Game Golf PRO

1356

Comments

  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,256 ✭✭
    https://store.gamegolf.com/row/docs/email_support



    you can fill out the form.



    I sincerely wish GG the best. Like many of you, this was my first golf toy but I'm closing the book on this memories.



    hoping for better Arccos 3.0 !!
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    NoCaution wrote:


    There is absolutely no reason that a product should still be this buggy a full year after being announced and nine full months of delays. The sole reason to delay something that long would be so that you could release it without any issues. Imagine if Apple announced a new phone, then delayed the release by nine months, and when it finally came out it took 5 hours to set up the wifi and bluetooth. People would lose their f***ing minds, and Apple would rightfully be devastated by the fallout. Why are we holding a small manufacturer to a lesser expectation? If anything, the fact that they only have a single product means that they should be held to a higher standard. I PAID for a device that should work right off the bat, and if it works on the course like it's supposed to, I'll still be happy. But, if the nightmare of setting it up is any indication, I'm not exactly hopeful. We'll see...




    I completely agree with you. I'm amazed that they sent these out with all these problems that surely they knew about, and see it as actually unethical really. On the flipside I do want it to work, and would much rather they give me a working product than a refund if I'm honest. Unfortunately right now I'm getting neither from them. Almost seems like they're either inundated with return requests and unable to respond, or have gone underground to figure out a mitigation plan.
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • g-offg-off Members Posts: 336 ✭✭
    I've been back and forth with them and also just want it to work, I was fine when I could no longer upload to my laptop, at least I could bluetooth transfer to my phone, now that doesn't work, i feel like they are trying to blame apple for the problems and they only apparently have one cs rep "mike" who answers way after pst. Sadly this was a gift for me and not my money. I just believe in this day and age you should be able to buy a product that works or at least get reasonable support if it doesn't work
    epic flash driver

    steelhead xr heavenwood

    steelhead xr 9 wood

    edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

    hogan tk 58

    putter rotates daily

    always hoing the next best thing
  • slowcelicaslowcelica Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    NoCaution wrote:

    slowcelica wrote:


    I feel like this is some of the pain of being an early adopter of the product, did you contact gamegolf support at all? Every time I've had an issue with mine they have helped me fix it pretty quickly.




    I would totally agree if we were having this discussion in April of last year. You know; When the Pro was originally supposed to be released. They've also had "beta" units out being tested for at least the past three months, if not longer. There is absolutely no reason that a product should still be this buggy a full year after being announced and nine full months of delays. The sole reason to delay something that long would be so that you could release it without any issues. Imagine if Apple announced a new phone, then delayed the release by nine months, and when it finally came out it took 5 hours to set up the wifi and bluetooth. People would lose their f***ing minds, and Apple would rightfully be devastated by the fallout. Why are we holding a small manufacturer to a lesser expectation? If anything, the fact that they only have a single product means that they should be held to a higher standard. I PAID for a device that should work right off the bat, and if it works on the course like it's supposed to, I'll still be happy. But, if the nightmare of setting it up is any indication, I'm not exactly hopeful. We'll see...




    Comparing apple to game golf in terms of man power is like comparing amazon to a mom and pop shop. I'm guessing they had some manufacturing issues, that cause delays in release, then some of these pairing issues they thought they had figured out, and with the limited release found out the instructions where not clear at all, and that is why the video came out. All while trying to fix bugs with the app with probably only a few engineers to fix everything. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have gotten it right, at first it was a pita for me to setup too. I tried for an hour or so to just be frustrated, once I talked to their cs (mike) I was able to pair and figure it out. Things I figured out, one don't do it at night, I updated some of my clubs last night and I literally had to hold the tag 3" from a light bulb to get it to register, enough light is imperative. Two make sure all the other clubs are in the bag away from the club you are pairing, I had my bag about 6 feet away from where I was updating tags, and if I brought another club over it screwed it up. I've had good luck with game golf and I've had the classic, live and now pro it's still cold here so I won't really care till march or april when it's warm enough to play hopefully they get it worked out by then.
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,256 ✭✭
    slowcelica wrote:

    NoCaution wrote:

    slowcelica wrote:


    I feel like this is some of the pain of being an early adopter of the product, did you contact gamegolf support at all? Every time I've had an issue with mine they have helped me fix it pretty quickly.




