Game Golf PRO

I have the original GameGolf, and to me their website is still greatly lacking, no matter how they capture the data.

They sorely need a "trend" type report where I can see my trend of, say, averaging driving distance by month/year. Either that or raw data export so I can run my own analytics.

Also, their strokes gained is terrible because it compares you to other players that use the unit. I know a couple of other guys who have it, and they don't take the time to position the pin and their putts,so the SG putts is WAYYY off. For example, if you had a 30 footer and forgot to tag the tap in, and you just add a shot, it automatically makes two putts of 15'.

I have the original Game Golf and enjoy it, but wearing a unit and tapping does get old after a while. I think I have 100+ rounds in the system since 2015.

Been looking at Arccos, but would prefer to stick with Game Golf because I have so much data uploaded.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

I've been using the original GG for 3 years now. The raw data is very helpful to me, and I really don't get too caught up with their strokes gained or other matrixes. It tells me how far I hit each club and where my misses are. Tagging is such a part of my PSR that when I forget to charge the unit or don't take it I find myself tagging my belt anyways.

I too am waiting for the Pro version since I don't want to lose all the games/data I have. The Live version did not appeal to me but the Pro does.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I've always said that the GG and now Arccos units are just about ideal for finding out where your misses fall and how far you hit each club in the bag. And that's all they are ideal for.

As a serious golf-analytics tool for teasing apart the elements of your game and tracking trends or evaluating changes in your swing/stroke they are just too limited. Between not knowing where the hole is on the green, to having only a terribly crude idea of your situation (can't take trees into account? then no analysis possible on 90% of the courses in the world) to not being able to codify your intentions for other than stock full shots there are just too many holes in the data.

Ball started here. Ball ended up there. Here's how many yards between here and there. Later, rinse, repeat. The rest is at best just window dressing and at worst completely misleading.

• 5 months later...

just got email.

Jan 4th shipping. 269 EURO. which means $299 USD.

bad timing with economy going down. I don't see many sales at that price.

Me too and I was underwhelmed. I was a buyer last year when they claimed a price similar to Arccos, but this is silly. I guess I’ll keep buying the Classic units as long as I can find them. I’m on my 3rd one now as they are not very sturdy. Well, I drove over one of them, but the others belt clip falls apart.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

just got email.

Jan 4th shipping. 269 EURO. which means $299 USD.

bad timing with economy going down. I don't see many sales at that price.

Me too and I was underwhelmed. I was a buyer last year when they claimed a price similar to Arccos, but this is silly. I guess I’ll keep buying the Classic units as long as I can find them. I’m on my 3rd one now as they are not very sturdy. Well, I drove over one of them, but the others belt clip falls apart.

They have a new belt clip which seems to be much better. I had them send me one a month or so ago. Clips around the bottom of your belt. It's not going anywhere.

Retail: $299.99

Promo: $229.99 And it includes a 1 yr sub to GG Smart Caddie (which I don't use)

Game Golf Smart Caddie - 1 yr sub

So with taxes $248.39 total

As stated above I wanted to upgrade because I've got over 125 rounds and was ready for an upgrade.

Still on my original unit which has held up nicely. Tags are a bit worn tho : )

BAG: Sun Mountain C130 Titanium Gunmetal Orange
Driver: Titleist TS2 10.75° / Tensei AV Blue 55 SFW AF 55g 5.5t
4Wood: Titleist TS2 15.75° / Tensei CK Blue 50 AF 53g 6.4t Mid kp
Hybrids: XXIO X 20°/23°/26°
Irons: Cally Rogue X 7-AW / Synergy 60R 60g 4.7 T
Wedges Cleveland CBX 52° 11°b / Cleveland RTX-3 Cavity Back 58° 09°b
Putter: EvnRoll ER2 Winn Pro X 1.18 grip
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x 2019 Yellow
GPS: Bushnell Tour V4 SE

• 2 weeks later...

I have the original GameGolf, and to me their website is still greatly lacking, no matter how they capture the data.

They sorely need a "trend" type report where I can see my trend of, say, averaging driving distance by month/year. Either that or raw data export so I can run my own analytics.

Also, their strokes gained is terrible because it compares you to other players that use the unit. I know a couple of other guys who have it, and they don't take the time to position the pin and their putts,so the SG putts is WAYYY off. For example, if you had a 30 footer and forgot to tag the tap in, and you just add a shot, it automatically makes two putts of 15'.

Strokes gained putting only requires 2 pieces of information: 1. First putt's distance from hole 2. # of putts. A 30-foot putt and a tap in will give you the same SG (putting) as 2 15-footers.

Strokes gained putting only requires 2 pieces of information: 1. First putt's distance from hole 2. # of putts. A 30-foot putt and a tap in will give you the same SG (putting) as 2 15-footers.

That's true for overall putting, but since it seems that most people don't position the pin in the correct location, first putt distance in their system is not accurate.

Also the "insights" category gives does give "smart tips" which takes distance into account (e.g. "practice putts greater than 30 feet to lower your score by up to 0.3 strokes")

Even though I feel like I'll be a guinea pig, I'm buying one today. I'll game the heck out of it for 30 days, report bugs, and see how much they improved since I used GG last time in 2016.

