Velcro on bag for Glove

Bluefan75Bluefan75 Members Posts: 3,875 ✭✭
Has this become a thing of the past? I have started looking at stand bags, and it seems very few have any form of velcro to stick your glove on to dry out.

Comments

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,912 ✭✭
    I just realized the other day that the bag I used on my Motocaddy electric trolley has two Velcro patches for hanging gloves. Unfortunately, they are partically blocked by the upper support arm of the trolley. Which is weird since my particular bag was purpose-designed to fit on my specific model trolley...
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,868 ✭✭
    yep. I found the bag I wanted minus one thing I desired. So I went to the fabric store and purchased hook and loop w/adhesive backing
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,725 ✭✭
    I'm the opposite, I'm annoyed by bags that have the velcro patches for gloves. Especially those with an icon of a glove on the patch. I don't wear a glove and if I did I would just attach it around the towel loop or similar so it would be more secure.
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,757 ClubWRX
    What bags are you looking at. I don't think that Sun Mountain ever had Velcro, at least in the last few years. I have an Ogio and I think all of their bags have Velcro.

I'm with the the OP, I find it annoying. I use some strips of Velcro to add the SM bags I had.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • GolfGuitarsCarsGolfGuitarsCars Members Posts: 447 ✭✭
    My 2016 Hoofer has two. Not sure if the newest ones do but I think it's a great feature.
    PING G30 SF Tec 12* (Set to + 1*)
    PING G SF Tec 5W
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*
    Taylormade Rescue Mid 22*
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-GW
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 54*/58*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec 34" 340g
    2016 PING Hoofer
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,725 ✭✭
    dbdors wrote:

What bags are you looking at. I don't think that Sun Mountain ever had Velcro, at least in the last few years. I have an Ogio and I think all of their bags have Velcro.

I'm with the the OP, I find it annoying. I use some strips of Velcro to add the SM bags I had.

Sun Mtn 3.5LS has velcro
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M

• thedurtydurdenthedurtydurden Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    I added an adhesive-backed piece to my Titleist Staff Stand, right under the handle. I've used Ogio's for so long, and I missed the patch instantly.
    Tour Issue M2 Speeder Evo 2.0 Tour Spec 661X
    Titleist 917 F2 15 Speeder 757X
    Titleist 816 H2 19 Diamana S+ 90X
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI 22 TIX100 AMT
    Ben Hogan FW15 26-46 TIX100 AMT
    Cobra PUR 50, 55, 60 Versatile
    Scotty Cameron
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    I have a SM sync. I took a piece of parachute cord and made a loop. I bought a roll of adhesive Velcro strip, cut about 20in and folded it over itself over the loop over cord. Then I looped it through itself at the top of the bag on the left side. I looped it through the rail or whatever you call it. I can put probably 10 gloves using both sides of the Velcro if I wanted. I usually just have about 4 or 5 though.
  • baboya96baboya96 Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    I use SM 2.5+ which didn’t come with one. I walk and carry my bag so didn’t want to tuck my glove in back pocket then get caught every time i put on and take off. Bought small patch at Home Depot and placed it right above the towel loop. Works great and helps dry it out in humid/sunny day. Also i think it helps with pace of play, much easier to get to prior to each shot.
    Here’s what I rigged up

• GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members Posts: 653 ✭✭
    I must he really old school.... i put both of mine thru the handle of the Hoofer 2.
  • caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,717 ✭✭
    Ghostwedge wrote:

I must he really old school.... i put both of mine thru the handle of the Hoofer 2.
    Me ,too. Either there, or the skinny parts of the shoulder straps.
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,015 ✭✭
    Ping Hoofer Monsoon has one.
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,757 ClubWRX
    dbdors wrote:

I stand corrected. It looks like for 2018 they are starting to add a Velcro tab on the towel loop. They never did that before. I can see it on the C130 cart/stand, Sync and 3.5LS has the patch as mentioned above. Looks like maybe no on the 4.5 and 5.5. Hadnt noticed the change.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • wrmillerwrmiller Members Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    My new Ping cart bag has one. Even has the little glove icon. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Primary bag:
    Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 915Fd 13.5
    Titleist 913h 17
    Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
    Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
    Ping G400 9
    Ping G30 fw 13
    Ping G30 hybrid 19
    Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
    Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter
  • smittysmitty Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    I always just sew a little piece of velcro on to my bag. They make little velcro circles about 1.5" wide that are perfect.
  • Smooth spin scottSmooth spin scott Members Posts: 1,174 ✭✭
    GloveLove....Great product for keeping multiple gloves dry and in one place.