    I would totally agree if we were having this discussion in April of last year. You know; When the Pro was originally supposed to be released. They've also had "beta" units out being tested for at least the past three months, if not longer. There is absolutely no reason that a product should still be this buggy a full year after being announced and nine full months of delays. The sole reason to delay something that long would be so that you could release it without any issues. Imagine if Apple announced a new phone, then delayed the release by nine months, and when it finally came out it took 5 hours to set up the wifi and bluetooth. People would lose their f***ing minds, and Apple would rightfully be devastated by the fallout. Why are we holding a small manufacturer to a lesser expectation? If anything, the fact that they only have a single product means that they should be held to a higher standard. I PAID for a device that should work right off the bat, and if it works on the course like it's supposed to, I'll still be happy. But, if the nightmare of setting it up is any indication, I'm not exactly hopeful. We'll see...




    Comparing apple to game golf in terms of man power is like comparing amazon to a mom and pop shop. I'm guessing they had some manufacturing issues, that cause delays in release, then some of these pairing issues they thought they had figured out, and with the limited release found out the instructions where not clear at all, and that is why the video came out. All while trying to fix bugs with the app with probably only a few engineers to fix everything. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have gotten it right, at first it was a pita for me to setup too. I tried for an hour or so to just be frustrated, once I talked to their cs (mike) I was able to pair and figure it out. Things I figured out, one don't do it at night, I updated some of my clubs last night and I literally had to hold the tag 3" from a light bulb to get it to register, enough light is imperative. Two make sure all the other clubs are in the bag away from the club you are pairing, I had my bag about 6 feet away from where I was updating tags, and if I brought another club over it screwed it up. I've had good luck with game golf and I've had the classic, live and now pro it's still cold here so I won't really care till march or april when it's warm enough to play hopefully they get it worked out by then.




    GG should put that in FAQ. It might scare off some people (like myself) but it's always better to tell 'em s***-load of headache is coming before they realize while doing the work.
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,573 ✭✭
    Look what I got...Must be too busy down at the PGA show....SMH!!!



    Thank you for contacting Game Golf Customer Care.


    Unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical issues with the relevant program to issue returns for customers, so we'd have to wait until this is fixed.


    Once it has been fixed, we will come back to you with the return label. Do not worry about the return policy, this issue is being dealt with now, so you stuck to the required time frame for returns.


    We apologise for any inconveniences cause by this and thank you for your patience.


    Best,

    Eleana


    The Game Golf Team
  • slowcelicaslowcelica Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    edited Jan 24, 2019 1:26pm #68
    larciel wrote:

    slowcelica wrote:

    NoCaution wrote:

    slowcelica wrote:


    I feel like this is some of the pain of being an early adopter of the product, did you contact gamegolf support at all? Every time I've had an issue with mine they have helped me fix it pretty quickly.




    I would totally agree if we were having this discussion in April of last year. You know; When the Pro was originally supposed to be released. They've also had "beta" units out being tested for at least the past three months, if not longer. There is absolutely no reason that a product should still be this buggy a full year after being announced and nine full months of delays. The sole reason to delay something that long would be so that you could release it without any issues. Imagine if Apple announced a new phone, then delayed the release by nine months, and when it finally came out it took 5 hours to set up the wifi and bluetooth. People would lose their f***ing minds, and Apple would rightfully be devastated by the fallout. Why are we holding a small manufacturer to a lesser expectation? If anything, the fact that they only have a single product means that they should be held to a higher standard. I PAID for a device that should work right off the bat, and if it works on the course like it's supposed to, I'll still be happy. But, if the nightmare of setting it up is any indication, I'm not exactly hopeful. We'll see...




