GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

ddetts' Swing Journey - 2020 Goals & Updated Swing Progress pg. 17

1111213141517»

Comments

• ryan983ryan983 Members  798WRX Points: 161Handicap: +3Posts: 798 Golden Tee

I’d get on a GC2 or GC Quad. Make sure there is no distance boost on and see what that says.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX  1917WRX Points: 455Handicap: 7.3Posts: 1,917 ClubWRX

Yes, that would be ideal to get on GC Quad or GC2, Trackman or something top notch. Not something I have access to I guess, are you aware of any places in town?

Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21663WRX Points: 5,661Posts: 21,663 ClubWRX
    Posted:
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX  1917WRX Points: 455Handicap: 7.3Posts: 1,917 ClubWRX

Yeah, I'm due for a swing intervention. In the meantime I'm going to probably need to do some lessons locally, in person. I'm not doing a good enough job making changes on my own. Likely a result of not being able to come up with good feedback systems to know when I'm doing things wrong or right.

Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted:

I knew they had a GC2, I guess I didn't know if you could just pay to use it to hit on outside of scheduling a custom fitting.

Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Advertisement

they did a long time ago but it’s been a long time since I asked.

Posted:

Happy 2020 everyone! It's been awhile since I shared an update. I took some time toward the end of last year and through the holidays were I didn't do much of any golfing and tried to focus on fitness and getting my knee feeling good again. I revisited past lessons from Monte, and wrote down the feedback and where I need to go. I also re-read a lot of The Practice Manual by Adam Young and began really defining and structuring my offseason practice plan. That book has been really helpful in many many ways.

I have mostly finished my 2020 golf goals, but will share in a subsequent post when they're completely finalized.

Here's the swing as of this evening - I captured from behind as well as from target side (forgive the net, I wasn't brave enough to put my phone up on the other side), in addition to the regular face on and down the line views. I've really focused on correct pelvic movement and shortening the backswing and feel like I'm finally getting somewhere. Face on shows I'm still trailing a bit with the arms, but I'm hoping to focus more on that now that the other parts are improving.

FO

DTL

Rear view

Target view

Posted:
    Post edited by ddetts on

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

• MonteScheinblumMonteScheinblum Rebellion Golf Southern CaliforniaMembers  19046WRX Points: 1,718Posts: 19,046 Titanium Tees

Get your elbows out of hyperextension at address.

Posted:

Thanks Monte, I'll add softening the elbows to my list. Is the pelvis movement and backswing looking better? Are my hands too deep at the top?

Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

As promised in my previous post, here are my 2020 golf goals - in no particular order

• <= 2.5 handicap - I got it as low as 6.6 last summer and I feel like this is reachable
    • Repeat as match play league champs (2 man team league)
    • Score a round at even par (or better!)
      • I have shot under par a couple of times and even par a handful more on 9 hole rounds but have never put a full 18 together; need to figure out if it's a stamina/endurance issue, mental issue or what the road block might be to transfer that 9 hole success to 18 hole rounds.
      • Lowest in relation to par that I have shot is +4
    • Win club championship 1st flight
      • Or qualify for championship flight and place top 3
    • Qualify to play in the Ryder Cup style event our club participates in with 3 local other clubs
    • Play 9 hole rounds before work, twice a week (while school is out)
    • 60% GIR - my GIR has been atrocious the past 3 years; I would probably be in the lowest 5th percentile among single digit handicappers
    • Sand Saves >= 45 %
      • I made great improvement in my bunker play last year with Monte's technique and a lot of practice, which got me my confidence back. Now I'd like to narrow my focus from getting out of the bunker to anywhere within 20 feet to hitting bunker shots inside 10 feet to give myself better chances at sand saves
    • Average < 30 putts per round
      • Specifically I need to improve at the longer short putts 5-9' (I just didn't make much at all from that range last year) & the mid-range putts 10-25'
      • I am very solid on short putts inside 5 feet, and usually pretty solid on the long lag putts but for whatever reason my midrange putting just isn't there. I'll have to explore what barriers might be hindering me there (mental, approach, technique, etc)
    • No rounds > 87 (43 for 9 hole rounds)
    • Play 5 or more tournaments this year, 2 SDGA events & 3 others
    • Practice better - I could write a short novel here, but I'll spare the details

Posted:
    Post edited by ddetts on

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Advertisement

The new rocket launcher arrived today! Bag is officially set for 2020, outside of possibly needing wedges if grooves start to go. I wasn't planning on making any changes but I fell in love with my Epic Flash Sub-Zero 5w. I haven't hit a fairway metal that well in some time so I decided to get the 3w to go along with it. I really liked the @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL Tensei AV 75X in the 5w so I stuck with that. Excited to get the lofts and spin dialed in before the season starts.

Now I might just need to get a matching 5w cover! Funny thing is I went from being a Callaway hater, but now I'm onboard!

Also, shout out to @Fujikura Golf, still loving that Ventus Red shaft.

Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

• rich_s2rich_s2 wisconsinMembers  1035WRX Points: 805Handicap: 1.6Posts: 1,035 Platinum Tees

Love that set up!! Let’s pinky swear on meeting half way this season for a round or two!

Posted:

I think that would be awesome! I'm trying to find a time to take the family to the Dells area for a few days and hopefully I can hit a couple of the great golf destinations around the area. Not sure if I will get to make that happen this year though as we've already got a couple of getaways booked for summer 2020.

I would definitely love to play Lawsonia & Sand Valley if I could make that happen!

Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

• rich_s2rich_s2 wisconsinMembers  1035WRX Points: 805Handicap: 1.6Posts: 1,035 Platinum Tees

Lawsonia is on me and I would love to join you at SV! Make it happen!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.