......the nutted 7 iron draw
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • KaysquareKaysquare Puppyluv Members Posts: 2,166 ✭✭
    The sheer joy of hitting a perfect shot. Doing what you love on a beautiful park-like setting, out in the fresh air, with good friends. You don't have to be really good at golf to enjoy it. (Like a few other things in life... image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />)
  • Kaysquare wrote:

The sheer joy of hitting a perfect shot. Doing what you love on a beautiful park-like setting, out in the fresh air, with good friends. You don't have to be really good at golf to enjoy it. (Like a few other things in life... image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />)

Well said. Thanks
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]"Boy that is fun to watch right there. This thing's gonna roll a hundred and fifty yards"[/font]
  • DevilDogDevilDog Members Posts: 1,811
    These days for me, it is being able to spend the time with my son on the course. Treasure this time with him.
  • WalterWalter Belgian Golfer Members Posts: 698 ClubWRX
    edited Jul 19, 2018 #36
    A warm welcome to you!

And What a Nice thread to start !

I truly enjoyed All the answers , mainly because they emboddy a lot of My feelings about this beautiful game we All love ...

I wish you All All the best and hope we may continue to Enjoy the game and people Who come with the game for long time to come. I attaché this picture as an example of one of the great things of the game , Having a great day outside and later in the clubhouse with Some

Good friends. Golf a game that can bring people together , and this from All ages !! Something that is sometimes difficult in other sports / intersts
    Countdown for Augusta!!!
  • LithovtLithovt Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Spending time with friends, enjoying good Scotch and cigars, and hitting that awesome shot and/or putt that keeps me coming back for more!
    Driver: Cobra F7+ 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD TP-7 S
    Fairway: Cobra F7 (5/6) 18.5 Diamana D+ 80 Stiff
    Hybrid: Cobra F7 (3/4) 20.5, Diamana D+ 90 Stiff
    Irons: Mizuno MP-18 (4-6 Fli-Hi, 7-PW SC) Project X LZ 5.5
    Wedges 52/58 Mizuno MP-T7 Stock TT Shaft
    Putter Ping Anser 2 35"
  • platgofplatgof platgof ClubWRX Posts: 1,370 ClubWRX
    A nice round of golf in fall weather and the course is empty.
    GBB Fusion HT 13.5
    GBB XR16 5 & 7 WD
    GBB OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    P790 5-PW
    Glide AW, SW, LW
    TM Spider Pro Red C/S
    B330RX
  • NotYourAverageGolferNotYourAverageGolfer Enjoying the game, one swing at a time Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    When I'm playing a golf course in the middle of fall, with bright autumn colors surrounding me on all sides, as the afternoon sun slowly setting on the horizon, with a light breeze blowing through the hills and valleys, I'm playing my final approach into 18, hopefully with friends at my sides and a close match on the line.

That is my golf paradise.
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    Maintaining quick ducking reflexes to avoid the shanked bunker shots by guys who just said "I've figured my swing out" 7 minutes earlier.
  • CheckJVCheckJV Male Model Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    Spending time with my now 81 year old Pop on the course and the life long friends I have made playing this game for more than 40 years.
  • MattH89MattH89 Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    My favorite thing about golf is that the only thing separating you from hitting the shots you want is practice and knowledge. It's not like basketball, where no matter how much I practice, this body is not going to dunk anything but donuts.
  • wrmillerwrmiller Members Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Me against the course, alone, enjoying the challenge of the game while taking in the peace and quiet and forgetting about the rest of the world for a few hours.
    Primary bag:
    Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 915Fd 13.5
    Titleist 913h 17
    Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
    Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
    Ping G400 9
    Ping G30 fw 13
    Ping G30 hybrid 19
    Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
    Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,231 ClubWRX
    If you play with good people, all the better. I play with my cousin, uncle, and another mutual friend of ours. We can all have a bad day, but can guarantee everyone had some good laughs.

For me, it is hitting that perfect window with a flushed Mizuno mid iron. I can't tell you how man 6-7 iron shots I could sit here a talk about, they just stick in my mind, that flatter penetrating flight right in the perfect window. I get excited thinking about hitting some this weekend.

This game soothes my soul. I take care of my family, they rely on me, have a stressful job, golf balances my life, I love it sooooo much.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X

• When I'm playing a golf course in the middle of fall, with bright autumn colors surrounding me on all sides, as the afternoon sun slowly setting on the horizon, with a light breeze blowing through the hills and valleys, I'm playing my final approach into 18, hopefully with friends at my sides and a close match on the line.

That is my golf paradise.

Amen!
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]"Boy that is fun to watch right there. This thing's gonna roll a hundred and fifty yards"[/font]
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 3,996 ✭✭
    fall golf in the North East....Catskills!
  • It builds my self-esteem.
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members Posts: 892 ✭✭
    Golf. Is. Good.
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭
    To the best of his knowledge, people aren’t armed while playing golf. Well, maybe not everywhere...
    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 21* 24*
    Mizuno MP-15 5-PW
    Epon KGX 52* 56*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport Longneck
  • The escape to nature and the longevity of playing until you die
    915 D3 8.5* Attas 7x
    CB4 16.5* Kuro Kage HBP 80x
    Sldr 19* Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8x
    4,5 AP2 714, 6-9MB 714 C-Taper S+
    46.8F,50.12F,53.7S,58.8M SM5 C-Taper S+
    Ping Karsten TR Zing 34"
  • NJpatbeeNJpatbee Posts: 1,483 ✭✭
    Just about everything mentioned above, especially with my grandson.
  • Cash24Cash24 Powerfade Master Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    How humbling the game can be. But also, the time in life where I can disconnect from the craziness and stress of work. And soon being able to share this game with my 7 year old daughter. Just got her a set of USKG clubs.
    WITB:

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 9.5*
    3 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell+ 15*
    3 Hybrid: Cobra Bio Cell 19*
    4-PW: Taylormade RocketBladez Tour
    52* : Cobra Tour Trusty Rusty
    56*: Callaway MD3 Milled Matte Black S-Grind
    60*: Callaway MD3 Milled Matte Black S-Grind
    Putter: Ray Cook Blue Goose BG10
  • RetsdonRetsdon Posts: 76
    edited Jul 25, 2018 #53
    Holding an iron shot up into a crosswind and having it land where I planned. I'm no way a good golfer, but sometimes I can get the ball to behave in the air as I'd like it to, and to me this is the king of 'feel good' shots.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • John007John007 Members Posts: 14

I hate golf.

Just can't stop...

+1. Managed to walk away for a few years but something always brings me back. Favorite part is playing with my son, the enjoyment he gets from hitting a good shot, and seeing him getting better.
  • foxy222foxy222 Posts: 81 ✭✭
    When you thin an iron and the world collapses around you only for it to roll up close to the pin. “Yeah just wanted to keep that pitching wedge out of the wind.....”
2»