    Comparing apple to game golf in terms of man power is like comparing amazon to a mom and pop shop. I'm guessing they had some manufacturing issues, that cause delays in release, then some of these pairing issues they thought they had figured out, and with the limited release found out the instructions where not clear at all, and that is why the video came out. All while trying to fix bugs with the app with probably only a few engineers to fix everything. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have gotten it right, at first it was a pita for me to setup too. I tried for an hour or so to just be frustrated, once I talked to their cs (mike) I was able to pair and figure it out. Things I figured out, one don't do it at night, I updated some of my clubs last night and I literally had to hold the tag 3" from a light bulb to get it to register, enough light is imperative. Two make sure all the other clubs are in the bag away from the club you are pairing, I had my bag about 6 feet away from where I was updating tags, and if I brought another club over it screwed it up. I've had good luck with game golf and I've had the classic, live and now pro it's still cold here so I won't really care till march or april when it's warm enough to play hopefully they get it worked out by then.




    GG should put that in FAQ. It might scare off some people (like myself) but it's always better to tell 'em s***-load of headache is coming before they realize while doing the work.




    I agree but I kind of think they had no idea that these things would be an issue, real world testing vs limited testing are very different and often times expose things that were not thought of. That's why after a week or two after the initial units were sent out, everyone that ordered one got a link to a video on how to set it up, they probably could have done a better job at communicating out why the video was needed, and the instructions that came with the device could be better. They for sure screwed up the release of this, hopefully it doesn't scare off to many people and they get the issues ironed out.
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    edited Jan 24, 2019 4:16pm #69
    snagy2000 wrote:


    Look what I got...Must be too busy down at the PGA show....SMH!!!



    Thank you for contacting Game Golf Customer Care.

    Unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical issues with the relevant program to issue returns for customers, so we'd have to wait until this is fixed.

    Once it has been fixed, we will come back to you with the return label. Do not worry about the return policy, this issue is being dealt with now, so you stuck to the required time frame for returns.

    We apologise for any inconveniences cause by this and thank you for your patience.

    Best,

    Eleana


    The Game Golf Team




    I got that message too, but they assured me that i would not run out of time for getting the RA assigned. Given that, i've decided to hang in there another week or so to try and get this thing to work.



    Weird about the device needing actual light to pair, I'd assumed the reason for "daylight by a window" was just to make certain there was adequate exposure to satellites for the GPS, and "light" was just used as a surrogate to ensure one was in an actual window - i.e., if sunlight is coming through, ostensibly so is the signal. Wondering why would light itself do anything?
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • slowcelicaslowcelica Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Gautama wrote:

    snagy2000 wrote:


    Look what I got...Must be too busy down at the PGA show....SMH!!!



    Thank you for contacting Game Golf Customer Care.

    Unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical issues with the relevant program to issue returns for customers, so we'd have to wait until this is fixed.

    Once it has been fixed, we will come back to you with the return label. Do not worry about the return policy, this issue is being dealt with now, so you stuck to the required time frame for returns.

    We apologise for any inconveniences cause by this and thank you for your patience.

    Best,

    Eleana


    The Game Golf Team




    I got that message too, but they assured me that i would not run out of time for getting the RA assigned. Given that, i've decided to hang in there another week or so to try and get this thing to work.



    Weird about the device needing actual light to pair, I'd assumed the reason for "daylight by a window" was just to make certain there was adequate exposure to satellites for the GPS, and "light" was just used as a surrogate to ensure one was in an actual window - i.e., if sunlight is coming through, ostensibly so is the signal. Wondering why would light itself do anything?




    Me too, but I doubt that each tag has a gps in it, I think the light has something to do with pairing, it seems like the divot tool covers something on the tag coupled with the magnet, signals it to pair.
  • NoCautionNoCaution Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Alrighty then...



    The moment that virtually none of you have been waiting for...



    I used Game Golf Pro on the course for a full 18 holes, and it was...



    Surprisingly, OK.



    However, it's not completely without issues. Here are my takeaways and thoughts in general:



    Tagging shots: It worked like a bloody charm, and I still can't believe it. I only had ONE false tag the entire round (which was my fault), but I was able to quickly edit it out. I also had a couple of putts fail to tag, but it was understandable each time it happened (e.g., I missed a short putt, then quickly tapped in the next, so it didn't recognize the second one). It even tagged correctly when I hit my best shot of the day; A super delicate little 6-yard chip that went in! Those stupid tags may be a giant PITA to pair up, but they seem to do their job on the course. I was most surprised by how quickly I got used to not tapping the tags against the device. I've tapped every single shot for nearly four years and 270+ rounds, but it only took about 6 holes before I stopped trying to manually tag. Color me impressed.



    GPS: Mostly OK. I did have a couple of spots where it showed me a few feet from where I really was in real time, and when I edited my round afterward there were a couple tags that were off a few yards (like it tagged me being next to the tee box instead of in the middle a few times), but nothing horrendous. The GPS is basically the same degree of accuracy that the previous device was, so I can't really complain about it.



    The app: Shockingly; It did NOT. CRASH. ONCE!!! I guess when they said they were focussing all of the app development on it working with the Pro unit, it wasn't total BS. It was a little glitchy when it showed my final summary at the end of the round, but when I pulled it up at home everything was correct. Considering what an absolute nightmare the app has been for the last couple months, I'd say this is a huge win.



    The medallion: This one is tough to call. It did lose the GPS signal on the 9th green. To correct the issue I was forced to close the app and turn off the unit completely, then restart them both and continue the round. Once restarted, it found the GPS signal again and I never had another problem. I was sure when it started to go wonky that it would be all downhill from there, but it worked out OK. I will admit that loading up the course info, connecting to the device, and starting my round was VERY fast both times, so it's hard to be mad about it.



    Smart caddie: It's still useless garbage, and I still hate it. I'm turning it off for my next round, and will probably never turn it on again. THIS is a raw video of me and the "Smart Caddie".



    Random: I kind of hate that it's "always on". Every once in a while I'll want to try a long putt over again after I hole out. If I do that now, it will count every goof-off putt as a real one and I have to erase them afterward. It's a small complaint, but I could see it getting annoying at other times too. Say you're waiting on a tee box during a slow round and you want to hit some chip shots to kill time; It's going to count all of those shots, and you're going to end up with a bunch of clean up work to do on the app. Also, how does practice affect the battery life of the tags? Can the tags wake up and start draining the battery even if the device isn't on? If so, then using my putting green at home would mean the putter tag battery lasting half as long as the rest of my clubs. I'm seriously considering just not using the putter tag at all, and just manually adding my putts anyway. I already edit my putts to be more accurate after every round anyway, so it may actually save me time. Plus, I could keep the extra tag as a backup in case I broke one or a battery died. Just a thought.



    Overall: Ignoring what a complete s***show it is to set up, and all of the previous problems with my Live device... I'd give its performance today a solid "B". If the unit had not lost GPS on nine, I would have viewed it as a complete success. That being said, I'm still not completely sold. I am planning to go play again on Monday, so I'm giving it another chance. I took delivery on the 17th, so I suppose I can use it for at least a couple more weeks before I start screaming for a refund. Hopefully, the GPS drop glitch is a one-time thing and I won't have to return it at all.
    I'd certainly hate to be left out of the "WITB signature" thingy, so...

    Cobra F8 Tour Length Driver 9.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0
    Cobra F8 3 Wood 14.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0, 3/4 inch short
    Cobra F8 4 Hybrid 22° - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap Black F4, 1/2 inch short
    Taylormade P790 5-AW Irons - KBS Tour FLT 120 S, 1/4 inch short
    Edel 54°, 58°, and 62° Wedges - KBS Hi-Rev, with various mods and adjustments
    Custom Black Machine M20 Putter - Matte Black Shaft and Skull Edition Superstroke Pistol GT Tour Grip
    Bridgestone B330 RX Balls (or e6 if I start to lose too many that day)
    Ogio Silencer bag for riding/pushcart or Jones Original bag for carrying
    Bagboy Triswivel II for my fat @$$ to walk more
    All clubs besides putter have MCC +4 standard grips, with the "Align" version on driver and fairway
    Custom VW GTI plaid seat headcovers and towel
    Asher Death Wish glove, obnoxious purple pants with a bright green belt, and a pentagram ball marker to irritate the old men who take everything WAY too seriously
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,256 ✭✭
    edited Jan 26, 2019 2:16am #72
    Hey how much did gg pay you to write this?