OTOH, Arccos just introduced pin-location-change where people can share the pin location. If one person playing in the morning changes the pin location on each hole, people playing that day will see the pin-location that's changed and not the default one.

Has anyone that ordered the Game Golf Pro received an email letting you know it has shipped?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

That's true for overall putting, but since it seems that most people don't position the pin in the correct location, first putt distance in their system is not accurate.

Also the "insights" category gives does give "smart tips" which takes distance into account (e.g. "practice putts greater than 30 feet to lower your score by up to 0.3 strokes")

I see. Yeah, those are both issues. Shot tracking tech gets less accurate the closer you get to the hole. Curious to watch what happens with it over the next few years. I presume it will be a combination of next-gen GPS chips and deductive AI, but we'll see auto-tracking that spits out much more accurate strokes gained data in the next 2-3 yrs.

I have 0 problem with the original GG hardware. It's unobtrusive, and tagging is 2nd nature. It's all about what you do with that data after you get it.

I did notice that they changed the "golf bag" section where you can add a club and inactivate another for the same tag. That at least fixes the issue when you replace a club with another model. Too bad they just don't have a "golf bag" option where you can create a "golf bag" with a specific set of clubs in it, then switch it when you upload the round.

I received my shipping notice also. It was shipped UPS Surepost and says it will be delivered Saturday but since it was sent Surepost, I am not going to count on that date.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Just got this today and tried to setup tags but it won't register. Anyone have success with android?

Few Pro's and Con so far.

Pro

1. ability to create/edit clubs on PC is great. and it syncs with the app instantaneously without needing to log off and on again (i.e. Arccos)

Con

1. Android app is raw and stats showing in the app is really not much (vs on website it is decent with graphs and more stats)

2. Support site is not upto date. When trying to email them, product used doesn't even have Game Golf Pro selection. Typical rushed product protocol.

I bet I'll see missed tags and app not syncing with the tags just like it did when I tried GG Live very first time. But I can't confirm anything if I can't get the tags assigned. Very frustrating

2. Support site is not upto date. When trying to email them, product used doesn't even have Game Golf Pro selection. Typical rushed product protocol.

I find this to be hilarious, considering the stupid thing has been repeatedly delayed for nearly a year. Honestly, I'm so done with these goons. They've had since this time last year to work out every single kink/bug/whatever, and the fact that they haven't should be a massive red flag. I honestly wonder if they'll even honor returns at this point. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they took all the pre-sale money and just closed up shop after shipping out a faulty product. I already deeply regret buying the Pro, and I'm not even supposed to get it until Thursday. If it weren't for the 270+ rounds I've got on Game Golf, I would have switched to Arccos already. I know it sounds petulant, but if the Pro doesn't work flawlessly right out of the box, I'll attempt to seek a refund immediately.

Support site is not upto date. When trying to email them, product used doesn't even have Game Golf Pro selection. Typical rushed product protocol.

Under support check the FAQ. They have a section that is specific for the Game Golf Pro. I had a few issues pairing the tags using my iPhone. It had the information I needed to get the pairing done. Also it had a lot of info on the different ways you can use it on the course. I use a Skycaddie on the course and just want to mark my shots without using Smart Caddie. It told me how to how to do that and sync the data after the round.

Callaway Chrome Soft

I find this to be hilarious, considering the stupid thing has been repeatedly delayed for nearly a year. Honestly, I'm so done with these goons. They've had since this time last year to work out every single kink/bug/whatever, and the fact that they haven't should be a massive red flag. I honestly wonder if they'll even honor returns at this point. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they took all the pre-sale money and just closed up shop after shipping out a faulty product. I already deeply regret buying the Pro, and I'm not even supposed to get it until Thursday. If it weren't for the 270+ rounds I've got on Game Golf, I would have switched to Arccos already. I know it sounds petulant, but if the Pro doesn't work flawlessly right out of the box, I'll attempt to seek a refund immediately.

I had same reason for not jumping to Arccos 3 years ago. But after few quirks, Arccos has been very stable and their support is constantly upgrading new stuffs.

I'll test GG for 2 weeks and if things don't improve, off they go back.

Support site is not upto date. When trying to email them, product used doesn't even have Game Golf Pro selection. Typical rushed product protocol.

Under support check the FAQ. They have a section that is specific for the Game Golf Pro. I had a few issues pairing the tags using my iPhone. It had the information I needed to get the pairing done. Also it had a lot of info on the different ways you can use it on the course. I use a Skycaddie on the course and just want to mark my shots without using Smart Caddie. It told me how to how to do that and sync the data after the round.

Following FAQ, I disconnected all my BT devices but pairing still doesn't work.

I thought about cutting them some slack but previous poster made me realized this item was announced in Jan 2018? Bah

Following FAQ, I disconnected all my BT devices but pairing still doesn't work.

I thought about cutting them some slack but previous poster made me realized this item was announced in Jan 2018? Bah

I could not pair anything until I set all of my previous clubs that I had tagged for GG Live to inactive. You can only activate 14 clubs. I decided to start fresh and delete all of my previous clubs and data and get a fresh start on the info provided. That way I can do a good comparison between the P790 and Apex 19. I will say the tag activation process is not the smoothest but I got it done.

Callaway Chrome Soft