, SM5 54*, 50* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Kingston KP1 GSS[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Tayloramde TP5x[/font]