    J/K. Glad to hear SOME good news.



    About being always on. Can't you turn off the medallion then turn it back on when you're ready to resume? Or will you have to turn off app again and restart ?
  • NoCautionNoCaution Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:


    Hey how much did gg pay you to write this?



    J/K. Glad to hear SOME good news.




    If you read all my previous posts in this thread (and a few others), I think you'd agree; Game Golf would be much more likely to pay me to STOP writing about their product. You can bet that if it had been even half as glitchy as my previous few rounds, I'd be letting EVERYONE know how awful it was. I have a LOT of terrible things to say about my experiences with Game Golf and their staff, but this just wasn't one of them. I have no personal stake outside of the $230 I spent on the thing, so trashing it after it actually worked wouldn't do me any good. I WANT it to work. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.


    larciel wrote:


    About being always on. Can't you turn off the medallion then turn it back on when you're ready to resume? Or will you have to turn off app again and restart ?




    I'm not sure about turning it off and restarting it, but either way, it's going to be a hassle. Like I said though, it's a pretty small complaint. I was sure that today was going to be a glitch-filled nightmare, so the fact that I'm worried about such a minor issue is an overall good sign. Still, Monday could end up proving my original fears to be true, and I'll be back on here talking about how it's the worst device ever again. We'll see.
    I'd certainly hate to be left out of the "WITB signature" thingy, so...

    Cobra F8 Tour Length Driver 9.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0
    Cobra F8 3 Wood 14.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0, 3/4 inch short
    Cobra F8 4 Hybrid 22° - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap Black F4, 1/2 inch short
    Taylormade P790 5-AW Irons - KBS Tour FLT 120 S, 1/4 inch short
    Edel 54°, 58°, and 62° Wedges - KBS Hi-Rev, with various mods and adjustments
    Custom Black Machine M20 Putter - Matte Black Shaft and Skull Edition Superstroke Pistol GT Tour Grip
    Bridgestone B330 RX Balls (or e6 if I start to lose too many that day)
    Ogio Silencer bag for riding/pushcart or Jones Original bag for carrying
    Bagboy Triswivel II for my fat @$$ to walk more
    All clubs besides putter have MCC +4 standard grips, with the "Align" version on driver and fairway
    Custom VW GTI plaid seat headcovers and towel
    Asher Death Wish glove, obnoxious purple pants with a bright green belt, and a pentagram ball marker to irritate the old men who take everything WAY too seriously
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,573 ✭✭
    NoCaution wrote:

    larciel wrote:


    Hey how much did gg pay you to write this?



    J/K. Glad to hear SOME good news.




    If you read all my previous posts in this thread (and a few others), I think you'd agree; Game Golf would be much more likely to pay me to STOP writing about their product. You can bet that if it had been even half as glitchy as my previous few rounds, I'd be letting EVERYONE know how awful it was. I have a LOT of terrible things to say about my experiences with Game Golf and their staff, but this just wasn't one of them. I have no personal stake outside of the $230 I spent on the thing, so trashing it after it actually worked wouldn't do me any good. I WANT it to work. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.


    larciel wrote:


    About being always on. Can't you turn off the medallion then turn it back on when you're ready to resume? Or will you have to turn off app again and restart ?




    I'm not sure about turning it off and restarting it, but either way, it's going to be a hassle. Like I said though, it's a pretty small complaint. I was sure that today was going to be a glitch-filled nightmare, so the fact that I'm worried about such a minor issue is an overall good sign. Still, Monday could end up proving my original fears to be true, and I'll be back on here talking about how it's the worst device ever again. We'll see.




