Taylor Made TP Soto opinions

bamagolfbamagolf Posts: 165 ✭✭
edited Jul 11, 2018 in Putters #1
Does anyone use or have used one of these? I ran across the version that Rory plays in a shop today and I liked a lot about it but I am hesitant about dropping 219.00 before tax without more research. I appreciate anyone's thoughts.
Ping G400 LST 10* (set at 9*)
TM RBZ 15* 3W
Callaway GBB Heavenwood (set at 20*)
Callaway XR OS 4H, 6H
Ping G410 6-LW
TM Spider X 35"

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,407 ✭✭
    Its not the exact spec Rory at Bay Hill putter but its close. I tried the anser neck style one a few times and liked it. Its a nice putter with nice feel but IMO it's a $150 putter, not a $200 putter.

If I can find a deal on ebay I might grab one as a spare.
    Long Live Nike
  • golfnut5438golfnut5438 Blind Squirrel ClubWRX Posts: 1,471 ClubWRX
    Played one about a month ago for a few rounds and really wanted to like it. But I don't know if it was the offset, the weight or something else, I just couldn't make many putts with it. I loved the roll it put on the ball and have considered looking at one of the mallets in the same finish, but enjoying my honeymoon my TP Mills right now. I'd look to pick one up used like I did. They should be hitting the market more often now. Good luck in your search.
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,615 ✭✭
    Well, it’s a TM non-spider, blade/ Anser style putter.

Nothing special. Most of their putters are “ meh “ .

They need to get Kia Ma back to making Milled Carbon heads.
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Rogue 4 wd. Atmos Blue TS 7 
    G 410 19* Tour 85
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s (In Play) / Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105s (Standing By)
    MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and RTX 3 Raw 58* 
     Bettinardi '16 BB1 / '16 Bettinardi Tiki /  '17 Studio Stock 8
    Chrome Soft / TP5/ Wilson Staff FG Tour
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 471 ✭✭
    I am loving the original silver Soto. Have been playing it for 2 or 3 months now, which is probably the longest I've used the same putter in years. It's been very consistent for me and may be my safest club in the bag.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • cmorris90cmorris90 Members Posts: 34
    This putter is very nice!
  • DWCobraJRDWCobraJR Posts: 536 ✭✭
    I've had mine since it came out. Awesome looking club wish the back flange was not so angled, but that is pretty nit picky. Can't say it is the best feeling putter ever but it puts a good roll on the ball. Been messing around with grips for it, have not found one I love the fit for just yet though.

The offset (1/2 shaft I think) is a little different from what I'm use to as well. For someone like me who jumps around with putters, it always takes me a minute to get used to the look of it.

Side note, when i got mine it had some CRAZY SPECS. Like 6* of loft and lie angle was 72*. so keep an eye on that!
  • bushwoodbushwood Posts: 378
    DWCobraJR wrote:

I've had mine since it came out. Awesome looking club wish the back flange was not so angled, but that is pretty nit picky. Can't say it is the best feeling putter ever but it puts a good roll on the ball. Been messing around with grips for it, have not found one I love the fit for just yet though.

The offset (1/2 shaft I think) is a little different from what I'm use to as well. For someone like me who jumps around with putters, it always takes me a minute to get used to the look of it.

Side note, when i got mine it had some CRAZY SPECS. Like 6* of loft and lie angle was 72*. so keep an eye on that!

Did your local shop bend the loft no problem? What loft did go to? I need to have the loft adjusted on my Soto too