Golf confessions...

Comments

• jamgamjamgam ClubWRX Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Aah.. it's refreshing to know there are a whole lot of golfers like me ... image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Lots already said but
    • I don't take penalty when I can't find my ball in the rough (deep bermuda). I drop in the rough and hit it as the next shot
    • I'll never play a shot that could possibly damage a club or me. No rocks, roots, concrete, you name it
    • I'll move debris in the trees from around my ball (pine cones etc that would cause the ball to move) and then put the ball back. I'm already in the woods and going to get a big number lets not compound it
    • I'll give you all the putts you want all day, I don't care but I always putt out. I like to putt, it's the only thing I'm 1/2 way decent at
    • I keep a bottle of scotch (Laphroig) in my golf bag. It never leaves unless I run out in the house on a friday night and remember it's in there
    • I don't keep a handicap, never have. Never played in a tournament
    • I hate playing "best ball" tournaments. The only reason I do is my dad asks me to join and I want to spend time with him.
    • I hate rounds of golf that take more than 4 hours. You're not going to win The Masters just putt the **** ball
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 497 ✭✭
    I don't believe people's handicap unless I played with them.

I asked an older person I use to work with "whats your handicap now" he replies "2 over" a week ago...

I saw him today and asked again because we were with 8 others and a few actually play with him and he replies " 2 to 8 depending on the conditions"
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    Timbo929 wrote:
    I don't believe people's handicap unless I played with them.

I asked an older person I use to work with "whats your handicap now" he replies "2 over" a week ago...

I saw him today and asked again because we were with 8 others and a few actually play with him and he replies " 2 to 8 depending on the conditions"

Lmao... now to get the true answer, multiple however many out of the 8 rolled their eyes, by 3.
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    g400 15.5* | tensei white 80tx
    p790 3i | steelfiber 95x
    p790 4i | steelfiber 110x
    p770 5-pw | kbs tour flt 130x
    sm6 52*8, 56*8, 60*4 | s400 ti 132x
    columbus
    tour velvet | chrome soft

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,514 ClubWRX
    This morning I stopped believing and immediately got a call from Journey.
  • creeksidegolfcreeksidegolf ClubWRX Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I think I am better at golf than I really am.
  • 3ack3ack SCMembers Posts: 123 ✭✭
    I don't take my hat off after the round to shake your hand. Not a sign of disrespect imo. That's why I'm shaking your hand.
    Hammer 6.5*
    GX7 12*
    Warrior Golf 3-PW
    Squarestrike UW
    Alien 56*
    Double Duty Putter
  • HackATKHackATK Members Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Last few rounds on a few holes I was the "better lie guy".. Oh snap!
  • GolfWithdrawalsGolfWithdrawals Woodstock, GeorgiaMembers Posts: 336 ✭✭
    I leave my wallet in my bag and don't realize it until I need to buy lunch on my work break. This happens about once a month. It also means I drive without my license once a month.
    Driver: Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg. Aldila Rogue Black 70x
    3-Wood: Titleist 917 F2 13.5 deg. Diamana Ltd. D+ White 80x
    2-Hybrid: Cobra Baffler
    4-iron: Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi Shaft: XP 115 Stiff
    PW thru 5-iron: Mizuno MP18 MB Shaft: XP 115 Stiff
    50, 54, 58 Wedges: Vokey Sm6
    Putter: MannKrafted Handmade Rattler 360g
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,165 ✭✭
    Sometimes I use a 9 wood...
    **Am I playing Mizuno or PING?  Who knows anymore!**
    PING Bruzer (I can't wait!)
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,514 ClubWRX
    tbowles411 wrote:

Sometimes I use a 9 wood...

Got one too TB. VSteel 9W. It's pure money.
  • jmangus2jmangus2 ClubWRX Posts: 21 ClubWRX
    Always somehow forget to buy tees or cant find any in my bag, end up scrounging whatever is lying around the tee box
    "America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • PMACGolfPMACGolf Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Sometimes I give myself 3 footers... for Birdie �
  • 86020818602081 Members Posts: 1,907 ✭✭
    jmangus2 wrote:

Always somehow forget to buy tees or cant find any in my bag, end up scrounging whatever is lying around the tee box

For me.. Usually, when I am waiting at the Tee box to hit.. I tend to look for unbroken tees.. I usually end up having more tees than I started out.
  • WhereIsDetroitWhereIsDetroit Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Many years ago me and 3 friends would take a golf trip. THe course was very hilly and I figured out if you out it in neutral the governor cant kick in and slow you down. So I did this on a fast down hill and then tried to put it in gear and it wouldnt. So I had to drive the last 6 holes in reverse or being pushed by my friends in the other cart. On the last hole the pushed me up the hill to the green and right where the cart return was, parked it and left.