    Excellent...Can't wait to hear...Thanks for the input...
  • slowcelicaslowcelica Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    The tags draining during practice is a good point, I use my 7i almost daily and driver and wedges a lot, I’d hate the battery to drain, I guess I could always remove the tag before practicing.
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    Well, at least that's somewhat encouraging news. I'm over a week in and still don't have a functioning unit, nor can I get any sort of response from them. It's been crazy trying to get them to help, and at this point I'm just going in circles. When they respond at all, it's to send me to another email address or online form that I've already tried.



    Hands down, and I'm not exaggerating, the worst new product and customer service experience I have ever had in my 51 years. It's like they're not even trying.
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 560 ✭✭
    slowcelica wrote:


    The tags draining during practice is a good point, I use my 7i almost daily and driver and wedges a lot, I’d hate the battery to drain, I guess I could always remove the tag before practicing.




    I'd think that if you didn't have the belt clip on/active it's not going to use any battery on the tags.
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    Joker91 wrote:

    slowcelica wrote:


    The tags draining during practice is a good point, I use my 7i almost daily and driver and wedges a lot, I’d hate the battery to drain, I guess I could always remove the tag before practicing.




    I'd think that if you didn't have the belt clip on/active it's not going to use any battery on the tags.




    I hope that's true, I do wonder though since you can pair them without the medallion. Seems like they probably issue a signal every time they sense movement, like when displaced by the pairing magnet. I probably don't care too much though...if I can just get them to help me make the **** thing work as promised, I'll gladly buy new tags periodically.
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • slowcelicaslowcelica Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    What issues are you having getting it setup?
  • BastlBastl Members Posts: 4
    edited Jan 27, 2019 3:58am #80
    Joker91 wrote:


    I'd think that if you didn't have the belt clip on/active it's not going to use any battery on the tags.


    the support answered my mail:



    We would recommend removing (the tags) on the range as the batteries would deplete.
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley Members Posts: 770 ✭✭
    Game golf, can I get my money back? Had the original and never worked. I called and emailed so many times I lost count.
  • Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 560 ✭✭
    Bastl wrote:

    Joker91 wrote:


    I'd think that if you didn't have the belt clip on/active it's not going to use any battery on the tags.


    the support answered my mail:



    We would recommend removing (the tags) on the range as the batteries would deplete.




    Well ****. I'm curious if Arccos does the same thing.
  • g-offg-off Members Posts: 336 ✭✭
    last email I had was they're sorry I'm having problems and they're going to investigate, sadly been emailing them since december
    epic flash driver

    steelhead xr heavenwood

    steelhead xr 9 wood

    edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

    hogan tk 58

    putter rotates daily

    always hoing the next best thing
  • NoCautionNoCaution Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Bastl wrote:

    Joker91 wrote:


    I'd think that if you didn't have the belt clip on/active it's not going to use any battery on the tags.


    the support answered my mail:



    We would recommend removing (the tags) on the range as the batteries would deplete.




    It would be an understatement to call this worrisome. Game Golf has been incredibly vague about the battery situation already. A previous poster stated that GG mentioned the batteries would last "1-2 years with normal use". I took a quick look, and I didn't find where they say anything about battery life at all. It's not as if they're making any guarantees on the matter either. What does their idea of "normal use" mean? One round per week? Two? Twice a month? I average between 60-70 rounds each year, which is pretty low compared to a lot of people. I don't think it would unreasonable to expect that the tags should last at least 150 rounds, WITH range time before each round. Removing the tags for a range session would be INCREDIBLY annoying. They're not marked like the old tags, so you'd have to carefully set them aside in perfect order and then replace them in the order you removed them. What a stupid answer. That basically eliminates customers who play daily from realistically using the product at all. They act like all the metrics you gain will help take your super serious game to the next level, but if you're swinging your clubs 10x a week, you'll have to replace the tags every 3-months. Screw that.



