AP2 vs Apex combo

mxskier ·  
mxskiermxskier Denver 512WRX Points: 74Members Posts: 512 Golden Tee
So.. I may have gone full club ho and bought a set of the apex combo set of irons on CPO that showed up today. I really like my AP2, but I had CF16 before switching to AP2, and sometimes I feel like I miss the forgiveness of the Apex CF16 long irons.

Thing is, I live at altitude and don’t need help with distance (7i is my 172 club) so the extra length in lofts isn’t really necessary, and fliers worry me a bit, but no one ever says no to easy length.

Has anyone his the apex combo? Did you stick with them or move on to something else? I am fully prepared to return the irons unhit to get full refund, but would love feedback to see if it’s even worth hitting them.
Posted:
Ping G400 LST Tour 65S
Cobra F8+ 3W/5W VA Slay 75
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-PW Oban CT 115
Vokey SM7 50/54/60 Oban CT 115
TaylorMade Spider X
Taylormade TP5

Comments

• MCCAMCCA  2874WRX Points: 140Members Posts: 2,874 Titanium Tees
    I play ever series of titleist going back to 2011 I have CF Apex 16’s love the feel and distance I get from Callaway’s.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, CO 1661WRX Points: 475Handicap: 1.2Members Posts: 1,661 Platinum Tees
    mxskier wrote:

So.. I may have gone full club ho and bought a set of the apex combo set of irons on CPO that showed up today. I really like my AP2, but I had CF16 before switching to AP2, and sometimes I feel like I miss the forgiveness of the Apex CF16 long irons.

Thing is, I live at altitude and don't need help with distance (7i is my 172 club) so the extra length in lofts isn't really necessary, and fliers worry me a bit, but no one ever says no to easy length.

Has anyone his the apex combo? Did you stick with them or move on to something else? I am fully prepared to return the irons unhit to get full refund, but would love feedback to see if it's even worth hitting them.
    Do you hit a lot of long irons? I suppose it just comes down to the percentages of clubs hit, and what you like looking at. Coming from TM P750 and 730, I have been really pleased with how forgiving the 718's are, while still feeling good and easy to flight up, down, left, right.
    Posted:
    Ping 410 Plus, 9*, Mitsubishi PO 70TX
    Ping G, 14.5*, Mitsubishi PO 80TX
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Taylormade P.7TW, 4-W, DG TI X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low, DG TI S400
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • DreadzombieDreadzombie  315WRX Points: 128Handicap: 8Members Posts: 315 Greens
    I love my 716 ap2s, and have really just started to try working them on a few tighter windy courses in the area. They're pretty forgiving, and I fill in the lower irons with either the 818 hybrids or tmb irons. What longer irons are you having trouble with? I have my 4i swapped out for a 818, and am deciding between a hybrid or 3/2i of the tmb.

I played the apex pro 16s (full set) before this and find the ap2s are more forgiving and play pretty close distance wise. Tmbs are fantastic as distance irons
    Posted:
  • kiw1982kiw1982 Williamsburg, VA 1235WRX Points: 161Handicap: 9Members Posts: 1,235 Platinum Tees
    I had them and loved.

I moved simply because the shaft I had. It was soft for me.

Personally, I prefer Apex combo than ap2.(had 3 sets of ap2 and liked them) Easier to hit.

Hope this help.
    Posted:
    Cobra                   F9 9.0 Driver 
    Titleist                  TS2 16.5 Wood 
    Ping                      G410 19 Hybrid 
    Titleist                  818 H2 23 Hybrid 
    Mizuno                 MP 32 5-P Irons
    Ping                      Glide 2.0 52/56/60 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron  Special Select 2.5 Putter 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.