Feels good to get that off my chest.
  • TServosTServos Members Posts: 433 ✭✭
    I’ve got at least two dozen Pro V-1’s that I never use because I never play a round of golf that I think is important enough to hit a $3 golf ball.

I probably have 1,000 golf tees but still scrounge around the driving range for tees rather than use my own.
    Ping
  • TServosTServos Members Posts: 433 ✭✭

Many years ago me and 3 friends would take a golf trip. THe course was very hilly and I figured out if you out it in neutral the governor cant kick in and slow you down. So I did this on a fast down hill and then tried to put it in gear and it wouldnt. So I had to drive the last 6 holes in reverse or being pushed by my friends in the other cart. On the last hole the pushed me up the hill to the green and right where the cart return was, parked it and left.

That was you?
    Ping
  • WhereIsDetroitWhereIsDetroit Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    TServos wrote:

That was you?

image/busted_cop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted_cop:' />
  • Ryan3773Ryan3773 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Hit a ball at a car that was honking while it drove along the course. Missed them but they stopped and started yelling at me. I lied and said I did it on accident.
  • upstream55upstream55 Members Posts: 31
    I own a pair of plus fours.
    In the Bag:
    Driver: PiNG G15 10.5 Driver
    Fairway: PiNG i15 15.5 3 Wood, UST Mamiya AXIVCORE 79 Series Tour Stiff
    Hybrid: PiNG i15 20 degree, UST Mamiya AXIVCORE 85 Series Tour Stiff
    Irons: PiNG Eye 2 Black Dot, JZ
    Wedges: PiNG Tour 52,56 degree (2006)
    Putter: PiNG Zing 2
    My kids say I have the perfect face for PGATour Radio.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,684 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 13, 2019 7:30pm #232
    DavePelz4 wrote:

My kids say I have the perfect face for PGATour Radio.

You’re lucky, mine say mine is best suited for a dart board. And I can’t say I disagree!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Jacob37Jacob37 Members Posts: 95 ClubWRX
    I have a sweet ball mark repair tool but i never get to use it 😂😂
  • mds5062mds5062 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭

What I know to be true....

Then theres the natural athlete friend who doesn't know anything about swing mechanics, strategy or equipment and shoots low 80's without trying.
  • Hanlpa01Hanlpa01 Members Posts: 92 ✭✭

@Jstdoit95 said:
    I don’t know the last time I pulled a flag when playing solo.

Same here. Waste of time if I’m trying to get in 9 after work before the dark sets in.

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,865 ✭✭

I once made a cart girl laugh and a grown man cry (from laughter) on the same hole.

• FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 MOMembers Posts: 865 ✭✭

Unless I'm in tournament play... if my ball comes to rest in an area that is not a hazard but is on rocks I will move it to an area where there are no rocks. I spent too much on my clubs to have them torn up for a casual round and too many of the courses around here have large areas of no grass.

GO DAWGS
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Members Posts: 773 ✭✭

Even if I have a short tee, I absolutely refuse to hit on a par 3 without finding a broken tee in the grass somewhere. Not sure where I picked up this habit, but I will look for a full minute before I'll use a fresh one.

Cobra King F8 Driver  Aldila NV-2KXV 65 Stiff
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood (15.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (19 degree setting)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - Stock Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport (34”)
  • ctsgolfctsgolf Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2019 5:18pm #239

I have no problem paring with people, but I don't ride with random people. If the course forces me to share a cart I will just walk instead.

@creeksidegolf said:

Well said.

Taylormade M1  Speeder 661 Evo
    Ping G  Aldila NV 75s
    Titleist T-MB 20°  DG S400
    Titleist 695CB  DG S300 (4-PW)
    Cleveland RTX 2.0  52°, 56°, 60°
    Taylormade  TP Berwick 

6/10; Monroe Invitational [Q]  |  Monroe Golf Club (NY)
    6/22; (RDGA) District Champ [Q]  |  FarView Golf Course (NY)
    6/30; (NYSGA) Men's Amateur [Q]  |  Wayne Hills Country Club (NY)

• Drewmiller07Drewmiller07 North carolinaMembers Posts: 170 ✭✭

I’m allowed to take back my confession now. I walked 9 the other day. Will never do that again.

• aceofclubsaceofclubs Members Posts: 835 ✭✭

Im terrible at course management and/or strategy on how to play certain holes. Mainly from the tee.
    Im a single digit handicap and if i get on a tee box and its not blatantly clear that its a driver hole im kind of clueless. My indecision ultimately leads to poor shots.
    This applies to courses im playing for the first time and courses ive played many times.

Driver: TBD
    Fairway: Taylormade Superfast 16.5*/Even Flow Blue
    Hybrid: Titleist 913H/Rogue Black
    Irons: Mizuno MP 59s
    Wedges: Titleist SM4 52/56/60
    Putter: This area intentionally left blank