    OK, so out of curiosity I just went and checked the batteries on my tags. When I opened the app, THIS is what my tags looked like. The 8-iron is obviously the first thing you'll notice, but ALL of the charges are wildly different. I restarted the app to check again, and THIS is now what I saw. The lob wedge which I hadn't even noticed was missing from the first picture, now matched the 8-iron! So I took the 8-iron out of the bag and tapped it against the floor to "wake it up". I restarted the app again, and now it looks like THIS. I also did the same with the lob wedge, and it jumped back to 100% too. On one hand, this tells me that the batteries truly are "going to sleep" when not in use, which is a good thing. On the other hand, it also means that the battery indicators are basically useless. By the time I've played enough rounds for the batteries to read far enough below 100% as to give me some hint about how long they might last, I'll be WAY past the 30-day cutoff for returning it anyway. I plan to check the charge levels again tomorrow as soon as I'm done playing so I can get some sort of semi-accurate readings. After only two rounds, anything less than 100% on every club would be a fail in my book. I'll report back then.
    I'd certainly hate to be left out of the "WITB signature" thingy, so...

    Cobra F8 Tour Length Driver 9.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0
    Cobra F8 3 Wood 14.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0, 3/4 inch short
    Cobra F8 4 Hybrid 22° - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap Black F4, 1/2 inch short
    Taylormade P790 5-AW Irons - KBS Tour FLT 120 S, 1/4 inch short
    Edel 54°, 58°, and 62° Wedges - KBS Hi-Rev, with various mods and adjustments
    Custom Black Machine M20 Putter - Matte Black Shaft and Skull Edition Superstroke Pistol GT Tour Grip
    Bridgestone B330 RX Balls (or e6 if I start to lose too many that day)
    Ogio Silencer bag for riding/pushcart or Jones Original bag for carrying
    Bagboy Triswivel II for my fat @$$ to walk more
    All clubs besides putter have MCC +4 standard grips, with the "Align" version on driver and fairway
    Custom VW GTI plaid seat headcovers and towel
    Asher Death Wish glove, obnoxious purple pants with a bright green belt, and a pentagram ball marker to irritate the old men who take everything WAY too seriously
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    Don't want to cut/paste NoCaution's whole post, but that battery life thing is pretty disturbing. Why would the charge values move around so much?



    As far as taking them off every time you go the range, the other obvious concern is that with all the on and off, they'll get loose on the grip and start falling off. That was a problem with the old tags even leaving them in place. Pretty sure we'll have to leave them on at the range.



    I would think the Arccos tags are the same though, how long do you get out of a set of their tags?
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,256 ✭✭
    I've been using arccos for 2 years. 128 rounds so far. I don't go to range often but of course I had few sessions. Not a single problem so far. One tag was iffy and they sent me a new one for free ($20 value)



    Not sure if this'd be satisfactory to many of you, but from personal experience, GameGolf was more than helpful with defective tags and units.
  • GautamaGautama Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:


    I've been using arccos for 2 years. 128 rounds so far. I don't go to range often but of course I had few sessions. Not a single problem so far. One tag was iffy and they sent me a new one for free ($20 value)



    Not sure if this'd be satisfactory to many of you, but from personal experience, GameGolf was more than helpful with defective tags and units.




    That's good to hear about the Arccos tags...I'd imagine we should probably expect to get the same out of the game golf tags, it has to be a very similar battery I'd think.
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

    -Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • slowcelicaslowcelica Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I emailed game golf support over the weekend and this morning I got this response.



    "We have implemented a range mode where your sensor will shut down >30 seconds. The medallion needs to be turned off. You may practice at the range."
  • BastlBastl Members Posts: 4
    slowcelica wrote:


    "We have implemented a range mode where your sensor will shut down >30 seconds. The medallion needs to be turned off. You may practice at the range."


    got the same answer.



    Also:
    We will replace any depleted sensors within warranty. The expected lifetime is 1-2 years depending on usage.
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,071 ClubWRX
    I’m usually first in line for new stuff. Pretty happy I held off on this release. Thanks for the reviews.
    Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,384 ✭✭
    The battery in the tags draining during practice is a major issue for me. I like to practice a lot and with the past tags I'd use a drop of glue to prevent them from falling off. The battery issue means I can't glue them and actually I have to unscrew them every time I want to practice which will make them more likely to fall off.



    I get the pre-order price was basically a pay off for those of us who are beta testing the product but these other non disclosed facts are real deal breakers.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
Sign In or Register to comment.