Disclaimer: Not trying to sell or solicit sales, although I am the owner of the company. Small part time business, helps pay for membership. Usually only sell in bulk to tournaments and clubs up here in Toronto...was thinking of selling some here on the site but felt like I might be on thin ice in respect to the rules.

Check it out, invented myself when my glove was wrapped around the handle and fell off. www.glovelove.ca

*Mods the site is static and no orders can be placed through the site.
    Driver - M2
    3 wood - 915f
    Hybrids - Titleist 915 3/4
    Irons - Mizuno MP18 MMC / Modus3 120 stiff.
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 - 51, 56, 60
    Whitlam/Gauge Design - Coldstar Devon ETBW
    Bag - Sun Mountain C-130

Club - WoodenSticks Golf Club
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Members Posts: 1,476 ✭✭
    caniac6 wrote:

Ghostwedge wrote:

Me ,too. Either there, or the skinny parts of the shoulder straps.
    Just use the shoulder straps, problem solved.
    Taylormade M5, 9*, Tensei Pro White 70TX, 44.75"
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Tensei Pro White 80TX, 42.75"
    TaylorMade P790 UDI, 17*, Project X Hzrdus Black 85 - 6.5 or M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    TaylorMade P.7TW, 4-W, DG Tour Issue X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Tour Rat 1-M 
    2019 TM TP5x
  • Hat TrickHat Trick Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

I have a SM sync. I took a piece of parachute cord and made a loop. I bought a roll of adhesive Velcro strip, cut about 20in and folded it over itself over the loop over cord. Then I looped it through itself at the top of the bag on the left side. I looped it through the rail or whatever you call it. I can put probably 10 gloves using both sides of the Velcro if I wanted. I usually just have about 4 or 5 though.

Too much work ! - Not sure I have any parachute cord laying around either, LOL.
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,232 ✭✭
    Wilson Staff has a velcro patch on the Nexus stand bag although they put it in an odd place about halfway down the body of the bag. They also put one on the Ionix Light bag in a more traditional spot near the top collar of the bag. Those aren't made anymore but you can find them new on ebay. I have a new Bridgestone Premium stand bag that has a patch near the top collar. I also have a 2016 Titleist Staff stand bag that doesn't have one but it uses velcro strips to form the loop for the umbrella so I just use that velcro to hold my glove.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    Callaway X-Hot 15* - Project X something or other - R
    Maltby KE4 Tour 19*/22* - Kuro Kage Black 80hy - S
    Maltby MMB 17 - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Bucktown
  • OLD_BONESOLD_BONES PingMan Chico, CAClubWRX Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    Just buy some oval velcro stickers from Wal*Mart or Target and stick one on your bag. I don't like to put a sweaty glove in my back pocket when I'm putting. I want to give it every opportunity to dry out a little before putlting it back on.
  • Ping ZingsPing Zings Members Posts: 833 ✭✭
    I have the Ping DLX cart bag and it has velcro on it and use it.
  • leejohnkiehleejohnkieh Members Posts: 557 ✭✭
    All the pings have that strip for your glove.
    Team NIKE
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - GD AD-BB 7X
    Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
    My WITB
    Tacoma Country & Golf Club Member
  • e-mane-man Members Posts: 2,055 ✭✭
    Hat Trick wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

Maybe a shoe lace. Some kinda string. What’s too much work about tying a knot to make a loop and peeling the strip from the back of adhesive Velcro?
    Hat Trick wrote:
    BiggErn wrote: